Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2013, 09:13 AM

3 posts, read 4,291 times

Advertisements

There are a ton of forums about this topic but I wanted to see if anyone could give us a suggestion on what we're looking for. We'll be moving to San Antonio at the end of September. We're both nurses. He'll be working for Brooke Army Medical Center, and I'll be working at another hospital in the area. We're looking to rent an apartment and have a budget of around $1,200/month. I'm looking for a place where I will feel safe when he is gone. I would also like to find an apartment complex where other young adults are staying (we are 22 & 23 years old). We would like to be in close distance to restaurants and bars, either walking distance or a way to get there without having to drive every time. We would like to stay on the eastern side of the city since that is where his work is. We have looked at Alamo Heights but I read mixed reviews on the age group that lives there. Some places we have looked at are Legacy Heights, Cenizo Flats, Hemisview Village, The Can Plant, and the Landings at Brooks City-Base. Any suggestions/thoughts on those places and any other advice you could give would be extremely helpful since we do not know anyone in the area to direct us. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2013, 10:55 AM

501 posts, read 949,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola421 View Post
There are a ton of forums about this topic but I wanted to see if anyone could give us a suggestion on what we're looking for. We'll be moving to San Antonio at the end of September. We're both nurses. He'll be working for Brooke Army Medical Center, and I'll be working at another hospital in the area. We're looking to rent an apartment and have a budget of around $1,200/month. I'm looking for a place where I will feel safe when he is gone. I would also like to find an apartment complex where other young adults are staying (we are 22 & 23 years old). We would like to be in close distance to restaurants and bars, either walking distance or a way to get there without having to drive every time. We would like to stay on the eastern side of the city since that is where his work is. We have looked at Alamo Heights but I read mixed reviews on the age group that lives there. Some places we have looked at are Legacy Heights, Cenizo Flats, Hemisview Village, The Can Plant, and the Landings at Brooks City-Base. Any suggestions/thoughts on those places and any other advice you could give would be extremely helpful since we do not know anyone in the area to direct us. Thanks!
Without question, the Lowrr Broadway/River North/Pearl areas just north of downtown. You'll absolutely love it!

Tons of new apartments have been built in the last two years as well as a ton more under construction. Lots of restaurants. From Nao, Sandbar to The luxury and One lucky Duck to over a dozen more having all opened up in the last year or two.

Those three areas are filled with young professionals.

Check out 1800 Broadway, 1221 Lofts, Can Planf, The Mosaic. Coming online within the next year is River House Apartments and The Cellar.

Old 08-31-2013, 01:37 PM

318 posts, read 570,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teenwolf80 View Post
Without question, the Lowrr Broadway/River North/Pearl areas just north of downtown. You'll absolutely love it!

Tons of new apartments have been built in the last two years as well as a ton more under construction. Lots of restaurants. From Nao, Sandbar to The luxury and One lucky Duck to over a dozen more having all opened up in the last year or two.

Those three areas are filled with young professionals.

Check out 1800 Broadway, 1221 Lofts, Can Planf, The Mosaic. Coming online within the next year is River House Apartments and The Cellar.

I agree with Teenwolf - these are great suggestions and the perfect location for you.

Old 08-31-2013, 02:53 PM

1,807 posts, read 2,970,175 times
Pearl or Southtown. I suggest you spend a weekend in both areas to see which one you prefer. In Southtown you can look into the 1010, Steel House, and St Benedicts.

Old 08-31-2013, 03:57 PM

Thank you for all of your suggestions, it looks like we should look into the apartments you have listed. Can anyone tell me if the apartments you listed are furnished or unfurnished? I'm assuming they are unfurnished but I haven't seen anything on their websites that definitively say they aren't. Thank you again!

Old 08-31-2013, 04:51 PM

26 posts, read 42,129 times
OP...was wondering how you secured your jobs? Did you interview from Pittsburgh or did you interview in SA? I'm a respiratory therapist and will be moving because my wife has accepted a transfer from her employer...thanks

Old 08-31-2013, 06:41 PM

2,260 posts, read 5,617,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola421 View Post
Thank you for all of your suggestions, it looks like we should look into the apartments you have listed. Can anyone tell me if the apartments you listed are furnished or unfurnished? I'm assuming they are unfurnished but I haven't seen anything on their websites that definitively say they aren't. Thank you again!
Lola, furnished apartments are few and far between so it's safe to assume the apartments listed are unfurnished.

Old 09-01-2013, 12:24 PM

They interview in SA, so I do not have a job secured. I have to wait until I actually move there to set everything up. I also have to transfer my license from PA to TX before I can start working there so its a bit of a process right now. My boyfriend is in the Army so he is working at the medical center down there once we move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio