U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 11:35 AM

11,151 posts, read 20,362,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollygagger428 View Post
I disagree with "parts" of town being worse. It's happened to me at the SO Target AND the AR Target.
I lived on the north side for 10 years, then moved to the far west side and have been here for 3 years. It does happen more out this way, part of it seems to be that people take more of their family members with them when they go shopping, so there will be groups of five or six or more people clogging up the aisles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2013, 11:37 AM

161 posts, read 191,420 times
Sorry, but I run into the same thing at The Rim, La Cantera, and every HEB or Target around.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:39 AM

2,651 posts, read 6,510,322 times
Quote:
Sorry, but I run into the same thing at The Rim, La Cantera, and every HEB or Target around.
Maybe it a problem with shopping in the suburbs, and all the new transplants. I don't have this problem at the target in AH.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuboy86 View Post
Maybe it a problem with shopping in the suburbs, and all the new transplants. I don't have this problem at the target in AH.
If you would bother reading what we are discussing, you would see that "all the new transplants" are not the problem.
As a "transplant", I can assure you that I do not congregate in aisles and talk loudly, nor do I get in anyone's personal space when shopping.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:45 AM

2,651 posts, read 6,510,322 times
Quote:
If you would bother reading what we are discussing, you would see that "all the new transplants" are not the problem.
I read the thread thanks, besides some thinly veiled racism, the common consensus is that it happens on the outskirts of town where most new transplants live.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:58 AM

2,623 posts, read 4,554,543 times
I consider it extremely rude behavior and due to lack of proper upbringing. I don't care who you are and where you live, whether you're uptight or laid-back, it is rude to be so discourteous.

I've noticed more and more the total lack of manners and common sense in a lot of people these days and it's a widespread problem. Not only will some people block you in the aisles at the stores, they will give you a look like 'hey, I'm as good as you, just go around'. I really like the ones who just happen to stop in the more crowded aisles to talk on their cell phones and act completely oblivious to everyone else around them.

I see people ambling out of stores and into crosswalks and never look to see if a car is coming or not and their kids do the exact same thing. Half the time they're not even in the designated crosswalk, yet never look one way or another and they staggered the whole clan out and walk at an angle so it takes twice as long to cross. Then the whole tribe starts down one lane in the parking lot and spreads out like a herd of cows and they stay that way until they reach their vehicle and they'll do it with cars sitting and waiting on them to move their fat asses out of the way so they can get through. Grrr!

It's just plain lack of courtesy and rudeness. People should be embarrassed, but obviously, they're not.

I know for sure, I cannot stand anyone breathing down my neck. You get that close to me and I'm wearing my boots, I'm gonna come down hard on your foot with the heel of one of them. Then I'll smile and say, oh, I'm sorry, I had no idea you were so close to me. Not wearing boots? LOL I have a lot of strategies to deal with the issue. Bottom line, don't crowd into me. I have manners, but I refuse to let someone who doesn't walk all over me.

Old 09-02-2013, 12:00 PM

3,746 posts, read 3,851,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smuboy86 View Post
I agree. I don't run into this problem at the Lincoln Heights or Oak Park HEB. Then again I also never had this issue at the Blanco and 1604 HEB.

Old 09-02-2013, 01:01 PM

330 posts, read 501,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
I agree. I don't run into this problem at the Lincoln Heights or Oak Park HEB. Then again I also never had this issue at the Blanco and 1604 HEB.
Me neither. I do most of my shopping at Central Market and Whole Foods, with occasional trips to the Lincoln Heights HEB and the Targets on Austin Highway and in Park North. What to infer from the fact that we don't experience that? I don't know. I do avoid the store on Olmos because it feels super chaotic and is not at all enjoyable. Maybe that's what people are noticing?

Old 09-02-2013, 02:55 PM

6,153 posts, read 8,614,017 times
Quote:
What is racist? I get so sick of people crying and claiming that word. Can't we just discuss facts without crying racism?
Maybe not racist, but classist and stereotyping. No matter what word anyone uses it's negative.

Old 09-02-2013, 03:16 PM

Not sure why I'm being singled out- like I'm the only who notices rude behavior. It is what it is. We don't treat each other like that in business establishments where I'm from; it's got nothing to do with race or class- it's just not socially acceptable. How is it stereotyping when it's plain FACT?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio