Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 10:17 PM

7 posts, read 11,981 times

Advertisements

thanks....which is nicer ya think....the henderson pass area or the area at the 1604 and bandera rd ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2013, 07:34 AM

9,843 posts, read 13,613,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilF View Post
thanks that is so helpful, I was actually considering a place right at the intersection of blanco and churchill,....thats a 2 1/2 miles from the airport...is the plane noise really bad in that area?
I have spent a bit of time at Hardberger Park and Walker Ranch Park which both have pretty consistent airplane noise. Granted, I am outside for a reason so it does get a bit annoying. They do pass quickly, but if you're in the middle of a conversation it does get so loud that you'll have to wait for them to pass. Some areas near the airport do fall under a noise abatement rule so they are a bit more insulated from the noise inside. I have never been in a home that falls under these rules, though.

Quote:
thanks....which is nicer ya think....the henderson pass area or the area at the 1604 and bandera rd ?
The Bandera road area is one of the fastest growing parts of the city and one of the most congested as well. The Henderson Pass area can get congested at times as well but if I had a choice i would choose the Henderson Pass area.

Old 11-28-2013, 09:04 AM

7,005 posts, read 12,430,587 times
I lived near Henderson pass for a few years and liked it. I had to travel to Bandera Rd a couple of times this past year and all I could think is that I would hate to deal with that traffic everyday.

Old 11-28-2013, 09:11 AM

3,216 posts, read 8,528,096 times
Quote:
thanks that is so helpful, I was actually considering a place right at the intersection of blanco and churchill,....thats a 2 1/2 miles from the airport...is the plane noise really bad in that area?
You are right in the main approach flight path, incoming aircraft have their wheels down and are about 30 seconds from touchdown. For me, yeah, it's too much noise.

I've only lived in one of the three areas you are looking at (Thousand Oaks area), so I can only recommend that

Old 11-28-2013, 11:44 AM

156 posts, read 403,319 times
Quote:
I'm considering a place at henderson pass near thousand oaks...is that a decent area?
theres some apts on henderson and gold canyon that are nice.freeway and shopping close

Old 11-29-2013, 11:38 PM

7 posts, read 11,981 times
thanks all who posted replies....very helpful

Old 12-01-2013, 02:53 PM

15 posts, read 28,193 times
Yes, blanco/ Churchill is very noisy. Can't talk on the phone when an airplane flies over! I too would suggest Henderson pass/ Thousand Oaks area!

Old 12-04-2013, 11:18 PM

176 posts, read 355,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pobre View Post
Actually, we lived in the Jones Maltsburger/Thousand Oaks area for 9 years (Whisper Hollow), and airport noise is negligent. If you look at a map of the runways, they form a V....that area is right in the middle, so airplanes actually are headed away from it. Now, if you look at the Blanco/Churchill area, you are right in the flight path.
Actually, Nacodogches from MacArthur View to N New Braunfels, Harry Wurzbach and Urban Crest down Rockhill is the WORST. In fact, Northwood Elementry redid their windows to double pane back in the 90's because of it.

I used to live on Rockhill back in the 80's and it was run way central.

Look at the Spring Valley Estates area over by Nacodogches between O'Connor and Judson roads no noise from them airplanes in that area.

Stahl Road, and Jung, Classen area is nice as well.

Your right about the Blanco Churchill area.

We live off Nacodogches and we can't go outside and have a phone conversation without the airplanes buzzing around us.

Old 12-09-2013, 11:37 AM

1,721 posts, read 1,622,427 times
Quote:
Yes it is bad. I lived at the Landera apts located at that intersection and I couldn't hear my tv when the planes went over. I could see them from my upstairs balcony. Very noisy indeed, but a lovely area to live.

Old 12-09-2013, 12:17 PM

2,649 posts, read 7,416,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLiveCassettes View Post
Actually, Nacodogches from MacArthur View to N New Braunfels, Harry Wurzbach and Urban Crest down Rockhill is the WORST. In fact, Northwood Elementry redid their windows to double pane back in the 90's because of it.

I used to live on Rockhill back in the 80's and it was run way central.

Look at the Spring Valley Estates area over by Nacodogches between O'Connor and Judson roads no noise from them airplanes in that area.

Stahl Road, and Jung, Classen area is nice as well.

Your right about the Blanco Churchill area.

We live off Nacodogches and we can't go outside and have a phone conversation without the airplanes buzzing around us.
The airport has changed the flight pattern since then, planes have to take a rapid ascent, descent over northwood now, and/ or use a different pattern to NW or NC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio