Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2007, 07:06 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,447,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by passitup View Post
It seems like Madison's will be the same old thing a far as strip malls. Why can't we get at least a Famous Footwear, SAS, or Shoe Pavilion instead of a Payless? I guess the same reason we get a WalMart instead of a SteinMart.
Yea, wait until Alamo Ranch opens up and they understand when they see the $$$ flocking into it that EVERYONE missed a golden opportunity to beat that grouping of big names by opening in this area sooner. I REALLY think there is BIG $$ to be had if only someone dove in first. If they opened a Steinmart in this area, I think it would be the busiest they had in town!!!

Old 10-21-2007, 07:55 PM
NYr

44 posts, read 149,270 times
Hang on everyone, a COLD front is coming! HOORAY!!!!!!!! RD2007, I guess I missed the "Freddie's" post awhile back, probably because I had never heard of them before. Lately I've been hearing their commercials on the radio, so I guess it finally sunk in.

I do believe that the Alamo Ranch shopping area will have some nice stores to visit, as well as some better sit down restaurants. Why won't someone please build a soup and salad place??? I finally visited a Panerra Bread when I was back home in NY this summer, and it was so good. I wish we had one of those over here.

Okay, I better go get my hat and mittens ready for this week and some carrots for my snowman's nose. Stay warm and remember Starbucks has their pumpkin spice lattes now.

Old 10-21-2007, 08:40 PM

131 posts, read 378,883 times
NYr, they actually just a Panera Bread off of Basse near the quarry. Wish they would open one in our neck of the woods.

Old 10-22-2007, 05:49 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,447,523 times
We stopped by Panera on the way to the Meet and Greet for lunch on Saturday...the line was out the door!!!! You would THINK that they would get the message that Paneras are needed in all areas in town...I can only pray that they get the message.

The poor cashier was SERIOUSLY stressed...I think that anyone dealing with the "line out the door consistantly" can only take so much! Hopefully the owner (one of which I spoke to the first weekend they were open) will take my advice and scoop up an area here near Portanco and 1604 to spread their wares...I think that they would find it one of the highest grossing locations EVER given the lack of quality establishments currently available in this area!!!!

Old 10-23-2007, 09:51 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,421,762 times
Default McD's - by Sea World

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
mmmh, salad bar sounds good right now... grrrrrr, but nothing is around here that serves that. drat!

I have a funny story about employees licking things.. I was at a fast food place and the girl was filling up the cup and overflowed it a little. she automatically put it up to her mouth to sip off the excess and then walked towards me.. I just looked at her and said "I don't think so.." hopefully she just brain farted and didn't do that all the time..
rd, that story reminded me of our last trip to McD's, by Sea World...We usually avoid this one, but for some reason ended up there. After placing our order, we were standing and waiting, and watched a lady in the kitchen, nearest the customer area, pick up her apron and wipe her nose on it and then keep working. No gloves, no sanitizer, no nuthin. Seriously gross!

Old 10-24-2007, 09:47 AM

1,241 posts, read 4,333,332 times
That McD is notorious for stuff like that.

Anyone know if Chili's pulled out? I thought they were going to go up next to TCs.

I find it so cool that as I am driving out of the drive thru for TCs I glance over and see several groups of people sitting outside enjoying the sunset and a margarita.

Old 10-24-2007, 04:39 PM

4,147 posts, read 7,999,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Greed View Post
That McD is notorious for stuff like that.

Anyone know if Chili's pulled out? I thought they were going to go up next to TCs.

I find it so cool that as I am driving out of the drive thru for TCs I glance over and see several groups of people sitting outside enjoying the sunset and a margarita.
Would it make sense to have a chillies there since there is one Culebra?

Old 10-24-2007, 05:21 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
Would it make sense to have a chillies there since there is one Culebra?
Well, good luck if you do get one. The Chili's at Culebra absolutely sucks. The food and service are not good at all, so when we want Chili's we drive a little further on down to Bandera.

Old 10-25-2007, 03:26 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,382,068 times
I haven't had a problem with that Chili's, except for a corporate policy I don't like.. Not sure if all stores enforce it, but that one did. Seems they say you have to be 21 or older to drink, even if your parents are buying and say it's ok (that's Texas law there) and they also will not cook any meat below medium; I like my meat still a little cold and bloody...

Old 10-25-2007, 05:36 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times
I order my steak medium-rare, and they did it for me. Do you just mean hamburger meat? I won't eat my burgers pink, but steaks, YES!! But both times I've had steak there, it was odd, to say the least. Can you say "steak parts"--it seemed like it was all pressed together, not like ground meat, but indescribably so. Gross. It has never been like that at the Bandera location (or any other Chili's I've eaten ribeye at.--and yes, they make a pretty good ribeye.)

Re the drinking thing, I can sort of understand their reluctance to serve minors even though Texas law states otherwise. I just wish they would cut some of the grown-ups off a little earlier than they do, and it would be great if they could keep their own bartenders from sampling the product. I guess that it is an industry problem, not just a Chili's problem. OK, done spewing......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio