U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2008, 07:26 PM

8,400 posts, read 20,107,503 times

Advertisements

Not even sure if there is any officers housing on Lackland. I think there is still some on the old Kelly AFB (now known as Port San Antonio), but you can check on this web site. If you are going to be here for a full assignment (now 4 years, right?), you probably would do better to buy than rent. Right now it is a buyer's market, and there is a huge selection available. I know a good realtor if you need someone, PM me...

Cheers! M2
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2008, 07:24 AM

3 posts, read 9,655 times
Default Moving to San Antonio

My husband and I moved here to San Antonio last summer, and we have liked it here. However, we just got out of the military and we our moving again. The reason why I am responding to your post is because I have a brand new house (well, besides the few months we lived in it) for rent (or sale). It's in a really great and safe neighborhood - that's something that is extremely important to me. It's a beautiful home, (we will miss it) and the rent we are asking is less than the BAH. Also, it is 10 miles from Lackland.

I would love to see it occupied by a military family, but whether or not you're interested, I would be more than happy to answer any questions you have about the area or Lackland AFB

Old 02-01-2008, 09:34 AM

3 posts, read 9,655 times
I meant we "are" not "our" moving again - oops. Anyway, let me know how I can help you. I have gotten pretty familiar with the city so if you have any questions, I can probably help you find the answers.

It's a nice city with a lot to do, so I'm certain you will enjoy being here.

Old 02-01-2008, 11:59 AM

1,805 posts, read 4,350,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanor Rigby View Post
I am in awe at how many TLAs (three letter acronymns) that were in that one post, M2. That's impressive.

I tell my friends in the military that they learned another language that I am clueless about!

LOL...
your MAP (most appropriate post) was OTB (on the button) as far as I'm concerned.....

Old 03-11-2008, 05:51 AM

5 posts, read 22,328 times
Hey do you still have your house for rent? It might be rented by the time I get there but I am due to PCS there in August. If you still have it or its not occupied can you give me the specs on it.Sq. footage, bdrms, age etc.
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chic*ami View Post
My husband and I moved here to San Antonio last summer, and we have liked it here. However, we just got out of the military and we our moving again. The reason why I am responding to your post is because I have a brand new house (well, besides the few months we lived in it) for rent (or sale). It's in a really great and safe neighborhood - that's something that is extremely important to me. It's a beautiful home, (we will miss it) and the rent we are asking is less than the BAH. Also, it is 10 miles from Lackland.

I would love to see it occupied by a military family, but whether or not you're interested, I would be more than happy to answer any questions you have about the area or Lackland AFB

Old 03-12-2008, 09:26 AM

2 posts, read 8,479 times
I bought a beatiful house in NE side. I have a 7 years old daughter, and She will be going to hardy Oak. We lliked San Antonio so much. Only probl;em is I have to drive everyday over 30 miles from stone Oak to LAckland......

Old 03-12-2008, 06:50 PM

923 posts, read 2,773,524 times
I am planning to spend next winter in the San Antonio area. Can anyone help me with
info about a furnished condo in a safe and lively area. Within an hour of the city would
be fine. I am a professional, single, older women !!! WOW !! did I say that !!! ????

Old 06-11-2008, 07:42 PM

4 posts, read 10,261 times
Unhappy I Am Moveing There And Scared

Can You Tell Me What It Like There And What The Home Payments Or Rent Is Like I Have 2dogs And A 16 Old Boy And Never Been There And What Is The Amount You Would Like And Can You Send Me Photos If You Also Have Any Good Advise Pls Tell Me Ty Dawn
Quote:
Originally Posted by chic*ami View Post
my Husband And I Moved Here To San Antonio Last Summer, And We Have Liked It Here. However, We Just Got Out Of The Military And We Our Moving Again. The Reason Why I Am Responding To Your Post Is Because I Have A Brand New House (well, Besides The Few Months We Lived In It) For Rent (or Sale). It's In A Really Great And Safe Neighborhood - That's Something That Is Extremely Important To Me. It's A Beautiful Home, (we Will Miss It) And The Rent We Are Asking Is Less Than The Bah. Also, It Is 10 Miles From Lackland.

i Would Love To See It Occupied By A Military Family, But Whether Or Not You're Interested, I Would Be More Than Happy To Answer Any Questions You Have About The Area Or Lackland Afb

Old 06-11-2008, 07:46 PM

Unhappy I Am Moveing There And Scared

CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT IS LIKE THERE AND WHAT IS THE RENTS AND PAYMENTS AND WHAT R U ASKING FOR IT AND SEND ME PHOTOS AND I HAVE 16 OLD SON AND 2 DOGS I AM A LITTLE SCARED I NEVER BEEN TO TEXAS AND I WOULD LIKE IF YOU HAVE ANY GOOD ADVICE FOR ME AND I THANK YOU DAWN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chic*ami View Post

Old 06-11-2008, 07:51 PM

Can You Tell Me What Its Like And Tell Me What You Are Asking For Rent Of R Home And Any Good Advice Ty Dawn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or