Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 04:52 PM

447 posts, read 1,044,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rctsat View Post
To me the best thing at Bill Millers is their marinated onions. I still like buying a couple of the little chopped bbq on a bun and covering the sandwich with those yummy onions. I never liked their brisket at all, the fried chicken is pretty good. (with enough onions)

Do you mean the onions that are self-serve near the ketchup and bread table?

Do you know what they are marinated in? Was wondering if they were cooked as well, or just cut and put in the marinade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2013, 04:53 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,981,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
I can't even afford the po boy anymore. That po boy is now the middle class boy.
This needs to go on one of their marquees!!!!

Old 10-14-2013, 04:58 PM

216 posts, read 398,831 times
Yes I believe they are lightly cooked, very lightly, then allowed to marinate in a little oil and white vinegar with some dried dill weed sprinkled in. I have made them like that myself and they are about as good as BM's, ow that doesn't sound good, I'd better say Bill Millers.

Old 10-14-2013, 05:02 PM

They could lower the price of the "middle" boy back to a "poor" boy by going to a smaller bun, oh wait I think they already did that some time back.

Old 10-14-2013, 05:04 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,868,439 times
One thing that is still cheap there are their loaves of bread for 50 cents. I make pulled pork and buy their bread to use as buns.

Old 10-14-2013, 05:14 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,026,845 times
Do they still pawn off their pies and other leftovers at the end of the day for 50 cents or something? And don't ever take Bill Miller's for granted. When you move away, you will miss them.

Old 10-14-2013, 05:24 PM

My 1/4 lb of lean brisket went from $2.75 to $3.11 but I still eat it 3 times a week for a quick lunch.

Lean brisket, that's an oxymoron, like saying government worker, cute biker chick, lucky bridegroom, happy housewife..... on second thought forget I said anything about government worker, I don't want to get a bunch of negative comments I get too many of those as it is. Any way back to my original point if you're eating "lean" brisket you're missing the best part. A little fat is good for you, when was the last time you saw any plump Eskimos and they live on the stuff.
I still say the bbq at Roland and Rigsby is the best in town, others have said it's not as good as it used to be but it is head and shoulders above Bill Millers or Rudys as far as I'm concerned. I think it's just called the "Smokehouse" not sure it's changed names.

Old 10-14-2013, 06:14 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,981,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Do they still pawn off their pies and other leftovers at the end of the day for 50 cents or something? And don't ever take Bill Miller's for granted. When you move away, you will miss them.
Truer words have never been spoken!!!
I miss this place dearly.
When I lived there, a b.millers or churches chicken was always a walking distance from my apt.
Used to eat daily at these places..

Old 10-14-2013, 08:13 PM

3,216 posts, read 8,554,994 times
Quote:

Yes, but closer to $1 sometimes. We have made many a Franken-pie when we've been near closing time.

Old 10-14-2013, 09:57 PM

2,359 posts, read 6,432,752 times
Quote:
This is funny reading this, went to my bill millers before 9 a few hours ago and look what $8 got me:

1 PT Rice
1 PT Hash Browns
10 pc fried chicken
1 whole coconut pie

It seems I will only stop in around closing time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio