Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2013, 12:53 PM

2 posts, read 4,620 times

Advertisements

I am a single mom with three kids , and I have been researching for six months to find the perfect small town to move us to. I'm currently in Michigan and things just sent getting any better here, I want to take the kids away from the city. I grew up in the country with horses and miss the lifestyle dearly. Now we come to the.difficult part. The last ten years or so all the work I have done has been administrative and I want to get away from that. However I'm not sure how best to go about making contacts in Bandera, and finding employment before I move down there. The employment websites and classifieds haven't been much help. I can't afford the instability of moving down there with three kids without employment lined up. Please anyone with any suggestions I would be very grateful. Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2013, 03:23 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,143,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessy_marie View Post
I am a single mom with three kids , and I have been researching for six months to find the perfect small town to move us to. I'm currently in Michigan and things just sent getting any better here, I want to take the kids away from the city. I grew up in the country with horses and miss the lifestyle dearly. Now we come to the.difficult part. The last ten years or so all the work I have done has been administrative and I want to get away from that. However I'm not sure how best to go about making contacts in Bandera, and finding employment before I move down there. The employment websites and classifieds haven't been much help. I can't afford the instability of moving down there with three kids without employment lined up. Please anyone with any suggestions I would be very grateful. Thank you

Well, first off, welcome to Texas (in advance).

What kind of work do you do?

The Chamber of Commerce (830-796-328) might be able to steer you toward businesses that need help.
Also, the two newspapers will have help-wanted ads.
Bandera Bulletin (The Bandera Bulletin: The Cowboy Capital of the World)
Bandera County Courier (Bandera Texas Headline News)

If nothing else, there are a lot of "guest ranches" (dude ranches) in the area that might need help - especially if you're comfortable around horses.

Old 12-02-2013, 03:32 PM

2 posts, read 4,620 times
Thank you very much. I already tried the local papers but I didn't think to call the chamber of commerce. As to what kind of work I do...like I said I have been doing administrative assistant work for over ten years, but I would love to work on a ranch with horses or farm. I have also been interested in working at a bed and breakfast or a small town bookstore, or even a diner ( if that actually could pay the bills)! I am just tired of the cold office atmosphere. I really want to enjoy my job.

Old 12-02-2013, 03:42 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,143,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessy_marie View Post
Thank you very much. I already tried the local papers but I didn't think to call the chamber of commerce. As to what kind of work I do...like I said I have been doing administrative assistant work for over ten years, but I would love to work on a ranch with horses or farm. I have also been interested in working at a bed and breakfast or a small town bookstore, or even a diner ( if that actually could pay the bills)! I am just tired of the cold office atmosphere. I really want to enjoy my job.
You're welcome. I'm sure the guest ranches need someone to care for the horses and lead the trail rides, and maybe pitch in on other guest activities, or even as a housekeeper and/or cook. And you could pick up extra hours doing some admin work when the admin person is on vacation or out sick.

Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio