U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 09:59 AM

4,263 posts, read 9,690,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3rtigo View Post
shoot the owner. the dog doesnt know any better. he only knows what he is taught. also, just because its a pit, doesnt mean its aggressive.
No one said he's going to be aggressive but if he is (if any dog is)...blast him!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 02:29 PM

69 posts, read 176,439 times
chewing a fence to get at the guy sure sounds aggressive!

Old 06-22-2009, 02:57 PM

14,613 posts, read 31,138,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanski View Post
Really sounds like boredom to me. An aggressive dog will jump at the fence, and try to get over the fence. I pass tons of those types on my walks. I honestly get scared when the teeth are above the fence line.

Old 06-22-2009, 03:17 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,006,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Really sounds like boredom to me. An aggressive dog will jump at the fence, and try to get over the fence. I pass tons of those types on my walks. I honestly get scared when the teeth are above the fence line.

I remember back in LA there was busy street, and there was a rot that attempted to hop the fence, now that was aggressive. Well the dogs mistake was when my sister was walking to the bus stop, it attempted to scare or attack her, and was scowling her. So in fear my sister jumped onto the road with a car nearly hitting her, it was time for me to teach that dog a lesson. I went over with my baseball bat and when he got stuck on the fence (it was about a 10 footer) I swung for the fences. I think I killed it, I felt bad, but he needed to learn a lesson. and after that every time I passed by I just heard some growling, but no hopping.

Old 06-22-2009, 03:30 PM

1,848 posts, read 4,193,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
I remember back in LA there was busy street, and there was a rot that attempted to hop the fence, now that was aggressive. Well the dogs mistake was when my sister was walking to the bus stop, it attempted to scare or attack her, and was scowling her. So in fear my sister jumped onto the road with a car nearly hitting her, it was time for me to teach that dog a lesson. I went over with my baseball bat and when he got stuck on the fence (it was about a 10 footer) I swung for the fences. I think I killed it, I felt bad, but he needed to learn a lesson. and after that every time I passed by I just heard some growling, but no hopping.
What the hell is the matter with you? Walking onto other people's property with a bat with the intent to harm an animal becuase the dog jumped against a fence trying to protect his property?

While we are at it, let's bash a baby for crying, a river for running and the sun for rising?

What was the big suprise? A dog protecting his territory?

I do not know that the laws in California dictate, but if a person comes swinging a bat on my property, you are d-e-a-d.

EDIT - perhaps instead of hitting the dog with a bat, you could have brought over an air horn to honk at him each time he jumped...same outcome but without being a lunatic with a bat....jesus.

Last edited by cr1039; 06-22-2009 at 03:31 PM.. Reason: edit - perhaps

Old 06-22-2009, 03:46 PM

4,263 posts, read 9,690,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
Let's see...so far you've:

1.Knocked a guy out at a gas station
2.Took a baseball bat to a dog.

This is what we know of...could be more.

Anger management issues?

Old 06-23-2009, 08:28 AM

278 posts, read 616,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanski View Post
no it doesnt. my wife had our neighbor's 80lb dog break through, yes, break through, the fence a few years ago. the dog jumped on her, knocked her over, and proceeded to lick every inch of her face. she wanted attention and probably hadnt had human contact in a long time. after that, we put in a gate so that she could play with our dogs.

throw a treat over the fence, a pat on the head, and you probably have a friend for life, and no more chewing at the fence.

Old 11-04-2009, 09:32 PM

1,316 posts, read 3,012,996 times
Default It's now easier to file a complaint about the neighbors' barking dogs! The city changed their procedures.

Early this year, I had called 311 and they told me I would have to go in person somewhere downtown to file a complaint about the loud dogs from my neighbor. I ended up not doing it at the time because I figured it would be too much of a hassle.

I finally got tired of the barking and called again to get info on where exactly I needed to go downtown...and the representative said they changed their procedures.

You can now file a complaint from your home over the phone! The catch is, you have to find a neighbor to "also" file a complaint against them.

If one person files a complaint, nothing happens. When two people file a complaint (the representative said) the neighbor will receive a letter in the mail from Animal Care Services notifying them that people have filed a complaint about their dog(s). Your information will NOT be in the actual letter sent to them (according to the rep) but they can look it up since it's public record but who does that nowadays?

Also when you leave your information, you don't have to leave a name or phone number...but they do request your address. They don't verify your address in anyway however (they take your word). And the neighbor? You only need to know their address. They won't ask for their name or anything else.

When a neighbor receives a third complaint, they'll be sent a citation.

Hopefully, my dang neighbor will now do something about their large barking dogs! Let's see!

Last edited by xsa210tx; 11-04-2009 at 09:43 PM..

Old 11-04-2009, 10:46 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,077,182 times
don't hold your breath. People literally turn a deaf ear when it's their own dog. Pounded on a neighbor's door to complain about their retched animal once and the dog is barking, barking, barking while I'm telling him to shut his dog up and the confused owner actually looked me right in the eye and said, "Do you hear my dog barking now?"

Ah, yea!!

Old 11-04-2009, 11:04 PM

3,770 posts, read 7,274,116 times
Yikes! My dog barks at every movement. I use to have to put a muzzle on him when we lived in Cibolo - they do not play around there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio