Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 08:43 AM

2,721 posts, read 4,390,593 times

Advertisements

I do not think there are enough "Grass Roots" to overtake our lawn. He hasn't even
done anything wrong.
Political posturing, no more. I hope they spend a lot of money. If the name Pat Robertson
is involved it already stinks of fish.
Pat Robertson is to Television Evangelism what Hulk Hogan is to wrestling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
What do you think of these efforts?

WASHINGTON, September 19, 2013 — Following the successful recall of two senators in Colorado, another liberal elected official with an entrenched political family seems to be the next target after offending some Christian and conservative groups.

Grassroots efforts to recall San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro underway | Washington Times Communities

Old 09-21-2013, 09:00 AM

437 posts, read 638,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
All good points. Unfortunately, you can't convince ignorant people that SA is anything more than a pathetic third world country. They whine and b**** about SA, yet they continue to stick around here. Go figure...
yep, said this before as well. Too many whiners and I can't tell if these people are trolling or just that delusional.

Old 09-21-2013, 09:38 AM

Default Appropriately named,

You are a political Lollygagger.
This person has entered statistics. Stating what is happening , here.
Dispute them if you must with otherwise information. Otherwise your contentions to the
contrary are meaningless mere gumflapping. San Antonio has done extremely well.
A blueprint for American cities. This city cannot be duplicated, it is unique.
Within its' own specifications it is unique.
Again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lollygagger428 View Post
Delusional post... I can't believe there are those who actually buy the "spin", and giving him the credit makes it even more nauseating.

Old 09-21-2013, 09:44 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,108,718 times
This column for subscribers at expressnews.com discusses how an east side church was hosting a "strategy meeting" of local church leaders to discuss efforts to organize the recall. It mentioned that they'd be taking the risk of losing their tax-exempt status by engaging in political activity.

Old 09-21-2013, 10:29 AM

135 posts, read 191,566 times
Lol yeah I delusional! Take a look around! Yes we have jobs but have you looked at them? MAJORITY PART TIME! You can't live off of that. Please leave the gays out of it! It has nothing to do with them. Wow yes at one point Detroit was thriving where is it at now? We have a great economy but it has nothing to do with Castro he is waisting tax dollars! Whatever it will happen because most of his supporters are lazy and won't do anything to fight back. Just name call typical..

Old 09-21-2013, 10:34 AM

243 posts, read 333,723 times
So basically Huckster what you are saying in your long post # 32 is that your ok with lying, cheating, misrepresenting and getting elected by any means possible(example, the box 13 incident of the 48 election dead people voting ) just as long as it's a democrat and they get the programs and laws that you agree with implemented. Too bad LBJ didn't have his father's character. If I'm misunderstanding your post I do apologize, but that's what it reads like and just to be clear I in no way endorse Ted Cruz for anything. He would make a used car salesman look like a saint and no offense to used car salesmen.

Old 09-21-2013, 12:53 PM

580 posts, read 1,429,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spursrock View Post
Wow some people are really okay with what he has done to this city. At the rate we are going San Antonio will become the next Detroit. Forget it has anything to do with the left or right this guy is no good for the city! Everything this mayor has done has cost this city money and jobs. Please explain the good he has done that doesn't warrant his recall? We should be ashamed of the pathetic city council and mayor we have.

Ha ha ha. San Antonio is the ONLY MAJOR CITY IN THE ENTIRE COUNTRY to have a AAA bond rating by all three major rating agencies. Yep, we're surely on the financial brink of disaster!

U.S. Chamber of Commerce: San Antonio Makes Top ‘Enterprising Cities’ List | The Rivard Report

Old 09-21-2013, 12:56 PM

Default Diatribe,

A brilliant one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
This post is hilarious. Reminds me of a sarcastic meme I see going around all the time these days:

"It's Bush's fault and you're a racist."

BTW, still believe Bush got us into a war based on lies? Really? LOL!

I can always count on CDers to provide entertainment...

Old 09-21-2013, 01:12 PM

Default Wow!

Looks to me like you have it, JUNE OF48. That defining statistic. An Enterprising City. Some people cannot see it. They must rip at the old hometown as though it were going down the tubes , evidence contrary
does not have any bearing here...
It does not matter if it is all falsehood , just do wome jaw wagging about how bad our city is
and how bad it is going to get. Triple AAA Bond Rating? Wonderful.
How much worse can it get? My God, we are ruining the place!
Soon, it will be a ghetto.
Oddly enough, there is no ghetto in San Antonio. Not to worry, soon enough we will have one, houses
will be abandoned and there will be empty auto factories everywhere. Urban decay is about to begin.
The crime rate and unemployment will soon rise and will and match Detroit's.
Hell is coming to San Antonio.
Keep the gums flapping.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneOf48 View Post
Ha ha ha. San Antonio is the ONLY MAJOR CITY IN THE ENTIRE COUNTRY to have a AAA bond rating by all three major rating agencies. Yep, we're surely on the financial brink of disaster!

U.S. Chamber of Commerce: San Antonio Makes Top ‘Enterprising Cities’ List | The Rivard Report

Old 09-21-2013, 01:25 PM

243 posts, read 333,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneOf48 View Post

What you said is very true, but the trick is to keep it that way. Just like when a family over extends their credit and then they lose their main source of income they can lose that AAA rating overnight if you have not planned for a raining day. Right now things are going along pretty well and As long as SA does not spend beyond it's means then we should be in a good place for long time to come, but it doesn't take too many years of politically ambitious politicians to bring down a great city by abusing the budget and the taxpayers.

Last edited by geargrinder70; 09-21-2013 at 02:23 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio