U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 11:25 PM

3,669 posts, read 5,921,023 times

Advertisements

Leon Creek Greenway closes at sunset and no one should be in it after that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2014, 09:52 AM

1,420 posts, read 1,877,395 times
Question - do the gates of Leon Creek actually swing close at sunset? Anybody get trapped?

Old 01-20-2014, 10:39 AM

3,669 posts, read 5,921,023 times
There are no gates at the greenways but one can still receive a ticket. It is a Class C misdemeanor to violate the park curfew.

Old 01-20-2014, 10:41 AM

2,067 posts, read 5,322,119 times
Not to change the subject Merovee, but looking at your status, what is SA's original 36?

TIA

Old 01-20-2014, 11:47 AM

937 posts, read 2,163,366 times
doesn't a ski mask cover the neck? and how would she see the tattoo on the neck late at night unless she happened to be directly under the lamp post. It's not okay for women to go jogging alone at night, leave that to the guys.

Old 01-20-2014, 11:52 AM

4,277 posts, read 6,662,937 times
Some sub-standard ski masks don't cover the neck. The person'a sweater is supposed to do that.

Old 01-20-2014, 11:54 AM

501 posts, read 838,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
While it is hit or miss, with the addition of the park and greenway right there it has brought in more families into the area. That specific pocket of the city is quite a bit different than it was even 7 years ago. I don't think I would feel unsafe jogging in the area (that's me, though and my parents live across the way in Tanglewood). If I were in the market for a house I would consider it as an option with its proximity to the greenway, actually. But, again, like i said in my first post running at 10 in the evening is a silly choice no matter what.
I absolutely agree. When I was in Oxbow last week I noticed that it is starting to look a lot more clean than it used to. The housing prices in Oxbow/Babcock north are great, especially compared to Tanglewood. Ironically, Tanglewood seems to be getting a bad wrap too. I had about 4 clients last year tell me that they want to avoid tanglewood at all costs. I am not sure why though..

Old 01-20-2014, 08:20 PM

6,198 posts, read 8,668,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshardin View Post
I absolutely agree. When I was in Oxbow last week I noticed that it is starting to look a lot more clean than it used to. The housing prices in Oxbow/Babcock north are great, especially compared to Tanglewood. Ironically, Tanglewood seems to be getting a bad wrap too. I had about 4 clients last year tell me that they want to avoid tanglewood at all costs. I am not sure why though..
There are a few streets that are just a bit seedy with some not great families. Just like Oxbow it is pocket-y. There have been quite a few foreclosures in the last few years and many of the homes are home to renters. Some are fabulous, though. It also backs up to the industrial park that is across from Wal-Mart. It gets very noisy at times with just noise, there's no way to describe it. I am not sure how it compared to Oxbow in foreclosures, but I see a new one at least once every 6 months. In addition the kids go to Boone, whereas the Oxbow kids go to Carnahaan, which is brand new. I feel like Oxbow may even go to Stinson and Brandeis whereas Tanglewood goes to Rawlinson and Clark. But I could be wrong about that.

But that's completely off topic, Tanglewood is very close to the scene in question and again, I would never be there after about 7:45 in the summer and even 5:45 in the winter.

Old 01-22-2014, 07:35 AM

733 posts, read 868,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilGar View Post
Blame the Victim?

I find it in disbelief that one has to gear her life for fear of others.
hittin the sauce? i find it hard to believe people are defending her time to go out running. yes she is not 100% at fault, but some part of the fault DOES lie with her, as she made the decision to run, ALONE, after dark. crime happens EVERYWHERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
The source of the problem is the attacker, not the victim. The attacker is the one that needs to adjust his/her behavior, not the victim. Any moron with common sense realizes this.
WRONG.

running after dark ALWAYS carries risks, no matter what neighborhood you live in! victim may not be 100% to blame, but some of the blame DOES fall down on her since she made the decision to jog after dark, a time when attacks are far more likely to occur.

ps - the amount of white knighting in this thread... LOL!

Old 01-22-2014, 08:38 AM

874 posts, read 1,166,086 times
KM1174, you can't be serious. With your logic, women in short skirts are to blame for being raped. This was a criminal act perpetrated on an innocent person. Her choice of when to go for a jog will never be on trial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or