U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 10:08 AM

7,651 posts, read 8,107,693 times

Advertisements

I dont get this location at all where they are building next to the new Toys R Us. Do people really want to live in an apartment that looks at the backside of a strip center on one side and the backside of an office building on the other? Also, do they plan to enhance the path in and out of there? It is already an ugly maze getting from Ingram (by Valero) to Target and any other store in that center and even worse trying to get in and out of the shopping center from the 151 side.

Just seems like a really strange location for anything "luxury". I think I get that they are maybe trying to portray it as "easy walk to here and there" but there isnt even a grocery store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2013, 10:29 AM

85 posts, read 311,043 times
I find it hard to believe that that part would be zoned different than commercial. I guess with a little bit of money anything is possible.

Old 09-14-2013, 10:59 AM

360 posts, read 657,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
Just seems like a really strange location for anything "luxury". I think I get that they are maybe trying to portray it as "easy walk to here and there" but there isnt even a grocery store.
Or even a real road that runs between it and said strip center. I've driven that 'alley' and let's just say you feel like you're driving in rush hour Da Nang with the amount of buzzing traffic. No two wheels vehicles to speak of though.

One could argue that Target could provide some food needs that a small grocery story could.

Old 09-14-2013, 12:46 PM

6,153 posts, read 8,614,017 times
Based on how many threads we have on the area I guarantee you that they will be 100% rented within months. That seems to be "the place" for SA right now.

Old 09-14-2013, 12:50 PM

161 posts, read 191,420 times
It is amusing to me what is considered "luxury" apartments in this town. We've been looking at other cities for possible moves and found some AMAZING places in much smaller cities.

Old 09-14-2013, 01:20 PM

309 posts, read 463,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lollygagger428 View Post
It is amusing to me what is considered "luxury" apartments in this town. We've been looking at other cities for possible moves and found some AMAZING places in much smaller cities.

I can assure you that "luxury" is an overused marketing term for apartments, especially in this area. They may be new, but certainly not luxury.

The only true luxury apartments in San Antonio are around the Pearl, Quarry, La Cantera and possibly Southtown. True luxury offerings have really just started to appear here in the last few years. It is nice to see higher quality offerings finally catching on here, but you won't see $2/sf rents on the far West side.

As a side note, the latest offering coming to the Pearl, The Cellars, will be spectacular.

Old 09-14-2013, 02:45 PM

188 posts, read 386,853 times
That specific location looks much more suited for "big box" stores (Costco, you listening?!) to accompany the Toys R Us, Target, etc., rather than an apartment complex.
I agree that they need to SIGNIFICANTLY improve the access road there. It's horrible and I often avoid that strip mall simply due to the traffic/entrance issues if time is an issue during my lunch hour.

Old 09-14-2013, 02:54 PM

342 posts, read 329,604 times
Bingo. There are a few really nice complexes up and down 151. Access points on 151 already are kinda crappy, this being the worst.

Its kinda like, where is the worst and most stupidest place we can build an apartment complex? 151/410 shopping center?

Ok! Let's put it up there!

Mind you they just built a complex on Potranco and Timberhill, which is basically across the street from another complex just diagonal and then another one just a hair down the road as well.

Its kinda funny.

Old 09-14-2013, 02:57 PM

135 posts, read 164,739 times
This side of town is trash and the apts there will be ridden with crime! Ask the apt down the street. This is my side of town, I grew up here before albertsons was built and the demographics have change for the worse. The only way this place will stay nice is if they price it out of the side of towns price point like the luxury condos at pearl and broadway area. But still the location alone traffic wise will be super super bad!

Old 09-14-2013, 06:00 PM

10 posts, read 9,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lollygagger428 View Post
It's an industry wide marketing term. Same way mass producers of food label things as "Artisan" or "healthy."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or