U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2008, 03:31 PM

3,468 posts, read 7,730,362 times

Advertisements

We're gonna head over there after a bit. My son's friend got a job there, so we wanna make sure we get there while he's working so that we can harrass him!! He's real impressed with it, says the sandwiches are really good and the ordering system makes it pretty easy.

Old 03-12-2008, 03:52 PM

7,628 posts, read 14,327,197 times
Just enjoyed 1/2 of my sandwich from Which Wich...I eat early!

1/2 was my supper...they are good and filling! Will be taking the other 1/2 to enjoy for lunch tomorrow!

Spoke to Carrie, one of the owners. Told her we thought the would NEVER open (she explained the issues, seems there were some issues with not enough electricity to that end of the building) but things are all taken care of, they are open and it is GOOOOODDDD! They seem very nice, the place was SPOTLESS and I think that they are going to be busier than they ever expected at this location! Open 7 days per week, 10a-10p. I think you would have to eat there about 45,000 different times to sample one of all the different combos you can put together using all the goodies they have to select from...and their toasted...I LOVE that!

Old 03-12-2008, 05:58 PM

Dang Paka, we musta jis missed you!! We did run in to gwrober and his lovely wife and adorable & helpful daughter, tho! Between my 5 kids that came and I we sampled quite a few different sandwiches, some cookies, and shakes. The shakes are great! They're real shakes, handmade ~ not out of a machine! But we didn't think the sandwiches were all the big/filling. Paka, even my two tiny little girls almost finished theirs! (And they had regular sized ones, not the kids' meal size. LOL!) You must have a tiny appetite! But what their sandwiches lack in girth, I think they make up for in quality. Very good!! Glad to have them around.

(And we had a lot of fun razzing the two neighbor boys that work there. hee hee!)

Old 03-12-2008, 06:18 PM

4,263 posts, read 9,685,998 times
Got a crab melt myself....mmmmmmmmm!!!

Old 03-12-2008, 06:30 PM

3,060 posts, read 6,724,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
Dang Paka, we musta jis missed you!! We did run in to gwrober and his lovely wife and adorable & helpful daughter, tho! **snip** But what their sandwiches lack in girth, I think they make up for in quality. Very good!! Glad to have them around.
I think that's the key! If you want massive amounts of ok food, DD's is next door! :P I was surprised at how friendly everyone was. The place was super clean, and the staff was very helpful to us newcomers. We did find ourselves amongst a lot of friends - we ran into quite a few people that we know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
Got a crab melt myself....mmmmmmmmm!!!
My next 5-10 trips are all seafood wiches....

Old 03-12-2008, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Dang Paka, we musta jis missed you!! We did run in to gwrober and his lovely wife and adorable & helpful daughter, tho! Between my 5 kids that came and I we sampled quite a few different sandwiches, some cookies, and shakes. The shakes are great! They're real shakes, handmade ~ not out of a machine! But we didn't think the sandwiches were all the big/filling. Paka, even my two tiny little girls almost finished theirs! (And they had regular sized ones, not the kids' meal size. LOL!) You must have a tiny appetite! But what their sandwiches lack in girth, I think they make up for in quality. Very good!! Glad to have them around.

(And we had a lot of fun razzing the two neighbor boys that work there. hee hee!)

Nah....I just marked the "extra meat" at the bottom and got a HUGE sandwich...best extra 75 cents I ever spent! Try it next time!

Old 03-12-2008, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Nah....I just marked the "extra meat" at the bottom and got a HUGE sandwich...best extra 75 cents I ever spent! Try it next time!
But the "extra meat" thing wouldn't work for me! Maybe I could ask them to put on more veggies, tho.... And yeah, my 17yos had the Wicked thingy. That was chock full of meat! (Of course he still managed to also polish off his cookie and large shake, along with several glasses of soda and the last coupla bites of his little sisters' sandwiches! Ya know how feeding a teenage boy is like throwing food down an bottomless pit!!)

Old 03-12-2008, 06:40 PM

Quote:
But the "extra meat" thing wouldn't work for me! Maybe I could ask them to put on more veggies, tho.... And yeah, my 17yos had the Wicked thingy. That was chock full of meat! (Of course he still managed to also polish off his cookie and large shake, along with several glasses of soda and the last coupla bites of his little sisters' sandwiches! Ya know how feeding a teenage boy is like throwing food down an bottomless pit!!)
Hey Jules, you can get extra cheese, meat, bacon or AVACADO on the bottom of your order bag for the extra 75 cents...do I hear a LOT of avacado calling out to you???? No wonder your a size 0 girl....you don't eat nothing!!!! (and you are FAR to high classed a lady to drink beer like the rest of us ordinary hicks!!!) LOL

Old 03-12-2008, 06:53 PM

3 posts, read 6,598 times
Just finished eating at Which Wich and the sandwiches were great. The manager was extremely helpful. The restaurant was very clean and well organized. They even have mellow yellow in the soda fountain, hard to find in Texas. I am very happy with this place as my experiences with Double Dave's next door were less than thrilling.

The Double Dave's here does not seem to be the same quality as the one in Austin on the drag. The dinning room is messy and the variety of the pizza leaves something to be desired. I do have to say that Double Dave's would be a great place to go to once the Spurs playoffs start since they have about a dozen beers on tap and several large televisions and that always makes the pizza "taste" better.

Old 03-12-2008, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Hey Jules, you can get extra cheese, meat, bacon or AVACADO on the bottom of your order bag for the extra 75 cents...do I hear a LOT of avacado calling out to you???? No wonder your a size 0 girl....you don't eat nothing!!!! (and you are FAR to high classed a lady to drink beer like the rest of us ordinary hicks!!!) LOL
Ha!!! As I sit here at my "log" table, with a beer (in a "koozie" no less!) beside me, and instead of swatting at skeeters, I'm brushin' my new dog's head off my lap! Yeah, that's classy!! LOL!! (And I can only wish I was a size 0! Or a 2 or a 4!! Then I could still fit in all the clothes that I bought a couple years ago. Working at a "desk" job for a year really did me in!) And oh, I EAT! I got the black bean sandwich WITH avocado and a ton of veggies. Oh, and did I mention the cookie and shake. <sheepish grin!>

Ya know, I was jis thinking about how gwrober said they ran in to quite a few people they knew there tonight. People who live "inside the loop" can bag on us "suburbanites" all they want. I really think that this area is it's own little community. Everywhere I go it's seems that I run into folks I know. We know our neighbors (for the most part) and look out for each other and help each other out. I like the way this little "community" that is the Potranco/1604 area is coming together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio