Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 07:32 AM

3,468 posts, read 8,554,592 times

Advertisements

Ah. The long hair and tight pants part fits the friends, but only the tight pants part fits my sons. One has a growing out mohawk that is 'almost' long (scraggly is more like it) and the other has shorter scraggly hair). However, none of them ride bikes (as far as I know anyway), just boards. So if you see a couple of really skinny kids - 11yob with light brown/dark blonde growing out mohawk and tall 17yob with dark shaggy hair, and they're causing problems, ask them if their mom is Jules. They probably won't give you any more trouble! And feel free to wack them upside the head if they give you any lip!! (Just don't shoot 'em please, I kinda like them. )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2007, 08:20 AM

422 posts, read 1,450,669 times
Hmmmm...well, if they skateboard and hang in the ditch behind creekknoll, then that's them. From what I've heard, they tagged up the fence and the ditch, and my neighbor confronted them when they were smoking pot in the ditch. Not saying any of those kids are yours, but you may wanna be aware of the kids he's hanging with.

Old 11-20-2007, 04:27 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,389,899 times
I haven't smelled any weed and definitely would've if the kids I was talking about were doing it. That's a smell that's impossible to miss, especially when you have the sense of smell I have (which is like 10X better now that I quit smoking).

I haven't seen the kids I was talking about in quite a while, so maybe they moved or something. They looked really odd because they had long hair and super tight pants. Reminded me of a lot of the kids I hung out with when I was in high school in the 80's..

taggers suck though, I'm glad someone reported them. I'd definitely stop anyone I saw practicing their "art" in Westcreek..

Old 11-20-2007, 06:39 PM

Well, I "talked to" my boys tonight. Pretty good about being sneaky and finding out info (after all, I was a "wild" teenager not all that long ago....ok, maybe a million years ago! ) and I don't think it was them or their friends that live on CreekKnoll. However, if you guys ever do see those kids again, please don't hesitate to stop them and see ask if they're my boys. Then bust them upside the head if they are!! And promptly drag them by their hair back home! They haven't been over there in a few months, and usually were always there for video game parties while the kids' mom was home, but still.......

Oh, and Yeah! My kids know how I feel about "tagging"! I wouldn't hesitate to stop the car, jump out and grab a taggers' can, and spray it in their face! Would *never* gripe at someone for doing the same to my kids! They know there would be no sympathy at home!!!

Old 11-21-2007, 02:56 AM

Thank you for being a good parent jules, wish all parents were more that way. I too was far from perfect when I was a teen and that's why I don't hold my kids to some crazy high standard. However, I explain to them how things really are, which is something my parents never did for me.. I basically tell them where I screwed up and let them know what can happen before they find the answer on the street...
thanks again

Old 11-23-2007, 12:56 AM

2,027 posts, read 7,025,249 times
You all sound like a bunch of old people. A guy listening to loud music may run over a kid waiting on the school bus? I don't want an age-check but I'm guessing the average age of posters prior to myself are pushing 60. Really it isn't a big deal (except vandalism, that can be a big deal), it is just some younger people out doing what younger people have been doing for ages.

Old 11-23-2007, 03:09 AM

I'm 40 and you're obviously not out to make friends..

All of us were young once and did some crazy things, but most of us knew where the line was.. The kids in the OP's post crossed that line a long time ago and the proof is in the number of laws they are violating. The fun and games excuse runs dry when you have to take your case to court...

BTW, most of us are home owners.. I'll take a stab that you aren't tgannaway89? You'll understand this side of it when/if you are a homeowner..

Old 11-23-2007, 06:39 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,029,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgannaway89 View Post
You all sound like a bunch of old people. A guy listening to loud music may run over a kid waiting on the school bus? I don't want an age-check but I'm guessing the average age of posters prior to myself are pushing 60. Really it isn't a big deal (except vandalism, that can be a big deal), it is just some younger people out doing what younger people have been doing for ages.
I'm 43. No, listening to loud music won't cause him to run over a kid waiting on a school bus. Speeding through the neighborhood like a bat out of hell will. And I don't think he's young, either, but whatever.

I may sound like "old people" but you sound like a troll.

Old 11-23-2007, 09:13 AM

Default Pushin' 60!! Ha!!

Another 43yo here! And like Sapphire said, listening to loud music won't cause you to run over a kid (heck, you wouldn't believe it was a "mom van" that you pulled up next to, when you hear Chili Peppers or Korn or NIN or Rob Zombie or Pit Bull Daycare or....or........ blaring from my stereo) ~ but speeding down a residential neighborhood well could! Some D#$%H*@D just hit (errrr...flat out ran over!) a neighbors dog just the other day, right in front of me and my kids, cause he was driving so fast he couldn't stop. Could have been one of my kids! That's what makes my blood boil!! I've even started jumping out into the middle of the street and yellin' at these jerks to slow down. Driving thru residential streets fast is NOT acceptable, in any stretch of the imagination. <steps off soapbox>

And yeah, we've all been young and crazy. But teaching our kids to respect other's property is different than letting kids be kids. The OP was concerned, for one thing, about some chick throwing up in *her* yard (OP's), as well as a ton of other behavior that shows that the neighbor's kids have no respect for other's property. That's the issue.

Old 11-23-2007, 12:14 PM

wow jules, I'm picturing your keyboard catching on fire as you typed that first section

and I'm another driving fast in a residential area hater. I can see going faster than normal on the big roads that run through the larger neighborhoods (like Military and Westcreek Oaks in Westcreek), but the other streets should be traversed like the proverbial old lady. It always drives me crazy when people drive 10 mph under the speed limit on the big streets and do 10 second stops at stop signs when it's painfully obvious that nobody is coming, but suddenly feel the urge to fly when they get on streets with all the houses/kids/dogs/bicycles etc.. I don't jump out in the street after them, but I definitely give them the evil eye..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio