U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 09:26 AM

1,510 posts, read 1,546,018 times

Advertisements

More:

Bautista was released from prison on Oct. 29. He had completed his full six-year sentence after pleading no contest to an aggravated robbery in 2007 in which authorities said he violently attacked a man with a crowbar.
For the complete story, go to ExpressNews.com: Documents: '07 crowbar attack preceded park slaying.

Suspect in park slaying had lengthy criminal record - San Antonio Express-News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2014, 09:32 AM

6,878 posts, read 18,179,034 times
Would love to find out more information about this psycho from his roommate. I'd also like to know why the he*l he bought him a "military style combat" knife for Christmas. What an idiot.

Old 01-09-2014, 09:36 AM

5,623 posts, read 6,408,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Would love to find out more information about this psycho from his roommate. I'd also like to know why the he*l he bought him a "military style combat" knife for Christmas. What an idiot.
Maybe the roommate didn't know who he really was. Doesn'tmake him an idiot if that is the case.

The REAL idiot here is the guy that committed the crime.

Old 01-09-2014, 10:11 AM

3,742 posts, read 3,842,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTx View Post
Maybe the roommate didn't know who he really was. Doesn'tmake him an idiot if that is the case.

What about ICE?

They knew he wasn't suppose to be here and he was a violent criminal but he just got let back into the public???

Quote:
A spokeswoman with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement said "ICE has no immigration enforcement jurisdiction with this individual."
Sources within the same department conceded that Bautista's immigration status has been "up in the air" in the past. It is unclear how long he was in ICE's custody

Old 01-09-2014, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTx View Post

Did you read the article?

Old 01-09-2014, 11:11 AM

5,623 posts, read 6,408,601 times
Quote:
Did you read the article?
Depends which article you are talking about.

Old 01-13-2014, 01:34 PM

1 posts, read 991 times
I believe the message that should be spread is that we all - men, women and children - need to be aware of our surroundings at all times regardless of where we are. In addition, it's important to receive self-defense training, the proper kind that will save lives, not just look good. I'm not talking about karate, kickboxing, MMA, etc. A type of self-defense that takes little muscle or stamina, is quick, will allow you to protect yourself as well as your loved ones around you and can be taught to and used by people of all ages, sizes, gender, handicapped, etc. A woman who is 5'1" and 100 pounds can be trained to not only prevent herself from being harmed by an attacker with a knife, but also ensure that he never tries to hurt another person again. It's an amazing form of training and we will be putting on a seminar for the City of San Antonio very soon and I will be sure to post the details. We have done seminars at universities and are hoping to branch out to high schools, junior high schools & large companies. In addition, we are going to begin training young children and women that have been rescued from the horrible world of human trafficking that is now so prevalent in San Antonio. Our mission is to raise awareness and inform people that we have the right to protect ourselves and it's possible to do so without the necessity of a concealed weapon. Please spread the word because the more people that get involved, the safer our city will be.

Old 01-13-2014, 07:38 PM

733 posts, read 863,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstxcop View Post

Here in San Antonio the Park Officers are their own department, not part of SAPD... The Park Officers here are considered non uniformed officers... They are looked down upon, get no respect... They don't get the same benefits as SAPD and they are far from the same pay scale, yet they carry the same credentials and are fully licensed Texas Peace Officers... They carry guns, tasers, asps, handcuffs ... They are real officers who don't get treated as such... It is so bad that a few years back McManus wanted to get rid of the Park Police all together saying that SAPD could take care of our parks... Who cares that SAPD is stretched so thin as it is...
city cops refer to them as 'city cop rejects', much like balcones heights PD and leon valley pd. you may think they do, but they really dont serve much of a role and are not a deterrent. the park police where i live do nothing but bust the same people every day.

not only that, but this might be in just my area, but the park cops could be outran by a fat guy like myself no problem. what im saying is, the park cops here are REALLY out of shape and if push came to shove, my fat self could easily outrun them.

police departments, no matter how big or small, REALLY need to crack down on weight/fitness issues. i know you have to be in-shape when you join, idk why they let you get all fat and bloated once you're hired...

Quote:

its none of your business. calling someone an idiot who had nothing to do with the slaying = the epitome of the word you just called someone.

Old 01-14-2014, 03:30 PM

3,929 posts, read 4,687,049 times
Self-defense training sounds like a good idea to me!

Old 01-14-2014, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KM1174 View Post
city cops refer to them as 'city cop rejects', much like balcones heights PD and leon valley pd. you may think they do, but they really dont serve much of a role and are not a deterrent. the park police where i live do nothing but bust the same people every day.

not only that, but this might be in just my area, but the park cops could be outran by a fat guy like myself no problem. what im saying is, the park cops here are REALLY out of shape and if push came to shove, my fat self could easily outrun them.

police departments, no matter how big or small, REALLY need to crack down on weight/fitness issues. i know you have to be in-shape when you join, idk why they let you get all fat and bloated once you're hired...

its none of your business. calling someone an idiot who had nothing to do with the slaying = the epitome of the word you just called someone.
It's "none of my business"?? ROTFL! Dude, it's everyone's business now. Get over yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio