U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-14-2008, 09:09 PM
 
51 posts, read 158,872 times
Reputation: 57

Advertisements

all this talk about this sandwich place, wich wich - is that the name? I have never heard of it before finding this website.

Where exactly is it on potranco? I'm closer to the westoverhills/ culebra area. I can't wait to try it, all your descriptions sound delicious and it seems very reasonably price for the family to all go.

 
Old 03-14-2008, 09:31 PM
 
Location: 78245
51 posts, read 114,420 times
Reputation: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccermom2 View Post
all this talk about this sandwich place, wich wich - is that the name? I have never heard of it before finding this website.

Where exactly is it on potranco? I'm closer to the westoverhills/ culebra area. I can't wait to try it, all your descriptions sound delicious and it seems very reasonably price for the family to all go.
Which 'wich, in the HEB Plus shopping center. Next to Double Dave's who are at the very end.

This family is going Monday :-)
 
Old 03-14-2008, 10:46 PM
 
3,060 posts, read 6,745,216 times
Reputation: 1253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
OK...I had the Cuban (soooooo good) and DH had the Chicken Cordon Blue...we both LOVED them and again, could only eat half (secret is to get the extra meat added) so our 18 yr old will have some good groceries to polish off when he gets home from work tonite. (and 18 yr old boys can eat, can't they?)

Got to meet Chris (co-owner), and I am glad to see that everything is going so well for the new location.

He had some GREAT news as we wer chatting...they will soon have a online ordering system in place! Once up (he expected in May) you will be able to go to their site, order, pay for it & tell them what time you want to pick it up,and then just duck in and get it! HOW AWESOME IS THAT???

I am all about convenience and I think this will make them even MORE appealing (is that possible??)

Service was good, folks friendly and place was spotless...life is good!
Online ordering is awesome when dealing with companies that have employees with poor attitudes (pizza places, are you listening?!) - I actually have friendly interactions at WW and Papa M's, so I look forward to going and ordering!
 
Old 03-14-2008, 10:51 PM
 
Location: Wiesbaden, Germany
13,807 posts, read 26,355,404 times
Reputation: 3989
I went there tonight and business seemed to be good. I had the gyro on white and it was very good, especially the sauce. My wife and daughter had the club on white and and I had a taste of theirs and it was nowhere near as good as mine. Then again I don't like boring sandwiches.. The only issue we really had was the pickle spear... 75 cents is a wee bit extreme for one little spear and my daughter pointed out that the menu lists it as plural. There was definitely only one and it wasn't a 75 cent spear either... We also found that it was easy to get the prices up, especially when a certain someone orders a sandwich, large shake, chips, and pickle spear.. I think I'll skip the malt next time, even though it was really good.
 
Old 03-14-2008, 10:53 PM
 
3,468 posts, read 7,753,491 times
Reputation: 1604
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
Online ordering is awesome when dealing with companies that have employees with poor attitudes (pizza places, are you listening?!) - I actually have friendly interactions at WW and Papa M's, so I look forward to going and ordering!
heh heh! Ya want a really fun game? Take about 4 young teenage girls with ya when you go order at Papa Murphy's! LOL!!! Watchin' those guys try and concentrate on the order is kinda hysterical!!
 
Old 03-14-2008, 10:54 PM
 
3,468 posts, read 7,753,491 times
Reputation: 1604
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I went there tonight and business seemed to be good. I had the gyro on white and it was very good, especially the sauce. My wife and daughter had the club on white and and I had a taste of theirs and it was nowhere near as good as mine. Then again I don't like boring sandwiches.. The only issue we really had was the pickle spear... 75 cents is a wee bit extreme for one little spear and my daughter pointed out that the menu lists it as plural. There was definitely only one and it wasn't a 75 cent spear either... We also found that it was easy to get the prices up, especially when a certain someone orders a sandwich, large shake, chips, and pickle spear.. I think I'll skip the malt next time, even though it was really good.
No hair???
 
Old 03-14-2008, 11:02 PM
 
Location: Wiesbaden, Germany
13,807 posts, read 26,355,404 times
Reputation: 3989
ha ha, you know I was looking for it, but fortunately no hair at all. the people inside were really nice and helpful too. The pregnant one explained the process and a blonde woman continued explaining/fixing our mistakes and rang us up.
 
Old 03-14-2008, 11:05 PM
 
3,060 posts, read 6,745,216 times
Reputation: 1253
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
heh heh! Ya want a really fun game? Take about 4 young teenage girls with ya when you go order at Papa Murphy's! LOL!!! Watchin' those guys try and concentrate on the order is kinda hysterical!!
hehehe...I can imagine - it drives me crazy taking my 13-looks-16 daughter out. Makes me want to carry a stun gun!!!


 
Old 03-14-2008, 11:15 PM
 
3,060 posts, read 6,745,216 times
Reputation: 1253
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
Honestly, that would really be fun! Get workin' on it, oh gawd of the fishing trips!! (Jis make sure that it's a campground that has hot showers and electricity please! LOL! Our little pop-up has neither.)
I think we're going to cruise the different campgrounds at Medina while we're out tomorrow, and see what's available.
 
Old 03-14-2008, 11:17 PM
 
3,468 posts, read 7,753,491 times
Reputation: 1604
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
I think we're going to cruise the different campgrounds at Medina while we're out tomorrow, and see what's available.
Cool plan! And while you're cruisin' the campgrounds, we'll be eatin' fish tacos and seeing the best band in the whole wide world up in Austin!!!!!

Seriously - we do appreciate your hard work and research efforts!! A camping trip is much needed!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top