Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2008, 05:19 AM

1,510 posts, read 2,963,381 times

Advertisements

rd2007,

My parents have a couple of Welsh Corgies with allergies. The prescription meds the vet gave them worked, but not well enough to justify the cost. My dad found something called Dynovite online. It's a powder that is mixed with the dog food at each meal. It works better than anything else, and I think it's a bit cheaper too. I believe it's only available online, though. I'll see if I can get the name of the distributor they buy from...

--Dim

Old 02-26-2008, 07:52 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,819,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYr View Post
If you are looking for a reliable and honest vet office, I would recommend Dr. Graham (Potranco Vet Clinic). We have gone to her since she opened that office, and have never been dissatisfied. Her staff is also very kind and compassionate especially when you are dealing with a difficult time. **This is not a paid advertisement, just a very satisfied customer. Good luck with your new friend.
I guess I should have stated this upfront - she's our vet as well. We've been going there since we arrived 3 years ago. We did try the vet on Lackland as it's a little cheaper but I've found that the appts are too hard to get. More importantly they misdiagnosed a skin condition that one of my dogs has, something Dr. Graham spotted immediately, and confirmed through testing. I'll never use the base again.

Old 02-26-2008, 08:58 AM

1,241 posts, read 4,334,459 times
I hate to bring this up but it’s important for my fellow “Potranco West” people are in the know. We took my Siberian Husky to Potranco Vet office because she would not eat. Everything she would eat, she would throw right back up. The office did place her on a drip because of her weight and kept her overnight. They could not figure out what was wrong with her. They mentioned several ailments but could not give me an explanation. Several days went by and after I am assuming frustrated attempts to diagnose my poor dog, they came out and said, she finally had a good stool and sent us on our way. Now she looked better because of the drip but after a day she went back to her moping self so we took her back and again the same. The Dr. refused to do an X-Ray which would have found the problem. Turns out $1k later and we switched Vets to one in Stone Oak. In one hour, the Vet spotted something. Turns out and I have no idea how this happened my pup must have gotten bored and swallowed several stones that got lodged in her intestines. She was slowly starving. When the Potranco Vet found out, they gave us back. $500. To me, they should have given it all back less the charge for the IV but I left it at that considering a surgery later with less intestines our dog was back on her feet, as feisty as ever. I will never go back to that place again. She couldn’t have had a decent stool in the condition she was in. They straight out lied.

Old 02-26-2008, 10:22 AM

3,060 posts, read 7,423,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Greed View Post
I hate to bring this up but it’s important for my fellow “Potranco West” people are in the know. We took my Siberian Husky to Potranco Vet office because she would not eat. Everything she would eat, she would throw right back up. The office did place her on a drip because of her weight and kept her overnight. They could not figure out what was wrong with her. They mentioned several ailments but could not give me an explanation. Several days went by and after I am assuming frustrated attempts to diagnose my poor dog, they came out and said, she finally had a good stool and sent us on our way. Now she looked better because of the drip but after a day she went back to her moping self so we took her back and again the same. The Dr. refused to do an X-Ray which would have found the problem. Turns out $1k later and we switched Vets to one in Stone Oak. In one hour, the Vet spotted something. Turns out and I have no idea how this happened my pup must have gotten bored and swallowed several stones that got lodged in her intestines. She was slowly starving. When the Potranco Vet found out, they gave us back. $500. To me, they should have given it all back less the charge for the IV but I left it at that considering a surgery later with less intestines our dog was back on her feet, as feisty as ever. I will never go back to that place again. She couldn’t have had a decent stool in the condition she was in. They straight out lied.

That's terrible. I hope your pup recovers well.

Old 02-26-2008, 10:24 AM

1,241 posts, read 4,334,459 times
This was about 2 years ago and yes, she is great. We were amazed at how quickly she recovered. She looked like the RCA dog for a while though. The perscription food at Petsmart is awesome!!

Old 02-26-2008, 11:27 AM

Thumbs up Sips and More!!!

We finally got Stephanie and Darryl from Sips to agree to let the cat out of the bag! They're moving to the Texas Research Parkway, at Potranco and 211. Their new place is great, and we're very excited for them! They are currently working out the kinks in the contracts, as soon as that is done they'll open for business.

TRTF - Home

Google maps puts the locations 8 minutes apart!

I'll get more specifics on their new hours, etc soon, and of course let all of you know about it!

Old 02-26-2008, 12:57 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,453,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
We finally got Stephanie and Darryl from Sips to agree to let the cat out of the bag! They're moving to the Texas Research Parkway, at Potranco and 211. Their new place is great, and we're very excited for them! They are currently working out the kinks in the contracts, as soon as that is done they'll open for business.

TRTF - Home

Google maps puts the locations 8 minutes apart!

I'll get more specifics on their new hours, etc soon, and of course let all of you know about it!

Mummmmm.....I can ALMOST taste one of their FABULOUS tuna sandwiches now.....

Old 02-26-2008, 02:40 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,554,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
Heh! Disregard my dm to you about this. Sent it before I read this.

And I can't wait to try their tuna salad, too, Paka! Just got back from Jason's Deli, and their tuna melt was.......uuuuhhhh.....not so good. They put chopped egg it! Seemed weird to me. (Hope Sips doesn't do that! )

Old 02-26-2008, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Mummmmm.....I can ALMOST taste one of their FABULOUS tuna sandwiches now.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
Heh! Disregard my dm to you about this. Sent it before I read this.

And I can't wait to try their tuna salad, too, Paka! Just got back from Jason's Deli, and their tuna melt was.......uuuuhhhh.....not so good. They put chopped egg it! Seemed weird to me. (Hope Sips doesn't do that! )
Here's how lucky I am - for our birthdays (mine and Darryl (from Sips)), our ladies sent us camping to wherever we wanted. We hit Goose Island on Friday, and didn't come back until last night. BUT, while we were gone, Stephanie (from Sips) came over to the house and stayed with my wife and girls, and they had a little girlie weekend while the boys were away - pancakes, movies, nails, the whole bit. My kids had a blast! I think everyone is a lot less stressed after a weekend like that!

Darryl and I talked at length about the growth of our businesses, and the area we're both lucky to be in - we can't wait until the rest of Potranco explodes! Business for everyone!

Old 02-26-2008, 03:24 PM

226 posts, read 865,696 times
I'm just sad that Costco is not coming to this side of town... yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio