U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2013, 04:08 PM

545 posts, read 1,044,761 times

Advertisements

I would like to replace my Ceiling Fan with a different model. Do I need to contact an Electrician or can any Handyman do something like that. All the wiring is already there so it would only require turing the power off, removing the old ceiling fan then mounting and connecting the new fan replacement.

Next question .... I would really appreciate recommendations for a good Handyman or Electrician.
It's kind of scary to think of a stranger from Criags List coming into my house....

TIA
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2013, 05:10 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,172,794 times
As long as you can work a screwdriver, read and follow directions and know which breaker is for that fan and can turn the electricity off I think it's a pretty easy job.

Old 10-27-2013, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prim8 View Post
As long as you can work a screwdriver, read and follow directions and know which breaker is for that fan and can turn the electricity off I think it's a pretty easy job.
No.... not for me!!! Ladders are not my thing. I definately need someone to do it for me. And I was wondering if I need to hire a licensed electrician or if a handyman could do it.
Also would like to have a recommendation vs going to Craigs List to find someone.

Old 10-27-2013, 09:10 PM

6,257 posts, read 8,988,285 times
99% of the handymen can do a job like that - it's NOT rocket science.

Old 10-27-2013, 11:54 PM

818 posts, read 981,860 times
Go to Angie's List not Craig's List.

Old 10-28-2013, 08:24 AM

240 posts, read 247,218 times
If you are replacing a ceiling fan, then probably everything is already in place for the next one. Its really not that hard but if you don't like ladders, a handyperson would be cheaper than an electrician.

Old 10-28-2013, 10:12 AM

11,140 posts, read 20,319,586 times
The job is a simple one that any handyman can do. The place where you purchase the new fan can probably recommend someone to install it (assuming you don't buy the fan at Walmart).

Old 10-28-2013, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bspray View Post
Go to Angie's List not Craig's List.
Thanks for posting the reminder about Angie's List. Don't know why I didn't think of that
I will check it out.....

Old 10-28-2013, 04:48 PM

583 posts, read 1,005,387 times
ABC provides Handyman services

San Antonio General Handyman - San Antonio Handyman & Remodeling Services - ABC Home & Commercial Services San Antonio

General Handyman Services

As a home or small business owner with responsibilities for work or personal life, it is often difficult to find time to take care of those necessary odds and ends around the home or office. For repairs, installations, or maintenance projects around your home or office – large or small – ABC Handyman Plus professionals have the years of experience necessary to successfully complete most any job you need done, quickly and efficiently. And we make it easy.
Contact ABC to schedule a Half-day or Full-day time block, our most affordable option for small repairs around your home. If you have a larger project in mind, call to schedule a free no-obligation estimate.
At ABC Handyman Plus, we not only employ great craftsmen, we employ great people. Our selection process is long and rigorous as we search for individuals that not only demonstrate excellence in their technical skills, they possess excellent customer service skills and have an uncompromising passion for quality – for getting the job right every time!
We understand our clients' busy schedules and will work with you to complete the job at your convenience. Don't hesitate the next time you have a repair or maintenance need around your home – we can do it all.
Schedule an appointment with us today and maintain your peace of mind, whether in your home or office!

Old 10-28-2013, 06:32 PM

191 posts, read 377,711 times
ABC is not cheap, but I also felt very comfortable with the people they sent to my house and was satisfied with the outcomes of multiple jobs.
We also used Handyman Connection for electrical and roofing work, and felt I got a better deal than ABC and was satisfied with both jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or