U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 11-19-2007, 09:49 PM

13,494 posts, read 19,915,841 times
Default I Knew It!

City Admits to Construction Delays | WOAI.COM: San Antonio News

Tezel Road. I do everything in my power to avoid it. Once it's done, it will be awesome, however, it looks like it will be done the second Tuesday of next week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 11-19-2007, 10:00 PM

604 posts, read 1,002,776 times
Yeah, they've been working on that since FOREVER. I think they started construction on it just before I left home (2 1/2 years ago), if not just after, and it's terrible not having that road up and running. For alot of people, you can't go anywhere without first getting on Tezel- there are no shortcuts or alternative routes. This should have been done a long time ago...

Unread 11-19-2007, 10:46 PM

1,805 posts, read 3,055,272 times
Well, not related to Tezel Rd or even San Antonio....
but another story on the page you linked to.....

a gas station owner in Detroit went to a competitor's station and shot him to death after he lowered his prices by $0.03 - yes, three cents.....

oh my......

Unread 11-20-2007, 01:19 AM

933 posts, read 1,273,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopsGuysRule View Post
Well, not related to Tezel Rd or even San Antonio....
but another story on the page you linked to.....

a gas station owner in Detroit went to a competitor's station and shot him to death after he lowered his prices by $0.03 - yes, three cents.....

oh my......
Its been awhile since I had an OT post deleted...so here goes.

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks that somehow the city and the gas stations are somehow in cahoots.

We spend a lot of time taking five mile detours around here because we miss someplace and you cannot just double back again...you have to drive for a mile or so for a turnaround and then....sometimes several miles again to find the next one...and then...well, you get the picture.

Sure, I can blame most of our erratic driving on our out of state plates.

But, we will be seeking some new excuses after we close on our on the 29th and we emblazon all of our vehicles with the state of Texas.

Most of our horror stories come from trying to navigate THE 410.

We know that if the big boots are on our right hand side both when we are going out and coming home, we know we are going the wrong way. LOL

So just like Las Vegas, San Antonio has construction season...which really does last until the second Tuesday of next week...too much.

Last edited by spamatdan; 11-20-2007 at 01:20 AM.. Reason: gee....learn how to spell...

Unread 11-20-2007, 02:05 AM

2,056 posts, read 3,749,438 times
Agh once you get your Texas plates you aren't aloud to put "the" in front of the highway number! You can call it 410, I-410, IH-410, the loop, connally loop, loop 410, but please don't say "the 410" it's very unpleasant to these local ears.

Unread 11-20-2007, 05:27 AM

13,494 posts, read 19,915,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smuboy86 View Post
Agh once you get your Texas plates you aren't aloud to put "the" in front of the highway number! You can call it 410, I-410, IH-410, the loop, connally loop, loop 410, but please don't say "the 410" it's very unpleasant to these local ears.
Yep, that should be part of the driver license test, or on a questionnaire when you get your plates.

Unread 11-20-2007, 06:09 AM

3,103 posts, read 5,746,868 times
Quote:
Yes, they were talking about this on the news yesterday morning. The local anchors were asking the transplants why they say "the" before the hwy. I got a kick out of it. I never really noticed it before city-data but now I hear it all the time.

Unread 11-20-2007, 02:11 PM

Quote:
LOL

Yes, I understand.

I have the "y'all" down, so I will work hard to remove "the" from my highway designation vocabulary.

Unread 11-20-2007, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malone View Post
Yes, they were talking about this on the news yesterday morning. The local anchors were asking the transplants why they say "the" before the hwy. I got a kick out of it. I never really noticed it before city-data but now I hear it all the time.
I do not know why we say "THE"...but when I moved to Sacramento from Los Angeles, the first time I said THE 5, the lady I was talking to said..."You are not from around here, are you?"

Here I thought it was just a southern part of the state thing...but obviously this does not apply to South Texas.

I am glad I stumbled upon this board.

Y'all give me a lot of information about places to go, places to eat and places to live.

Oh, and most important, hearty belly laughs too.

Drive Friendly!

Sorry, had to stick that one in.

Unread 11-20-2007, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Yep, that should be part of the driver license test, or on a questionnaire when you get your plates.
Oh, more then likely for me...it will be on the 911 dispatcher exam or a question during the interview.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio