Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2007, 12:44 PM

55 posts, read 246,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
It is interesting that the new strip mall on Dugas and Potranco hasn't even finished and the first store is a nail place! So far, the ONLY strip mall on Potranco that is full is the one with Little Cesar's Pizza in it. I wonder how many stores will be filled at the Potranco and Loop 1604 strip mall. They have been working on it for a long time...probably because they have no tenants yet, so there is no hurry to finish it. Also, now another strip mall was started across from the Walmart Supercenter being built outside Loop 1604 and Potranco.
Well the Dugas and Potranco will take some time. Its a great location, the develpoers did a very good job finishing out the interor for their tenants. however i think a lot of potential tenants are hesitant due to the high rent and possiblity of finding a better location near 1604. Even though the litte Cesars center is the only fully occupied center on Potranco, it could quite easliy be the emptiest within the next few years. The developers should have recessed the center further back and put additional parking spots, then it would have been a great center. I just find it hard for anyone except little ceasers to survive in the long run!

wok inn

Old 02-17-2007, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navshirereeve View Post
Well you never now. Potranco could become the next Marbach Rd. Hope that doesnt happen but it might.
Are you worried about the area getting sour? I wouldnt worry about any of that right now. It will be a great area for at least 10 years. The housing market in this area is pretty good. But I do believe a lot of inital business will get hurt in the short run. Too many people trying to compete at the same time.

wok inn

Old 02-17-2007, 12:53 PM

116 posts, read 472,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wokinn View Post
Hey folks

Let me know if yall have any questions about the Plaza on Potranco.

wok inn
Delivery all week would be nice. We had a hankering for Chinese the other night but were told delivery only on certain days. Lots of people in the Villages of Westcreek, would be nice if we could get Chinese delivery whenever, instead of only at limited times!

Old 02-18-2007, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOregon View Post
Delivery all week would be nice. We had a hankering for Chinese the other night but were told delivery only on certain days. Lots of people in the Villages of Westcreek, would be nice if we could get Chinese delivery whenever, instead of only at limited times!
you must have us confused with another restaurant. We have never done or attempted a delivery service. We understand there is a demand for delivery, unfortunetly our concept was not design to incorporate a delivery system. As a business minded individual I would love to offer a delivery service, but the changes could sacrafice the quality of our product and more importantly customer service. On average we may get 4-5 phone inquiries PER WEEK about delivery service. Thats not enough for us to pull the trigger just yet....

wok inn

Old 02-18-2007, 10:04 AM

144 posts, read 686,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wokinn View Post
you must have us confused with another restaurant. We have never done or attempted a delivery service. We understand there is a demand for delivery, unfortunetly our concept was not design to incorporate a delivery system. As a business minded individual I would love to offer a delivery service, but the changes could sacrafice the quality of our product and more importantly customer service. On average we may get 4-5 phone inquiries PER WEEK about delivery service. Thats not enough for us to pull the trigger just yet....

wok inn
I've been a Grissom Wokinn customer since about 92 and like your new concept on Potranco. Question? though apon my first "wokinn" experience, it felt like I was in a PEIWEI. Did you build you potranco site to resemble PEIWEI, because everthing is the same. Just wondering

Old 02-18-2007, 10:06 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,026,845 times
Wink gotcha covered maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOregon View Post
Have you tried Wok on Wheels on Grissom Road? I asked them where they deliver to, and it seemed like they covered the whole Northwest side! 680-1515 I believe is their number. Hope they can make it out to you!

Old 02-18-2007, 06:13 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,668,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbleweeds View Post
3 car wash locations & 3 nail/hair salon spots at the HEB Plus! immediate area - wow!! I think that says a lot about our sense of vanity as a society...
I went over to HEB Plus today on Potranco and indeed, there is two nail & spa stores in the strip mall. I have never seen this before in one strip mall, and HEB's mall is not even half filled!

Old 02-18-2007, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockheed1 View Post
I've been a Grissom Wokinn customer since about 92 and like your new concept on Potranco. Question? though apon my first "wokinn" experience, it felt like I was in a PEIWEI. Did you build you potranco site to resemble PEIWEI, because everthing is the same. Just wondering
First of all lockheed1 thank you for being a long time customer. We appreciate your business!

Our archictect was responsible for the design and layout of the store, we are happy with the look and design after construction, however we do regret it resembles the Pei Wei concept. In addition, the Wok Inn concept has been around since 1985, we have not changed the way we execute our systems. Hopefully we will have another opportunity for growth within the next year or two and we will have a more distinct yet functional and attractive design and layout for future stores.

thanks again for eating at Wok Inn

wok inn

Old 02-18-2007, 07:58 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,026,845 times
We have been long-time customers of Wok Inn also! There are just some nights when delivery is the best option, and pizza gets old rather quickly! In fact, I only popped into Wok on Wheels when I thought (very briefly!) about getting a part-time job in the evenings. When they told me how huge their delivery area was, I lost interest.

The Wednesday night buffet at Wok Inn is da bomb! It's the smallest buffet selection of anywhere I've ever been, but the food is always fresh and delicious! We are happy for you that your business is growing! (And thanks for doing your part to make sure SA makes the top ten in the fattest cities list!)

Old 02-19-2007, 07:56 AM

116 posts, read 472,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Have you tried Wok on Wheels on Grissom Road? I asked them where they deliver to, and it seemed like they covered the whole Northwest side! 680-1515 I believe is their number. Hope they can make it out to you!
I guess that must be the one I was thinking of, sorry WokInn for confusing the two, but you gotta admit it's easy to do
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio