U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 02-02-2007, 11:29 PM
210
 
Location: san antonio - 210
1,722 posts, read 1,643,878 times
Reputation: 235

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursfan View Post
Its actually a completely different organization building it. It just always bothered me that all those people protested when a golf course would be ten times better for the environment than thousands of houses that could be easily built there. And the fact that there is no credible proof that it would affect the aquifer in the first place. It basically comes down to southsiders sticking it to those rich white people from the northside.
Yes it is a different organization building the resort, however, PGA Tours is a lot better and more legit (in terms of PGA status) than the PGA of America which would have been part of the PGA Village.

The PGA Tour Resort is going to fantastic and ten times better than what would have become of the PGA of America's PGA Village.

One last thing, why do you say "southsiders" when you talk about people opposing the PGA Village.

It wasn't southsiders, it was COPS/Metro Alliance and Save Our Aquifer that opposed the PGA Village. Why the southside or south siders are lumped in with those groups is disturbing.

 
Old 02-02-2007, 11:31 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
898 posts, read 2,272,676 times
Reputation: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
Yes it is a different organization building the resort, however, PGA Tours is a lot better and more legit (in terms of PGA status) than the PGA of America which would have been part of the PGA Village.

The PGA Tour Resort is going to fantastic and ten times better than what would have become of the PGA of America's PGA Village.
Well thats good to hear. I was under the impression that PGA Village was a better organization.
 
Old 02-10-2007, 09:32 PM
 
11 posts, read 28,748 times
Reputation: 14
Default Something to further support the Disney land-buy rumor

Some of the "niche resorts and attractions" mentioned make the possiblity of Disney buying land here a little more believable...

http://online.wsj.com/public/article...f_main_tff_top
 
Old 02-10-2007, 09:43 PM
 
11 posts, read 28,748 times
Reputation: 14
Smile And we are a tourist draw....

"Disney is thinking about developing major "flagship" hotels -- such as the Disney Grand Floridian at Walt Disney World -- or themed hotels that could be built in large cities that already are tourist draws"

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busin...,5603094.story
 
Old 02-11-2007, 06:00 AM
 
Location: Lytle area
116 posts, read 428,966 times
Reputation: 55
This has gone public finally... heard a blurb on the radio yesterday morning.
 
Old 02-11-2007, 06:47 AM
 
Location: Sarasota, Florida
251 posts, read 969,224 times
Reputation: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOregon View Post
This has gone public finally... heard a blurb on the radio yesterday morning.
What has gone public? Cause there is nothing on the wire as of this morning, and a Google news search of disney san antonio comes up with nothing recent.
 
Old 02-11-2007, 10:17 AM
 
Location: with the vatos in SA
283 posts, read 1,723,039 times
Reputation: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
Yes it is a different organization building the resort, however, PGA Tours is a lot better and more legit (in terms of PGA status) than the PGA of America which would have been part of the PGA Village.

The PGA Tour Resort is going to fantastic and ten times better than what would have become of the PGA of America's PGA Village.

One last thing, why do you say "southsiders" when you talk about people opposing the PGA Village.

It wasn't southsiders, it was COPS/Metro Alliance and Save Our Aquifer that opposed the PGA Village. Why the southside or south siders are lumped in with those groups is disturbing.
When you see people protesting growth who always is the majority?

People from the southside.

"It's not fair...the North side gets everythinggggggggggggggg."
 
Old 02-11-2007, 03:49 PM
210
 
Location: san antonio - 210
1,722 posts, read 1,643,878 times
Reputation: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0vemberHAWK View Post
When you see people protesting growth who always is the majority?

People from the southside.

"It's not fair...the North side gets everythinggggggggggggggg."
Um, that's not the argument at all. The arguments are always tax related or building over the aquifer.

Unless you can backup your claim with anything other than your computer keyboard, your claims are false.
 
Old 02-11-2007, 04:06 PM
210
 
Location: san antonio - 210
1,722 posts, read 1,643,878 times
Reputation: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOregon View Post
This has gone public finally... heard a blurb on the radio yesterday morning.


Sorry. Over use of smileys.
 
Old 03-26-2007, 10:51 AM
 
1 posts, read 2,144 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
Um, that's not the argument at all. The arguments are always tax related or building over the aquifer.

Unless you can backup your claim with anything other than your computer keyboard, your claims are false.
Why did the PGA tour resort (Marriott) get approval and the PGA village not? Is it because the PGA village had plenty of cities to choose from (Las Vegas). Is the Marriott environmentally better than a PGA owned facility? We will get a TPC course which is great, but not the amenities from the village that from my understanding would make SA a better "world class" golf destination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:01 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top