U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2013, 10:10 AM

4,274 posts, read 6,629,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTx View Post
Where are you a cop currently?
SAPD, if I remember correctly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2013, 10:19 AM

5,622 posts, read 6,404,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
SAPD, if I remember correctly.
Thank you. I wasn't sure.

Old 12-06-2013, 01:51 PM

1,007 posts, read 1,211,110 times
I am not SAPD.

What the guy says flat out doesnt pass the sniff test. I dont expect people who are not cops to understand why. If he was a cop, he would certainly understand.

Old 12-06-2013, 02:06 PM

Well if you want to avoid answering my question. That's fine. It just makes it easier for me to not take your word every time you post about LEO related issues.

Old 12-06-2013, 02:21 PM

6,999 posts, read 10,235,462 times
While I don't always agree with Neshomamench, I don't ever divulge who I'm currently working for on public forums. I especially would not reveal which government agency I'm working for.

Old 12-06-2013, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L210 View Post
While I don't always agree with Neshomamench, I don't ever divulge who I'm currently working for on public forums. I especially would not reveal which government agency I'm working for.
That is fine. I can accept that L210...however...those being allegedly LEO on this board want us (or expect us) to believe their advice is what we should all follow and act like all others being non-LEO are giving incorrect, untruthful, or bad advice. That part I don't agree with.

Old 12-06-2013, 05:45 PM

5,239 posts, read 6,739,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neshomamench View Post
Where were you a cop?

Are you actually telling us that you were once a cop and casually let a Title 18 violation slide...even though you freely admit they should not be wearing a badge? Cops live and breath Title 18.

If that is true, then you are as much the problem as anything about the system you dont like.

You may have been a cop...and if you were then you will especially understand why what you just said doesnt pass the "sniff test."
These were two officers in a marked unit. I felt their conduct was that of unprofessional overzealous rookies. I was a cop in a suburb of a large city. I was not an officer when they stopped me. After that I was in the military. I'm a disabled vet and because I had no video of the incident when they stopped me, I didn't pursue it. And this was before all cruisers had dash cams. You want to color me as part of the problem but you know as well as I do what would have become of my complaint without a video. I'm not a liar on the internet or in real life. I'm not questioning your being an officer but you are questioning my ethics and past position. I was trying to contribute positively in past posts in this thread regarding body cams and stressing the difficulty of the job. I will not argue with you on this thread nor will I resort to insinuating anything derogatory about you. If you choose to not believe anything I say, that's your choice. I don't come to CD for this kind of stuff, some do, but I don't.

Posters please move forward with the thread topic.

Old 12-06-2013, 06:45 PM

4,274 posts, read 6,629,033 times
Quote:
I am not SAPD.

What the guy says flat out doesnt pass the sniff test. I dont expect people who are not cops to understand why. If he was a cop, he would certainly understand.
Oh! Oops! Sorry about that.

Old 12-07-2013, 08:03 AM

1,007 posts, read 1,211,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
These were two officers in a marked unit. I felt their conduct was that of unprofessional overzealous rookies. I was a cop in a suburb of a large city. I was not an officer when they stopped me. After that I was in the military. I'm a disabled vet and because I had no video of the incident when they stopped me, I didn't pursue it. And this was before all cruisers had dash cams. You want to color me as part of the problem but you know as well as I do what would have become of my complaint without a video. I'm not a liar on the internet or in real life. I'm not questioning your being an officer but you are questioning my ethics and past position. I was trying to contribute positively in past posts in this thread regarding body cams and stressing the difficulty of the job. I will not argue with you on this thread nor will I resort to insinuating anything derogatory about you. If you choose to not believe anything I say, that's your choice. I don't come to CD for this kind of stuff, some do, but I don't.

Posters please move forward with the thread topic.
I am questioning how someone who was a cop would not know that a title 18 issue would be a federal issue thus making what the local agency would do not really an issue.

Old 12-07-2013, 10:05 AM

874 posts, read 1,156,824 times
Quote:
Yes. (it is a cop expression) "We do what we do and the courts QC our work."

It may sound flippant to some but it does express how the system works. A lot of people just dont understand that the police (in general) DO NOT have to be right. The Police have to be able to articulate why the actions they took rise to the necessary evidentiary standards. They must articulate these beliefs under oath, risking their honor, jobs, pensions and freedom.
Flippant? More like cavalier to me. When I see a BCSO Deputy blow through a school zone (at a time when it is active) at ten miles over the normal speed limit (much less the school zone speed) and yammering away on their cell phone...that tells me that what you said is absolutely true. There is no attempt to QC themselves. Who would stop them from doing what they do? Another officer? Perhaps, but seldom do we see such a thing. The standards need to be adhered to by all. If that is done, then then fewer will have any questions about credibility. When I was in the military we "policed" our own and those that were out of line were punished, sometimes heavily for infractions that would seem innocuous in other institutions. As a result, our military is universally held in high regard. If law enforcement agencies did the same, perhaps there wouldn't be so many doubts. Is law enforcing hard, frustrating, often thankless? Absolutely. Is any of that an excuse for confusing authority with privilege? Absolutely not.

Last edited by Rustybolt; 12-07-2013 at 10:06 AM.. Reason: typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio