U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 01:55 PM

486 posts, read 868,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dastexan View Post
I wish Mexican nationals would actually heed this advice to be perfectly honest.
That's funny... if you read many of the SA forums you'll see people complaining about nasty San Antonians being rude when driving and shopping, going to restaurants, to other neighbors, etc. Unless you believe they are all Mexicans, then you would see that they are actually acting the same as many locals.

But also, aren't we generalizing a little bit too much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2014, 10:57 PM

342 posts, read 328,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amexicano View Post
That's funny... if you read many of the SA forums you'll see people complaining about nasty San Antonians being rude when driving and shopping, going to restaurants, to other neighbors, etc. Unless you believe they are all Mexicans, then you would see that they are actually acting the same as many locals.

But also, aren't we generalizing a little bit too much?

Probably but after working in retail a while back and having a wife who worked in it for 10 years (at least on the North sides), the Mexican Nationals are far and away the worst people in the stores.

Just taking it from personal experience.

Old 01-28-2014, 09:21 AM

837 posts, read 2,576,177 times
I think you are generalizing too much with Mexicans.

In my experience as tourist in San Antonio the mexican customer is treated very poorly compared to how it is treated in Houston or Dallas.

Myself prefer to go to Dallas where options and customer treatment are superior.

Old 01-28-2014, 09:25 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,302,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexguy View Post
I think you are generalizing too much with Mexicans.

In my experience as tourist in San Antonio the mexican customer is treated very poorly compared to how it is treated in Houston or Dallas.

Myself prefer to go to Dallas where options and customer treatment are superior to those of San Antonio.

Well, sorry you feel that way, but this thread is about the proposed high-speed rail from San Antonio to Monterrey, not about the attitude of shoppers.

Old 01-29-2014, 08:58 AM

702 posts, read 608,007 times
High speed rail from San Antonio to Austin, please. Why the hell would I want to ride a train to Mexico?

Old 01-29-2014, 02:09 PM

4,194 posts, read 3,058,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spursrock View Post
I'd love to see one from here to New Orleans Vegas LA New York etc.
There is already a rail line from here to New Orleans. Sunset Limited - the Train between Louisiana and California through Texas, New Mexico and Arizona | Amtrak

Of course, it leaves at 6:20AM on Tuesdays, Fridays, and Sundays, and it takes 15 hours to get to NO.

You could drive to NO in 8 hours, and leave whenever you please.

Old 01-29-2014, 02:10 PM

4,194 posts, read 3,058,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastexan View Post
Probably but after working in retail a while back and having a wife who worked in it for 10 years (at least on the North sides), the Mexican Nationals are far and away the worst people in the stores.

Just taking it from personal experience.
Also from personal experiences, they're quite rude to local shoppers.

Old 02-02-2014, 07:59 AM

20 posts, read 31,011 times
Monterrey is far from the second most beautiful city in it's own state, let alone Mexico as a country in general. And yes people from Monterrey are annoying. The Stone Oak area is filled with a lot of them. Also as a side note, a lot of People from Monterrey find it a lot cheaper to live here than in Monterrey. There are lots of people from Monterrey living on a dime (illegal I may add) but it is cheaper to pay a rent here and get free school than paying for private school in Monterrey (same cost). They choose that area to mingle with the rich crowd; they don't realize everyone is as broke as well. That is why so many restaurants and business close in the Stone Oak area; all hat no cattle. Fast rail between Austin and San Antonio would be far better.

Last edited by maracuya68; 02-02-2014 at 08:09 AM..

Old 02-03-2014, 05:33 PM

3,669 posts, read 5,896,659 times
There is a reason Monterrey has been a prosperous city. Perhaps it is because of the Crypto-Jews who settled Nuevo Leon? In either case their GDP is greater than ours as a city and most likely greater than Austin's as well.

Unsure what other cities could be nominated as Mexico's second most beautiful? Perhaps Guanajuato or Monclova but it has always been Monterrey second in line after Guadalajara.

Old 02-03-2014, 08:40 PM

425 posts, read 513,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maracuya68 View Post
Monterrey is far from the second most beautiful city in it's own state, let alone Mexico as a country in general. And yes people from Monterrey are annoying. The Stone Oak area is filled with a lot of them. Also as a side note, a lot of People from Monterrey find it a lot cheaper to live here than in Monterrey. There are lots of people from Monterrey living on a dime (illegal I may add) but it is cheaper to pay a rent here and get free school than paying for private school in Monterrey (same cost). They choose that area to mingle with the rich crowd; they don't realize everyone is as broke as well. That is why so many restaurants and business close in the Stone Oak area; all hat no cattle. Fast rail between Austin and San Antonio would be far better.
How clever of you to also throw in your petty cheap shots at Stone Oak.
The restaurant business is a challenge no matter where you live in SA. Restaurants don't close simply because people are broke. Not even sure why I should bother addressing your post more than I just did. I'm not sure how anyone can take your post seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or