U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 01:53 PM

13,805 posts, read 18,364,066 times
I personally have never had an issue with Carino's. Their food has always been great and the service was always attentive.
I've been to both the 1604/Bandera and 151/410 ones in the past three months, but I don't go during peak hours, that might help..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2008, 02:33 PM

354 posts, read 931,103 times
Wow I used to work at a resturaunt- now that I think about it, I must have been pretty bad. I didnt realize people will get upset enough to complain about it online.

Old 01-06-2008, 03:22 PM
Status: "joined in 2014 ...knows first class flyer. ..hmmm" (set 5 days ago)

13,587 posts, read 21,245,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slaleman View Post
OK...I'm going to piggyback on this thread to complain about Carino's. The last three times we've been, our service has been horrible. Two of the times were at the one on Bandera (which we have since decided we're never going to again), and so last night, since we've boycotted that one, we decided to hit the one at 151/410. We had horrible service there as well! It's like we're cursed or something. It took forever just to get our drinks ordered (but at least the guy apologized for the wait and took our food order at the same time). When our food came, I was less than impressed with my entree...the skillitini...I've had it before but last night it seemed like it was all spaghetti and no other stuff (sausage, shrimp, peppers, onions). To make it worse, our waiter NEVER stopped by our table once our food had been delivered to see if everything was OK or if we needed anything else. I sat through the entire diner with an empty beer glass.

Maybe it was an off night at that one, but we're seriously thinking about not going back there...Olive Garden would seem like a better choice at this point!

It seems like the service got bad when the chain changed from being Johnny Carino's to just Carino's. Has anyone else noticed a difference, or are we, as I mentioned before, just cursed?
Some friends from work and I (about 20 of us) went to the Carino's on Bandera just before Christmas, in the evening. Service and food were both pretty bad. In fact, we were completely ignored during the "in-between" times, i.e. we got up and got our own oil and crispies--they had a bunch laid out on the buffet in our room, tea was nowhere to be found, the drinkers got really peeved--who lets a drinker's wine glass or cocktail go unfilled? We didn't complain because we were enjoying each other's company "off the clock" but that's just another place at the Bandera/1604 interchange that gets scratched off my list. Maybe if their food was at least decent.......

Old 01-06-2008, 10:02 PM

87 posts, read 187,285 times
I've never had good service at any restruant off 410 and 151. I wonder what is going on?

Old 02-21-2008, 11:02 PM

13,805 posts, read 18,364,066 times
I went to the 151/410 BWW tonight and it was actually enjoyable. I think they were reading this and maybe fired all the bad people finally.. The place was pretty busy because it was boneless wing Thursday and the Spurs were on, but the waitress did a good job of keeping up and all orders were correct and very tasty.
It was my wife's first time there and she said the classic wings were the best she's ever had. I still prefer the mango habanero..

almost forgot to mention the outstanding onion rings. I had never had them before, but I will from now on. They're not cheap, but I don't mind paying money for good quality.

Last edited by rd2007; 02-21-2008 at 11:36 PM..

Old 02-21-2008, 11:12 PM

957 posts, read 2,370,030 times
I feel your pain hun, but you're venting to the wrong people. Unless you let management or corporate know about your situation, there's no way to have it rectified. I have had bad service at Carino's, Olive Garden, and believe it or not Starbucks. If it's really a bad experience, which it sounds like yours was, I will go to their website and find the "contact us" link to simply write about what happened. The problem is people like that continue to work there b/c usually no one takes the time to let mgmt know how **** poor their service is. Not only will you be doing them a service, I can almost guarantee you they will attempt to remedy the problem by sending you some sort of gift card, etc.

Old 02-22-2008, 11:04 AM

126 posts, read 232,548 times
Carinos (when it was Johnny Carinos).....the one on 1604 and Blanco.

We decided to try it out on a friends recommendation. OMG! I could hardly palete the food. The silverware was dirty and the service just meh.
My dinner vegetable were driping in oil, my son, who was 3 at the time couldn't even eat the food. He loves broccoli, but he actually said that the broccoli there was "nasty" It was, rubbery and greasy. This was after I asked for it to be lightly steamed.
Nothing else was very good either.

I will never subject myself to that kind of chain, substandard food again. I am shocked people like it and eat there.
I would of written a note of dis-satisfaction, but the last thing in the world I wanted was any kind of free meal

Old 02-22-2008, 11:29 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $84,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

14,425 posts, read 20,523,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitmommy View Post
Carinos (when it was Johnny Carinos).....the one on 1604 and Blanco.

We decided to try it out on a friends recommendation. OMG! I could hardly palete the food.

I will never subject myself to that kind of chain, substandard food again. I am shocked people like it and eat there.

I would of written a note of dis-satisfaction, but the last thing in the world I wanted was any kind of free meal
Sorry to hear that you've sworn off Carino's. That description is about 180 degrees from the experiences my family has had there, and we've been to 4 different locations. We consider Carino's to be one of the most dependably good chain Italian restaurants we've ever been to. We like it much, much better than Olive Garden. Maybe you caught them on a bad night?

Old 02-22-2008, 12:37 PM

1,857 posts, read 4,664,528 times
Paka,
I love BWW, I have been to that location a couple of times and never had great service... but never that bad either. Just so so. I would consider giving it another try if you liked the food. I personally LOVE IT. I have never had Wing Stop, so maybe I'll give that a try.

Old 02-22-2008, 01:00 PM

225 posts, read 605,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarie123 View Post
Paka,
I love BWW, I have been to that location a couple of times and never had great service... but never that bad either. Just so so. I would consider giving it another try if you liked the food. I personally LOVE IT. I have never had Wing Stop, so maybe I'll give that a try.
Hmmm... Wing Stop. They are sooo good but expensive. I love endulging on the wings at BWW when they're on special. I've never had bad service there either, but then again I go during lunch on weekdays, so the working crowd is always there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio