U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 08:10 AM

320 posts, read 933,477 times

Advertisements

With six elementary schools, two middle and two high schools (depending on where you draw boundaries), I'd say this area is large enough to have its own discussion thread about anything related to this area. I think we can also include adjacent communities like Roger's Ranch, Encino Park etc., and the immediate north and northeast neighborhoods along 281, TPC Parkway and Canyon Golf Rd. I'll seed this thread with a few starter topics.

Last edited by StanStelle; 11-07-2013 at 08:20 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2013, 08:14 AM

Does anyone know what will become of the empty building at the southeast corner of Stone Oak Pkwy and Knights Cross? It's been through a couple of remodelings, but nothing ever opens up. It seems like a prime piece of real estate due to its visibility or maybe that factor is keeping it's price too high?

Old 11-07-2013, 08:20 AM

Love To Swim is opening a Stone Oak location. I believe it's going in at the current construction behind Walgreens at Stone Oak Pkwy and Evans Rd. They did a great job teaching my youngster to swim at the Huebner location and I occasionally had trouble finding a good schedule due to their popularity - so it looks like a good addition for them.

Love to Swim and Tumble School - San Antonio and Schertz

Old 11-07-2013, 10:18 AM

3,742 posts, read 3,843,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanStelle View Post
Does anyone know what will become of the empty building at the southeast corner of Stone Oak Pkwy and Knights Cross? It's been through a couple of remodelings, but nothing ever opens up. It seems like a prime piece of real estate due to its visibility or maybe that factor is keeping it's price too high?
The newer office complex?

Old 11-07-2013, 10:51 AM

5,159 posts, read 9,677,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
The newer office complex?
Or the one where Rome's use to be?

Old 11-07-2013, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
Or the one where Rome's use to be?

I was talking about the one nearest to the intersection which has always been vacant, not the one where Rome's used to be or a newer one further back along Knights Cross. Restaurants are a fickle business, as evidence by Rome's demise. Medical facilities have been springing up everywhere along Stone Oak Pkwy and Sonterra and they quickly garner clientele. I imagine that would be a likely tenant.

Old 11-12-2013, 07:12 AM

487 posts, read 978,621 times
The one you are referring to has been in receivership almost since construction started. I'm not sure what the status is now.
Coronado at Stone Oak, the new care facility on SO Pky had an open house yesterday. It's a fabulous facility! Much nicer than any I have EVER seen. If you or a family member think you will ever have a need, you should go take a tour.
You're correct about the Learn to Swim place going in behind Chase bank. So far that is the only signed tenant.
The residential development in Hidden Canyon is moving fast. I believe the parade of homes is scheduled there so they better get moving. It will be an upscale neighborhood, all lots will be at least 1/3 acre lots except a section of garden homes that will be at the very back of the neighborhood. Prices are supposed to start at about $350.

Old 11-12-2013, 10:43 PM

4,274 posts, read 6,631,913 times
Where is Hidden Canyon? & it'll be nice to have a Parade of Homes right in the neighborhood! :-)

Old 11-13-2013, 07:01 AM

487 posts, read 978,621 times
On the other side of Stone Oak Parkway where Evans Road turns into Golf Canyon. The subdivision is being built in the canyon on the left. It will border the neighborhoods of Canyon Rim and Champions Ridge.

In other news, a Via Park & Ride is going in at Stone Oak Parkway and 281 where the Speedy Stop used to be.

Old 11-13-2013, 07:39 AM

This is where Hidden Canyon will be located, as SAAggieMom mentioned:

Hidden Canyon

I live in one of the neighboring communities and have walked through that area. Its more like a valley shape than a canyon, but some areas have a significant slope to them so it'll be interesting to see how they build in there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio