Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 12:25 PM

4,323 posts, read 7,228,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortuga29 View Post
I've never seen or heard of a gas dryer, here in SA but I could be mistaken.
They actually are fairly common here, at least in single-family homes that use natural gas for other appliances. Haven't seen gas dryer hookups in apartments, though.

I have a gas dryer in my home here in San Antonio. It was in stock at the local store when I bought it at Lowes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2013, 01:34 PM

581 posts, read 1,187,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ged_782 View Post
They actually are fairly common here, at least in single-family homes that use natural gas for other appliances. Haven't seen gas dryer hookups in apartments, though.

I have a gas dryer in my home here in San Antonio. It was in stock at the local store when I bought it at Lowes.

Interesting. Good to know. My current home is fairly new, less than 3 yrs old, and has all electric appliances. Although, my last rental home had gas stove but electric dryer connections.

Old 12-30-2013, 02:35 PM

7,005 posts, read 12,471,290 times
Most apartment complexes have a community laundry facility. A washer/dryer hookup/connection means just that. If the apartment complex actually offered the appliances, they wouldn't hesitate to advertise it. Renting appliances to your tenants does not mean "included." "Included" means that it is automatically in the unit without you electing to pay more on your rent. There are a few companies you can rent from too. It's possible that the apartment complex doesn't even own the appliances they are renting to you. They could be acting as the middleman between a company. A washer/dryer hookup is a bonus. A washer/dryer included in the unit is an even bigger bonus. I love my washer/dryer hookup, and I definitely do not live in a high-end complex. Washer/dryer hookups/connections are offered at many affordable places, and they are actually just the hookups. Don't assume that hookup or connection means included at most complexes because it doesn't.

I don't plan to move every year, so it's not a big deal. When I do move, I hire someone to move stuff for me. It's not that expensive unless you have a lot of stuff. I don't see how this is any different from moving in a big screen tv or couch. I've never heard of apartment complexes being bothered by tenants moving in large items. I bought a used washer/dryer set for $300 plush $50 for the guy to deliver it. So far, the set has lasted almost 2 years. I would have spent much more than $350 if I had rented. I hate using laundry facilities. Sometimes, all of the machines are taken, and you often don't find out the machines are broken until you already put your quarters and clothes in them. By the way, my dryer is electric.

Last edited by L210; 12-30-2013 at 02:52 PM..

Old 12-30-2013, 02:47 PM

4,307 posts, read 9,552,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tortuga29 View Post
I've never seen or heard of a gas dryer, here in SA but I could be mistaken.
Very common and preferred, for their energy efficiency. CPS offered rebates for them for a time, though they may not now. Apartment complexes may not have them, as it's easier to set up electric. But they're common here.

Old 12-31-2013, 10:11 AM

2,260 posts, read 5,614,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
lemme put it this way

MOST apartments dont have w/d connections unless it's a "higher end" complex

and when they do offer these amenities the actual appliances are included
We saw lots of w/d hookups at all price points when we were looking at apartments a few years ago. We definitely weren't looking at higher end apartments. We did have our own w/d that we purchased after we moved in to the apartment.

Basically, if you want to buy your w/d, you can find an apartment with hookups. If you don't, you can find one with the w/d included.

Old 01-01-2014, 04:37 PM

7 posts, read 14,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jons_wifey View Post
we have rented washers and dryers from Warehouse Appliance Washer and Dryer Rental | Appliance Rentals - Appliance Warehouse of America and currently from Azuma Washer and Dryer Rentals / Appliance Rentals - AZUMA Leasing $40 for both, monthly.
i feel much better with the 60$ washer i got from craigslist then.

add in 10$ in adapters and my apt with no washer connections suddenly has one.

only problem is drying :\
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio