U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 12:30 AM

263 posts, read 365,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapunzll View Post
Jacksonville Ghost Hunt

This page lists a ton of supposedly haunted places in SA and other TX cities Shadowlands Haunted Places Index - Texas

Not a headless nun, but a headless horseman.....El Muerto - The Headless Horseman of South Texas
Thanks for that info,it was very inyresting.Big Foot WALLACE is a big name down here in the S.W..There's even a museum about this man because he was a Texas Ranger.Thanks again for
the link up.We have alot 've Legends around here in SAN ANTONIO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2013, 11:09 AM

1,004 posts, read 1,168,140 times
I read that some people do not like working the night shift @ Santa Rosa
Hospital because they have seen or heard about a headless nun who glides
around.

I have bad memories of that place where I was administered on a weekly
basis vaccine shots back in the 1950s. The needles were bigger & painful
back then not like todays .

I realize that it was for my health & helped. But to a small kid...it was
terrible.

Also, as a former news-cameraman for local television station. On occasion
around "flu-season". My station would send me out to take video of
kids being given the shots for their health prior to attending school.

99 % of the small young ones were crying...

I could never quite convince the station that " kids "watching this would have
a fear afterwards . I usually tried to show only those kids that would not cry.

btw...to young parents...please don't ever threaten your kids that if they
don't behave...you will take them to the doctor or hospital !

I still shudder to this day when I must go there.

Well...that's enough "rambling" from me....Happy Halloween !

Old 11-05-2013, 02:04 AM

5 posts, read 6,561 times
I've heard of the Donkey Lady, the Haunted Train Tracks, La Llorona, and The Midget Mansion. But never a headless nun..

Old 11-07-2013, 08:51 AM

69 posts, read 74,633 times
There were several drownings and at one time a nun drowned in the Lake. I was told she was very depressed and she used to walk to Commerce Street and back. One morning they found her along the side of the Lake and her face was in less than a foot of water. Another time I was at Maintenance Shop and heard a car speeding out of control. The car went along the side of the bridge on Commerce Street and plundged straight into the lake. The Fire Department sent in some divers and an airlife helicopter landed on the soccer field. It was too late the male driver died and they claimed it was suicide. There are at least 3 or 4 other stories to lengthy to to talk about. Plus also the student that took a gun away from a security guard and shot himself next to the Walters building. What other stories do want to know about?

Old 11-12-2013, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elousive1 View Post
There were several drownings and at one time a nun drowned in the Lake. I was told she was very depressed and she used to walk to Commerce Street and back. One morning they found her along the side of the Lake and her face was in less than a foot of water. Another time I was at Maintenance Shop and heard a car speeding out of control. The car went along the side of the bridge on Commerce Street and plundged straight into the lake. The Fire Department sent in some divers and an airlife helicopter landed on the soccer field. It was too late the male driver died and they claimed it was suicide. There are at least 3 or 4 other stories to lengthy to to talk about. Plus also the student that took a gun away from a security guard and shot himself next to the Walters building. What other stories do want to know about?
Good stuff,didn't know all that happened.I know that on some Easter Sunday's,something goes wrong there at the lake.I know of a few drownings due to dares of who can swim across to the other side.Tragic.Thanks again
for all the info.There is something I just thought of.At the San Antonio Ranch entrance,about a 1/4 inside,it was reported that a women jogging with her dog,was hit and killed by a driver either coming in or out.Now its been reported that her spirit can be seen at night,after passing her ,she can't be seen.Any info on that would be greatly apprecciated.Thanks!

Last edited by albert soliz; 11-12-2013 at 06:10 PM..

Old 11-15-2013, 12:16 PM

I am not familiar with this but usually urban legends are started way. In time the location changes from one end of the road to the other from where the accident happened. There is eventually usually a twist in the story that fuses two accidents together happening in different years. This is where the paranormal becomes abnormal in the way people perceive the way information is gathered. We usually do multiple investigations under various circumstances like the time of day,weather conditions, IR and Ultraviolet lighting. Is this haunting residual or intelligent? Does it only happen on the anniversary date of the accident or every night at the time of the accident? Sometimes people see what they want to see and others are influenced by another persons version of the story. There is always spiritual energy around us and it doesn't always take the form of the person who passed on. If you post this article about the accident I would like to know about it also the story about the apparition. Thanks

Old 11-15-2013, 11:31 PM

Quote:
I am not familiar with this but usually urban legends are started way. In time the location changes from one end of the road to the other from where the accident happened. There is eventually usually a twist in the story that fuses two accidents together happening in different years. This is where the paranormal becomes abnormal in the way people perceive the way information is gathered. We usually do multiple investigations under various circumstances like the time of day,weather conditions, IR and Ultraviolet lighting. Is this haunting residual or intelligent? Does it only happen on the anniversary date of the accident or every night at the time of the accident? Sometimes people see what they want to see and others are influenced by another persons version of the story. There is always spiritual energy around us and it doesn't always take the form of the person who passed on. If you post this article about the accident I would like to know about it also the story about the apparition. Thanks
How many different places has your group investigated?Read #5 on page 1,if you haven't already.This park Ranger was serious to the core.How many are in your group.My daughters and I checked out the Chineese Graveyard south of 410 on ZarzamoraSt. on the South Side.Some of the sounds and noises we recorded were not of this relm.They were P/U by our lap top sitting inside the car facing towards the cemetery,up on the dash.Windows were slightly cracked because of cold temp. that night.Captured what looked to be a Orb with a figure of a face,and with a tapered end much like a large bubble being forced thru a large hole.
I'll check into the accident I mentioned above.

Old 11-18-2013, 11:22 AM

I am actually with two paranormal groups. One group has 25 members the other group has 150 and both have been around at least 20 years. I have been doing this for 5 years and I usually go through audio/video plus photography images. I would have to see this image which I can tell you from experience less than 50% of people who tell me they have something on film never get back to me. Cold temperatures effect the lens on a camera plus the warm camera vs. cold air you will get condensation beads. You could be right it might be an orb but usually with night photography it is better to use a camera with .0lux or an IR illuminator. I would need to see some type of evidence to see what has you convinced this is paranormal. If things look indisputable I will see If I can get with this park ranger to set up an investigation.

Old 11-21-2013, 09:36 PM

Quote:
I am actually with two paranormal groups. One group has 25 members the other group has 150 and both have been around at least 20 years. I have been doing this for 5 years and I usually go through audio/video plus photography images. I would have to see this image which I can tell you from experience less than 50% of people who tell me they have something on film never get back to me. Cold temperatures effect the lens on a camera plus the warm camera vs. cold air you will get condensation beads. You could be right it might be an orb but usually with night photography it is better to use a camera with .0lux or an IR illuminator. I would need to see some type of evidence to see what has you convinced this is paranormal. If things look indisputable I will see If I can get with this park ranger to set up an investigation.
Thanks and let me know how it turns out.

Old 11-22-2013, 07:48 AM

I would like to look at this image that you have to see whether it looks like an orb. I need to present some type of visual evidence to group for analysis before we contact this park ranger. I will show some pictures I have with orbs If you send me an e-mail address.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio