U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2008, 07:07 PM

732 posts, read 3,368,175 times

Advertisements

On the weekend i saw a puppy lying dead in the middle of Potranco. It looked like a german shepard mix. So sad...... I don't understand people that don't care for their pets....

Old 02-14-2008, 08:19 PM

56 posts, read 153,811 times
Default Potranco Automotive

Quote:
Originally Posted by djw View Post
I like Potranco Automotive, but I don't think they're open weekends. And it seems they've really grown in the last year or so - harder to get "appointments".
They are outside 1604 just past where Sips used to be.
We've used Potranco Auto for several issues and they have always been very courteous to us. This summer they quoted me over $700 to repair my speedometer and I later got it fixed at a dealer for just over $400. . . so I had grown a little apprehensive. Glad to hear that many of you think so highly of them. . . maybe it was an isolated thing.

Old 02-14-2008, 10:38 PM

218 posts, read 248,525 times
Is this the shopping center Sips is opening in?

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 03-21-2008 at 06:15 PM.. Reason: copyright infringement - post link instead

Old 02-14-2008, 10:40 PM

3,060 posts, read 6,747,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelangelosa View Post
Is this the shopping center Sips is opening in?
Nope! I meant to ask them earlier - they were over for dinner. I'll ask tomorrow...

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 03-21-2008 at 06:16 PM.. Reason: copyright infringement - post link instead

Old 02-15-2008, 04:24 PM

1,276 posts, read 3,442,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midorigreen View Post
On the weekend i saw a puppy lying dead in the middle of Potranco. It looked like a german shepard mix. So sad...... I don't understand people that don't care for their pets....
I literally watched a car from my rear view mirror hit a puppy on Potranco one day. Guy didn't even try to slow down, didn't stop after he hit it, nothing. And no, there was barely any traffic as it was about 1030 in the morning in the middle of the week. So sad...

And right now we have a stray in our neighborhood and am not going to waste my time with ACS. I have called several times over the years and they have 24 hours to show up (and have taken as long as 48 hours for one dog we tied up to the house and it's not like they even had to run around trying to catch the dog). So I'm trying to befriend this dog to get a leash on her and take her there myself. I don't want to think about what would happen to her there, but it's the lesser of two evils: starve to death or get hit by a car, or have a few good meals hoping she gets adopted before she's euthanized. If I could keep her I would...she's very sweet, but timid. But I have 2 cats and a dog already.

Old 02-15-2008, 08:45 PM

2,216 posts, read 3,997,614 times
Are there any pet rescues/do not kill shelters around here? Just curious. We have many stray cats in the area. The people who lived here in the house before we did left their cats behind when they moved. Nice people!

Old 02-15-2008, 08:58 PM

64 posts, read 159,500 times
I've been amazed at the sheer number of stray/roaming cats/dogs since moving here a couple months ago. There are some rescues here, but I don't have any info on any cat ones. I sent an email offering to volunteer with a Golden Retriever rescue here since that's what I was involved with back home and they never replied! It's crazy.

Back to topic: any idea on when that Madison's Market is supposed to open? I keep looking forward to seeing new store signs put up, but it seems like progress stalled.

Old 02-15-2008, 09:28 PM

1,276 posts, read 3,442,763 times
I know the Humane Society is considered "adoption positive"...meaning they are getting away from using the term "no kill" anymore simply because there are times they have no choice but to euthanize. (i.e., sick animals that can't be treated, severly injured, etc.) But they take unsocial animals and have volunteers that work with them. There are tons of rescue groups around...but they are all at capacity too. For the Humane Society, you have to call in the mornings to see if they have an open pen and they are always at capacity. I also have heard of a feral cat coalition...they'll provide traps to trap feral cats and spay/neuter them and re-release them.

I really don't want to take this dog to ACS (if I can catch her) but I think that's better than the alternative (getting hit by a car).

Old 02-16-2008, 02:29 AM

13,807 posts, read 26,363,980 times
My wife was asking the same question (about Madison Market) the other night. That is definitely a strange shopping center and hopefully it doesn't die before it was ever born.

Old 02-16-2008, 07:37 AM

1,289 posts, read 3,346,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatotex97 View Post
Are there any pet rescues/do not kill shelters around here? Just curious. We have many stray cats in the area. The people who lived here in the house before we did left their cats behind when they moved. Nice people!
The Animal Defense League runs a no kill shelter.

Home - Animal Defense League (http://www.animaldefenseleague.org/ - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio