U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-09-2016, 11:21 AM
 
8 posts, read 6,943 times
Reputation: 18

Advertisements

I would completely disagree with you regarding aggressive driving....I think SA'ers drive extremely passive and slow relative to other cities I've lived in- both domestically and abroad. Driving at or under the speed limit in the left most lanes, waiting until the last possible moment to put one's blinker on and attempt to move/merge, and generally just being very flippant and non-observant on the roads is what I generally see. Additionally, (queue soapbox) putting on your blinker does not entitle you to move over, especially if it involved stopping traffic to accommodate your lack of preparedness. Just because you have it on does not mean that I'm obligated to adjust my speed/etc. for you - you should have bee more prepared or moved over earlier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-09-2016, 11:49 AM
 
Location: Spring Branch, Tx
513 posts, read 1,248,106 times
Reputation: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtwostep View Post
I would completely disagree with you regarding aggressive driving...

Such a wonderful country we live in , you're entitled to think that. .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2016, 07:12 AM
 
72 posts, read 68,448 times
Reputation: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
That being said, yes, I have had situations where I do not properly keep track of time and have to drive fast to be able to make it on time or to minimize my unpunctuality. I try my best to avoid that. But I don't think that drivers should be harassed and pulled over and have their time wasted the one or 2 times they have to do that, especially not by stealth cars.
Because of this mentality, we've had one teenage girl killed crossing legally in a crosswalk near our home. Because of this mentality we've had a person struck by a vehicle while walking in our own neighborhood. Because of this mentality we've had a younger boy almost killed while walking home from school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2016, 07:15 AM
 
72 posts, read 68,448 times
Reputation: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clnconcpts View Post
I've only been here since Nov 2015 and I'll say San Antonio drivers drive aggressively and it just doesn't make sense IMHO to drive so aggressive. Running red lights is nuts, but I see 3-4 every day do it. Folks Rev their engine to speed around you to just sit in front of you. Saved 10 secs woohoo

Completely agree! I've lived in major metro areas in the U.S. and have spent time in most of the others and San Antonio is by far much worse than any of those places. No matter how bad the other areas were, they at least knew not to race for the red light to either cut someone off or not be cut-off themselves. It is completely stupid how they drive in this city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2016, 07:17 AM
 
72 posts, read 68,448 times
Reputation: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtwostep View Post
Driving at or under the speed limit in the left most lanes, waiting until the last possible moment to put one's blinker on and attempt to move/merge, and generally just being very flippant and non-observant on the roads is what I generally see. Additionally, (queue soapbox) putting on your blinker does not entitle you to move over, especially if it involved stopping traffic to accommodate your lack of preparedness. Just because you have it on does not mean that I'm obligated to adjust my speed/etc. for you - you should have bee more prepared or moved over earlier.
Welcome to the Hispanic culture. You'll also be lucky to have any of them not hit and run or have a valid vehicle insurance unlike the scam artist Fred Loya.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2016, 07:37 AM
 
Location: San Antonio TX
168 posts, read 297,673 times
Reputation: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtwostep View Post
I would completely disagree with you regarding aggressive driving....I think SA'ers drive extremely passive and slow relative to other cities I've lived in- both domestically and abroad. Driving at or under the speed limit in the left most lanes, waiting until the last possible moment to put one's blinker on and attempt to move/merge, and generally just being very flippant and non-observant on the roads is what I generally see. Additionally, (queue soapbox) putting on your blinker does not entitle you to move over, especially if it involved stopping traffic to accommodate your lack of preparedness. Just because you have it on does not mean that I'm obligated to adjust my speed/etc. for you - you should have bee more prepared or moved over earlier.


+1...it's like you've been reading my mind for the last two years since I moved here from CA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2016, 07:39 AM
 
2,721 posts, read 3,403,362 times
Reputation: 1536
Agreed, Hispanic ability at automotive steering is practically non-existent.
Ever notice........
Blacks drive yet another peculiar way and Middle Easterners another.
Asians drive another even more offensive way and Pakistanis yet have other also peculiar driving habits (too slowly) and always, always,without exception there is a backup behind Pakistanis in traffic. I have noticed this also.
Russians have their own .... well never mind. No offense intended Soviet.

Except ethnic Americans of course, WHOM , (depending of course upon complexion primarily- though sometimes other unknown and mysterious ethnic factors depending on country of origin, come into play- , mostly these are Eastern European genetic factors, slavics etc.), all drive exceptionally well.
The exception of course for American driver Effectiveness is American women drivers whom are notoriously ineffective at steering automobiles, yet still rate statistically ahead of the products of hispanic culture automotive operators.

Statistics were taken directly from the U.S. national traffic safety bureau.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Buford View Post
Welcome to the Hispanic culture. You'll also be lucky to have any of them not hit and run or have a valid vehicle insurance unlike the scam artist Fred Loya.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2016, 12:38 PM
 
Location: Spring Branch, Tx
513 posts, read 1,248,106 times
Reputation: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradford72 View Post
+1...it's like you've been reading my mind for the last two years since I moved here from CA.
Where in so cal? I'd be happy to have back my san Fernando valley drivers again. These folks atleast drove with the flow of traffic. Folks here have to one up you and get in front, just to be in front. Which causes traffic to bog down I will only drive spren limit to 5 over, cause there isn't a reason to go faster. The fine folks here fell that's not good enough . doesnt matter to me. I'll continue to laugh as I protect myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2016, 10:10 PM
 
Location: San Antonio, Texas
4,274 posts, read 6,621,106 times
Reputation: 3910
Saw a Ford F-150 on fire in the Walmart parking lot. Will upload the dashcam video later. Not too much to see, just a car on fire. Don't see that every day. (In America)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2016, 06:29 AM
 
Location: Stone Oak, San Antonio
713 posts, read 496,135 times
Reputation: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Saw a Ford F-150 on fire in the Walmart parking lot. Will upload the dashcam video later. Not too much to see, just a car on fire. Don't see that every day. (In America)

I love vehicle flamb. Upload that sucker. I'd also appreciate any info on a nice unnoticeable dash cam that you have. When I say unnoticeable I mean, it doesn't get in the way of things or line of sight. And not obviously there from an observer outside your vehicle. With the amount of vehicle robbery here in stone oak, no need to stick out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top