Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2008, 10:06 AM

2 posts, read 9,368 times

Advertisements

Thank you for posting the website. I'm already at my wit's end. I bought a PetMate Bark control system and initially it stopped the barking but the dog got "immune" to it and yes unfortunately the dog is back to it's annoying habit of barking at everything! So honestly, I wouldn't recommend purchasing the system.

I filed a complaint via e-mail through the website and out of curiousity, I ran a search if there's been other complaints filed against my neighbor. I wasn't surprised to see 2 complaints so in a way I was glad I'm not the only one bothered by the dog barking but unfortunately I thought that after the 1st time, the owners would do something about it. I'm hoping 3rd time is the charm.... unless they just want to keep on paying the fine, which according to the fine schedule should be about $300 by now since this is the 3rd time.

Sorry I don't have anything useful to add - just voicing out my frustrations & hoping 311 really works.

Thanks
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2008, 10:14 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,105,348 times
I used to be an HOA president, so I know that HOAs can't do much more about barking dog complaints than notify the dog owner/member about the other member's complaint.

The advice above about calling 311 is good, but it's really just the first step in a longer process if the owner doesn't take steps to fix the problem after being notified. The web site at the link below has a well-detailed procedure (scroll to the bottom of the page) for dealing with barking dog complaints in San Antonio.

Hidden Forest HO | Draft

Old 02-26-2008, 10:25 AM

2 posts, read 9,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemeaux76e View Post
Thank you for posting the website. I'm already at my wit's end. I bought a PetMate Bark control system and initially it stopped the barking but the dog got "immune" to it and yes unfortunately the dog is back to it's annoying habit of barking at everything! So honestly, I wouldn't recommend purchasing the system.

I filed a complaint via e-mail through the website and out of curiousity, I ran a search if there's been other complaints filed against my neighbor. I wasn't surprised to see 2 complaints so in a way I was glad I'm not the only one bothered by the dog barking but unfortunately I thought that after the 1st time, the owners would do something about it. I'm hoping 3rd time is the charm.... unless they just want to keep on paying the fine, which according to the fine schedule should be about $300 by now since this is the 3rd time.

Sorry I don't have anything useful to add - just voicing out my frustrations & hoping 311 really works.

Thanks
I received a reply when I filed the complaint via email and she said that effective October 1st - SAPD handles noise complaints.

Oh Lord ...here's wishing something will happen.

Old 02-26-2008, 01:19 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,451,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemeaux76e View Post
I received a reply when I filed the complaint via email and she said that effective October 1st - SAPD handles noise complaints.

Oh Lord ...here's wishing something will happen.
I don't know if you have considered this...but why not get a "petition" from other neighbors who are willing to call and complain on this guy's lack of attention to his animal, then let the guy know that you will ALL be filing complaints. Maybe there is "safety" in numbers for something like this....

Plan B is to let the air out of all his tires during the time that you can't work/sleep because of his dog.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:59 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,083,933 times
Default chained dog

Most city ordinances limit the amount of time a dog can be chained (vs all day long in a fence). The reason is the not-so-smart dogs can get twisted up in the chain and/or don't have access to water/shade.

Old 06-22-2009, 06:28 AM

1 posts, read 3,874 times
My neigbor has a Pitbull dog and when I go to water,cut of fix up the back yard ,the dog chews

the wooden fence between our properties.One day the dog is going to be in my backyard. What

should I do?

Old 06-22-2009, 07:49 AM

4,263 posts, read 10,822,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefman08 View Post
My neigbor has a Pitbull dog and when I go to water,cut of fix up the back yard ,the dog chews

the wooden fence between our properties.One day the dog is going to be in my backyard. What

should I do?

Shoot him if he breaches the fence and is aggressive.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:50 AM

2,260 posts, read 5,616,185 times
Quote:

should I do?
Tell the owner his dog is trying to chew through the fence, and ask him to do something about it. Give him a time limit.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:35 AM

1,848 posts, read 4,683,352 times
Quote:

should I do?
try a repellant spray or perhaps a chicken wire lining.

throw toys over, probably chewing out of boredom or frustration.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:55 AM

278 posts, read 693,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
Shoot him if he breaches the fence and is aggressive.
shoot the owner. the dog doesnt know any better. he only knows what he is taught. also, just because its a pit, doesnt mean its aggressive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio