U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 07:38 AM

Location: 281 north of 1604 - otherwise known as traffic hell
450 posts, read 1,455,368 times

Advertisements

It says that it is for a single family residential development. how in the world do you read that this is Disney?

Old 06-09-2007, 11:17 AM

1,722 posts, read 1,643,626 times
Nope, not Disney.

Old 07-05-2007, 09:08 AM

85 posts, read 283,205 times
Wow! Word around town is that Disney is indeed coming our way. Boy, I sure hope so.

Old 07-05-2007, 09:28 AM
Rockin' The TriCities

n/a posts
This is truly the vampire of rumours. Every time you stake it in the heart, it comes roaring back, born on the wings of hearsay and totally unburdened by evidence.

Old 07-05-2007, 09:32 AM

1,722 posts, read 1,643,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabs1982 View Post
Wow! Word around town is that Disney is indeed coming our way. Boy, I sure hope so.
Word from whom and where?

Old 07-05-2007, 09:55 AM

Well, set aside from the talk all over town... a bunch of the radio stations have been talking about it, as well. Plus, if you look around the net, you'll see plenty of articles, etc. I don't know why people have their doubts about this. After all, SA is the perfect location for Disney-- it's central to Austin, Houston and all the surrounding areas. Not only that, but we need all the jobs we can get here, especially for the high school and college students out there.

Old 07-05-2007, 01:38 PM

380 posts, read 1,165,739 times
I'm curious why no one can post references. I looked on the net and all I found was rumors or a friend of a friend told my sister who blah blah blah

Old 07-05-2007, 01:57 PM

734 posts, read 2,733,141 times
Quote:
Well, set aside from the talk all over town... a bunch of the radio stations have been talking about it, as well. Plus, if you look around the net, you'll see plenty of articles, etc. I don't know why people have their doubts about this. After all, SA is the perfect location for Disney-- it's central to Austin, Houston and all the surrounding areas. Not only that, but we need all the jobs we can get here, especially for the high school and college students out there.
Yes that is why San Antonio should be chosen for Disney - we have High School and College students. We are also central to other cities. PERFECT! /sarcasm

If you look around the net and see plenty of articles, please post them. Until I see a notice from Disney themselves I highly doubt it.

I think it is what other people have been saying - it is part of their "Blue Sky" project. They are expanding their development to include Resort Hotels for families in areas that already see a lot of tourism. They could easily just build a Hotel and Waterpark - maybe a "Downtown Disney" type of thing, without doing the whole amusement park deal. I just don't them doing a full park.

Old 07-05-2007, 03:16 PM

Your sarcasm is not needed. Look, if you want to be nasty about something as innocent as Disney coming to town, that's fine. It's hard to understand, but fine.

Old 07-05-2007, 03:25 PM

734 posts, read 2,733,141 times
Quote:
Your sarcasm is not needed. Look, if you want to be nasty about something as innocent as Disney coming to town, that's fine. It's hard to understand, but fine.
Sorry - it must have been because I sat and read this whole thread from the first post and my brain was starting to numb. I thought that if I put my little sarcasm statement it would be read with more humor than meanness... guess not.

I am just reading on every single page people saying "It's coming!!! YAY!" and other people saying "References please?" Then there are no references except to vague statements about Disney blue sky projects. I just don't see why people who aren't in real estate, development, or the entertainment business think they know exactly what is best for a multi-million dollar company that is probably the most recognized name in the world.

I agree - that it would be great for here, but how are we different than any other city that has colleges and is near other large cities? I just think there are many other factors before they will decide to come here. I agree that this sounds like one of those rumor mill things - and even after all this someone will read the thread title and go tell their neighbor "Did you know that Disney might be coming to San Antonio?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or