Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2013, 03:16 PM

3 posts, read 7,006 times

Advertisements

Hello guys, Do anyone knows any good tubing service provider in New Braunfels. Actually a friend of mine is going to Texas next week and want to know about the best tubing service provider as there are a lot of tubing services providers in New Braunfels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2013, 05:32 PM

3,491 posts, read 6,974,143 times
I went to New Braunfels in 2011 and we tubed in the Comal cuz of the drought Im sorry but I cant remember the service we used ....im sorry I could not be of more help to you but we had a good time.A google search could help.

Old 09-27-2013, 06:06 PM

4,573 posts, read 6,781,184 times
With kids do the Comal & use Landa Falls outfitters. If a young adult do the Guadalupe river, lots of outfitters...Rockin R being the largest. Here some some threads with comments:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/searc...archid=6887513

Old 09-29-2013, 08:41 PM

256 posts, read 320,997 times
During a recent trip to NB, we used Chuck's tubes in NB. They are right next to the Comal River. They were great. All their tubes have bottoms which is always nice. Also, because of the new law regarding bringing alcohol on the river, they have a frozen daiquiri machine with several flavors. They let us borrow large bottles so that we were meeting the new regulations and didn't have to pay for the bottle as long as we brought it back.

Old 10-03-2013, 02:07 PM

3 posts, read 7,006 times
Hey Thanks everyone For your replies. I am in Texas right now and going to New Braunfels Tomorrow for Tubing. Here i have found that For Tubing in New Braunfels Comal Tubes is the best service provider. Will try it tomorrow and will let you know all about there services.

Old 10-03-2013, 02:27 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,550,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhunt912 View Post
Hey Thanks everyone For your replies. I am in Texas right now and going to New Braunfels Tomorrow for Tubing. Here i have found that For Tubing in New Braunfels Comal Tubes is the best service provider. Will try it tomorrow and will let you know all about there services.
If we believe the weather forecast, Friday will be the last hot day for a while, temps dropping 15+ degrees by Saturday. Tubing in the 70s...BRRRR ! Have fun!

Old 10-03-2013, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markhunt912 View Post
Not accurate.

First: If you wanted to float the Guadalupe, then Comal Tubes wouldn't service it. (you never indicated if you wanted to float the Comal or the Guadalupe).

Second: If floating the Comal, Landa Falls provides the longest float..... & "service" for all the companies consists of a bus ride back to the parking lot. (the parking lot for Landa Falls is the beautiful Wurstfest Grounds....for Comal Floats it looks like a lot on Seguin St.)

Third: The Comal Floats website suggests folks are dropped off at "the main entrance" to the Comal. There is no "main entrance" to the river. (the drop is in Prince Solms park above the tube chute). Landa Falls parking & entrance is half mile further upstream, the first 1/2 hour is a blissful uncrowded float.....before the hordes jump in in Prince Solmes park right above the Tube Chute. The Landa Falls float is a half hour longer, 1/2 mile further, on a prettier stretch of river & provides safe pleasant parking on the Wurstfest Grounds.

Why claim something is "best" when you've never been?

Maybe it's a buck cheaper?

Old 10-04-2013, 02:12 PM

336 posts, read 484,057 times
For me, it's Comal all the way. The water is always cold (it's a natural spring) and it flows. The Guadalupe is a hot mess of young people, drunks and surly New Braunfels police officers floating around.

Google the 'private' spots to park and float. There are a few and it's really the best way to spend the day.

Old 10-04-2013, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staunchcharacter View Post
For me, it's Comal all the way. The water is always cold (it's a natural spring) and it flows. The Guadalupe is a hot mess of young people, drunks and surly New Braunfels police officers floating around.

Google the 'private' spots to park and float. There are a few and it's really the best way to spend the day.
Are you suggesting the Comal River or "Comal Tubes" (tube outfitters) ?

I agree the Comal River is much preferable to the Guadalupe River (& I also would often park & float 5 min. & do the tube chute - rinse & repeat 8-10 times).....but the OP is asking (suggesting) "Comal Tubes" outfitters.

Old 10-04-2013, 04:16 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,246,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post

Why claim something is "best" when you've never been?

Maybe it's a buck cheaper?
Because its probably spam. That being said, its going to be a bit too chilly to really enjoy the float.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio