Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 09:10 AM

20 posts, read 50,282 times

Advertisements

We're headed out for a camping trip Oct. 10 I made reservations at Potters Creek camp ground. Has anyone been there? If so what did you think about the park?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2008, 09:23 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,991,553 times
Tell me more!! Where is it?

Old 09-19-2008, 11:34 AM

20 posts, read 50,282 times
It's between San Antonio and Austin. It is located on Cannon Lake. The park is owned by the Army Corps of Engineers. The site are $18.00 a night. The reviews I have read are all postive.

Old 09-20-2008, 09:08 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,774,439 times
That's Canyon Lake in Comal Co. It's a great place to tube/kayak depending on the lake leval. Go in to Sattler for your cooking supplies ect.they also have a laundry mat.

Old 09-22-2008, 12:18 AM

87 posts, read 294,843 times
I've been to Potters Creek once, it's a really nice place to camp. We had a covered patio for ourselves and we BBQed and made a campfire. The restrooms are really clean and they even have showers.

Old 09-25-2008, 08:36 PM

121 posts, read 488,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arthurx4 View Post
We're headed out for a camping trip Oct. 10 I made reservations at Potters Creek camp ground. Has anyone been there? If so what did you think about the park?
We went camping there about the beginning of July, great place, quiet, good water access. nicest bathrooms at any park. It's one of our favorite camping spots.

Old 02-14-2009, 04:33 PM

1 posts, read 6,877 times
Default best spots to camp at Potters creek park?

I was wondering if anyone who has camped at potters creek park before could give me some advice. I am going to be camping at Potters Creek Park in march and wanted to know the best spots for camping there. I will be camping in my tent. Should I get a spot far away from the restroom so its not too loud. Are their tent spots that have a lot of shade? I will be bringing my dog with me. Is this a great place to bring pets? I will probably bring my canoe also.

Old 03-17-2009, 10:32 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,991,553 times
We're headed to Potters creek end of the month. Took a ride out there last weekend just to see the spot we got. It's not the best but looks like I was lucky to get it. There are no RV sites left for that weekend. There is actually water in the lake! We are die hard Medina lake people because it's so close but this could be a start of something new for us. We may even take the kayaks.

Anyone else going to be there then?

Old 03-17-2009, 10:50 AM

3,111 posts, read 9,205,361 times
Which weekend are you going to be there? I may just have to check this park out, it sounds nice.

I am VERY tied up in softball right now and probably won't have a free weekend until June .

Old 03-17-2009, 10:56 AM

3,111 posts, read 9,205,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
We're headed to Potters creek end of the month. Took a ride out there last weekend just to see the spot we got. It's not the best but looks like I was lucky to get it. There are no RV sites left for that weekend. There is actually water in the lake! We are die hard Medina lake people because it's so close but this could be a start of something new for us. We may even take the kayaks.

Anyone else going to be there then?
One more thing. You say you checked out your site, do they assign sites? I thought usually they pick your site when you get there.

Also, I went to Pop's Place the other day to check out the river (Medina lake). There isn't much water at all!!! I'm sure you could still kayak at Liebold's park but no way I could get my boat there (and its even a jet drive).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio