Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 07:45 AM

501 posts, read 949,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliveinsa View Post
This is because of our code requirements: food trucks have to park in a place where they have access to a bathroom, and not within some distance (300 ft? 1000 ft?) of another fixed restaurant. And, they can't serve alcohol.

So, they're not allowed to just pull up randomly downtown in front of the Alamo. I guess at construction sites they have port-a-potties and a lot of people that are already gathered that are going to eat at the same time without other options. That is similar to Rackspace and other places like that, but for the rest of us, I'm glad there is a place we can go, and get a beer from the attached brick-and-morter bar.
Those code requirements were only for the downtown area and are no longer in place. There are a different set of code requirements but they're a lot different (and better) than the former/original codes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2013, 08:38 AM

1,099 posts, read 2,073,867 times
what the heck happen here? people arguing about food trucks..stop already.
Lets talk about your favorite truck that you have tried.

Ok Ill go with The Smoke Shack for BBQ. He usually sits on Naco-410 during the week. Awesome pulled pork sliders. They won the BBQ Madness contest earlier this year Smoke Shack wins Barbecue Madness tournament - San Antonio Express-News

Old 11-16-2013, 09:11 AM

6,706 posts, read 8,775,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teenwolf80 View Post
I don't even think you fully know the history of food trucks. There weren't "taco" trucks in Chicago or New York in the 60s or 70s.

You understand this, right?

My problem with your "definition" of what constitutes a food truck is that, it's not only wrong, it's rooted it what seems to be faulty knowledge.

A food truck is simply an mobile structure that provides food to customers.

You not likely the evolution or current form of the food truck doesn't change what a food truck is.

Btw, most food trucks don't just camp out at a food park, they travel around the city and serve at different employment centers. Some of the big spots are Rackspace and Port San Antonio.
I thought we were talking about San Antonio food trucks.

Old 11-16-2013, 12:15 PM

500 posts, read 969,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnts71 View Post
what the heck happen here? people arguing about food trucks..stop already.
Lets talk about your favorite truck that you have tried.

Ok Ill go with The Smoke Shack for BBQ. He usually sits on Naco-410 during the week. Awesome pulled pork sliders. They won the BBQ Madness contest earlier this year Smoke Shack wins Barbecue Madness tournament - San Antonio Express-News
I love those sliders!

Old 11-16-2013, 02:01 PM

5,580 posts, read 6,504,647 times
I am hungry as I am reading this and wanting a food truck now! LOL I am somewhat annoyed by the fact that I live in the 'burbs (outside 1604 on the NW side) and all of the food trucks mentioned seem to be in SA somewhere that is in BFE. :-( I love to watch the Food Network and the Travel Channel shows about Food Trucks, also the festivals and cook-offs that they profile, again, not anywhere close to me. :-( I will be happy if someone corrects me, so please do! :-)

Old 11-16-2013, 09:14 PM

1,099 posts, read 2,073,867 times
MT, The Point in Leon Springs its a good start or go to the Block at UTSA
https://www.facebook.com/thepointpark
https://www.facebook.com/TheBlockSA

Old 11-17-2013, 05:45 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,861,079 times
I still haven't gotten a clear answer why food tastes better served from a truck.

Old 11-17-2013, 06:27 AM

30 posts, read 56,385 times
I would have bet money that Austin would be the #1 food truck town, or food trailer. Food truck and food trailer I assume is pretty much the same thing. Seems there's one food truck on nearly every corner in Austin, and lots of places around town, there's more than one food trailer on a corner, some places maybe half a dozen or more. I have a hard time believing San Antonio or any other town for that matter, has more food trailers than Austin.

Old 11-17-2013, 06:30 AM

161 posts, read 227,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Old To Care View Post
I would have bet money that Austin would be the #1 food truck town, or food trailer. Food truck and food trailer I assume is pretty much the same thing. Seems there's one food truck on nearly every corner in Austin, and lots of places around town, there's more than one food trailer on a corner, some places maybe half a dozen or more. I have a hard time believing San Antonio or any other town for that matter, has more food trailers than Austin.
Austin DOES have way more food trucks. The article is about which city would be best to START one in.

Old 11-17-2013, 03:04 PM

2,068 posts, read 5,966,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I still haven't gotten a clear answer why food tastes better served from a truck.
Did anyone say it tastes better? And is this some sort of contest? If you don't care for food trucks, fine, you don't have to like them, but this is not some sort of brick and mortar vs truck contest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio