Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 12:47 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,987,315 times

Advertisements

I feel the same about the Cheesy Jane's on Bandera and also the one in Boerne. The original on Broadway was pretty good when we ate there a while back (several years ago); but the two new restaurants, which are much closer to where we live, aren't anywhere near as good. With Bobby J's just up the road, where the burgers are a heckuva lot better, there is no reason to put up with average food and service...

Cheers! M2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2007, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malone View Post
Can you believe that I have never ate at Bobby J's?? I have driven past that place hundreds (maybe thousands) of times.
So it sounds like you are saying they are good???

Have you tried Babe's in Helotes? It is in one of those new strip centers by Sonic. It is always packed with cars. I haven't tried it yet.
I cannot believe you haven't eaten at Bobby J's, it has the best burgers but you had better be hungry!

As for Babe's, we've eaten there a few time and it is OK, but I find the menu to be pretty limited. They have pretty good burgers but again, Bobby J's is just up the road. The chicken fingers my kids don't finish aren't bad either.

We've also been to the Rome's Pizza in the same strip mall. We really liked their place over near 281 but this one isn't quite as good, mostly due to the service. I think they need some older people running it, as there are a lot of teenage kids working there. We've had ordered items forgotten and food undercooked, and when we let them know about it they didn't seem to want to offer up anything to make up for it. In one instance, they charged us for some appetizers, and in the other they charged my wife the difference for a replacement item for the one that was undercooked. Poor customer service will keep me away from a place even if the food is good...

Cheers! M2

Old 11-27-2007, 04:00 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,554,592 times
Default Bobby J's

You're right majormadmax ~ Bobby J's is fabulous! Back in the day when I still was a carnivore I thought Bobby J's had just the best burgers. Hafta ask otherhalf if he thinks Bigz or Bobby's are better. He loves Bigz, sooooo....... When he gets home at Christmas time, I'll have to let him try out Timbos.... <giggle!>

Old 11-27-2007, 05:02 PM

Jules

Bobby J's has a veggie burger, two actually, my wife gets them all the time thinks they are pretty good. I am still a carnivore myself so I wouldn't know...

Cheers! M2

Old 11-28-2007, 07:19 AM

734 posts, read 3,015,864 times
I have been craving a good burger for a while now... must try one of these. We ate at Bobby J's when we first moved out here 4 years ago. It was great, but heart attack on a bun!

We didn't like Cheesy Jane's at all. Big'z is great! I don't mind Beefy's Backyard either, once I finally ate a burger there and not just their chicken sandwich. (That isn't very good!)

Old 11-28-2007, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle_Mom View Post
I have been craving a good burger for a while now... must try one of these. We ate at Bobby J's when we first moved out here 4 years ago. It was great, but heart attack on a bun!

We didn't like Cheesy Jane's at all. Big'z is great! I don't mind Beefy's Backyard either, once I finally ate a burger there and not just their chicken sandwich. (That isn't very good!)
A very apt description! We also tried Big'z and it was pretty good, but given my druthers I would choose Bobby J's...

I do want to try Timbo's though! Too many good restaurants...to little time on the treadmill!

Cheers! M2

Old 11-28-2007, 02:31 PM

933 posts, read 1,978,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
You're right majormadmax ~ Bobby J's is fabulous! Back in the day when I still was a carnivore I thought Bobby J's had just the best burgers. Hafta ask otherhalf if he thinks Bigz or Bobby's are better. He loves Bigz, sooooo....... When he gets home at Christmas time, I'll have to let him try out Timbos.... <giggle!>
well then...we pass by Bigz all the time, now we just have to stop.

Old 11-28-2007, 02:52 PM

1,893 posts, read 5,587,870 times
I heard that they were going to open up a Babe's in Helotes. I eat at the original Babe's on Fred Rd a couple of time a month and had noticed people in there measuring and going over drawings with the owner. They did eventually do some remodeling on the original but I wonder if the one in Helotes looks like the one on Fred Rd. That reminds me, my Babe's coupon card is full. They owe me a free meal next time I go in.

Old 11-28-2007, 03:33 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,554,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spamatdan View Post
well then...we pass by Bigz all the time, now we just have to stop.
Yes, you really should!! We had the 2nd CDSA meetup there, and it was great. And for any vegetarians out there, they have a Portabella mushroom "burger" that is divine! (with onions sauteed in beer!!) mmmmmmmmmmm.........

Old 11-28-2007, 04:29 PM

107 posts, read 412,741 times
Timbo's seems ok, but I'd say Sam's right nearby is better. In the old Little Hipps location, Armadillo Burger i think its called, now exists. To even further burgify the lower Broadway area, Chris Madrids might add another location at the Pearl Brewery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio