Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2007, 11:39 AM

55 posts, read 246,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malone View Post
In defense of Wok Inn. My husband eats there all the time and I go with him when I can. We ALWAYS have good service, the lady at the counter is very friendly and the waitress even knows what we are drinking when she takes our glasses to re-fill them. We have never had a bad experience there. The best waitress they had no longer works there but the replacement waitress isn't bad.
Thanks for the compliment! Everyday is a new challenge for us. We know things can't be perfect all the time, but we want to make sure everything rolls out as smooth as possible.

wok inn

Old 05-23-2007, 06:24 PM

422 posts, read 1,450,325 times
I've noticed the land behind and next to the Valero on Potranco and 1604 has been cleared. I think the strip mall there is a strategic place for a nail saloon.

Old 05-23-2007, 10:51 PM
NYr

44 posts, read 149,270 times
No kidding! I could just scream thinking about another nail salon opening. Why can't someone open up a Marble Slab or Cold Stone? By the way, does anyone else think that the new Burger King is going to be extremely small? They should have selected a bigger location.

Old 05-23-2007, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYr View Post
No kidding! I could just scream thinking about another nail salon opening. Why can't someone open up a Marble Slab or Cold Stone? By the way, does anyone else think that the new Burger King is going to be extremely small? They should have selected a bigger location.

Marble Slab was suppose to go in at the Plazas at Potranco but that deal fell through. Anticpate a Marble slab going near the new theater. The Burger King will not have a playground, hence the small size. I had this same discussion with the owner of the Burger King, considering the price of the land and price of other location around the Potranco area, he got a great deal!

Old 05-24-2007, 07:46 AM

Plus it's kinda close to that side street. The drive through will be strapped for space.

Old 05-24-2007, 08:15 AM

This is off the Santiko's web site. Wonder if that's what it's really going to look like?

http://www.santikos.com/images/GRANADA_day.jpg (broken link)
http://www.santikos.com/images/GRANADA_NIGHT2.jpg (broken link)

Old 05-24-2007, 10:11 AM

75 posts, read 362,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wokinn View Post
We have not recieved any notices from any Credit card companies or our Credit card processors.

raven69david, did all these cardholders make transaction at Wok Inn only???

Wok Inn

The people i have heard from have all purchased items from wok inn, specifically the potranco location. The charge on the debit card has the name of the company but has the location listed casterville in another state. Note: it's not castroville, texas but some other town in a different state; just wanted to make that perfectly clear.

Any information you can shed on this would be great. I am personally not involved in this. I've just heard from a few people that this has happened to and i believe an email is going around businesses warning/advising of this. It may be related to the merchant services, but that's just a guess.

EDIT:

The coworker this happened to had purchases at Subway and other places which either had bogus addresses for the merchant or were addresses in another state.

Bottom line, always check your banking activity online and dispute anything you do not recognize. That's why banks have the online banking services for their customers.

Last edited by raven69david; 05-24-2007 at 10:28 AM..

Old 05-24-2007, 10:31 AM

77 posts, read 93,376 times
Does anyone know about the progress on the Granada? All I see is the construction trailer that has been there for some time (it has graffiti on it now). Maybe they are clearing back behind the tree line so you can't see it from 1604 very good. The Santikos website says it will open in the fall, but I can't see that happening.

Old 05-24-2007, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmypfc View Post
Does anyone know about the progress on the Granada? All I see is the construction trailer that has been there for some time (it has graffiti on it now). Maybe they are clearing back behind the tree line so you can't see it from 1604 very good. The Santikos website says it will open in the fall, but I can't see that happening.
Too much money was pumped into the Legacy and Palladium, a good guess is trying to recoup some captial to open the Granda.

Old 05-25-2007, 07:47 AM

14 posts, read 52,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wokinn View Post
Too much money was pumped into the Legacy and Palladium, a good guess is trying to recoup some captial to open the Granda.
They want it to build there since 2005 but the County has always find something to delay its construction(main problem is elevation of the land)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio