Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 07:51 AM

2,392 posts, read 9,617,126 times

Advertisements

Hey steelman I saw a commmercial from HEB saying that it will open next week. My HEB over here on De Zavala and 10 is starting to change the shelves and some ads have a new name on them, De Zavala Market

Old 10-28-2006, 04:56 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,621,921 times
Default HEB Plus Gas Station Now Open

Today (Saturday), I saw that the new HEB Plus gas station is now open and selling gas for $1.99 a gallon. Of course the Texaco across the street and the Valero at Loop 1604 and Potranco are also now selling gas for $1.99. Isn't competition great?! Brings tears to my eyes when I remember gas station wars when I was a teenager. There would be four different stations at one intersection...each of them selling gas for 16 cents a gallon! Ahhh...nothing like the smell of a gas war!

Old 10-29-2006, 11:14 PM

75 posts, read 360,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
Today (Saturday), I saw that the new HEB Plus gas station is now open and selling gas for $1.99 a gallon. Of course the Texaco across the street and the Valero at Loop 1604 and Potranco are also now selling gas for $1.99. Isn't competition great?! Brings tears to my eyes when I remember gas station wars when I was a teenager. There would be four different stations at one intersection...each of them selling gas for 16 cents a gallon! Ahhh...nothing like the smell of a gas war!
I live across the street from the new HEB on potranco and rousseau. As if all of the developers haven't whored out the entire Sea World area enough, now the traffic from HEB will make matters even worse. I'm glad to have an HEB so close by, but the traffic is gonna be murder. It's bad enough with all of the traffic on potranco from all of the new subdivisions outside of 1604 on potranco. So much overdevelopment in the area that it's just not even funny. I moved across the street from Sea World in 98 to be away from the city and not pay city taxes. 2 or 3 years later we're annexxed (taxation without representation) and now our once beautiful modestly developed area has been raped with just about every home builder alive today. The area has basically gone to tihs. Getting out of your own subdivision later than 7am almost guarantees a 15 minute drive will take you at least 45 minutes (if you're lucky) to complete.

Was that a rant?

P.S.
Someone post up if you hear of a Wing Stop being built in the area.

Old 11-04-2006, 09:09 AM
r&s

2 posts, read 7,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raven69david View Post
I'm glad to have an HEB so close by, but the traffic is gonna be murder. It's bad enough with all of the traffic on potranco from all of the new subdivisions outside of 1604 on potranco. So much overdevelopment in the area that it's just not even funny..... Getting out of your own subdivision later than 7am almost guarantees a 15 minute drive will take you at least 45 minutes (if you're lucky) to complete.
I agree! We live across from the new Wal-Mart development area. Three years ago this was a quiet area with fields and tree's. Now, due to the new developments and Wal-Mart construction, we have horrible traffic and the sound of development every day. I guess it's progress. (I have to admit I do like the new HEB being so close)

Old 11-06-2006, 06:48 PM

260 posts, read 1,140,631 times
Default There will be a Super Target 1 minute from Alamo Ranch

Hey Miss...

To answer your question, a member here wrote about this a week or so ago, but there is going to be a Super Target as well as a Costco, Old Navy, JC Pennys, and much more.

Old 11-06-2006, 08:45 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,621,921 times
Default Alamo Ranch Market Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirForceDoc View Post
Hey Miss...

To answer your question, a member here wrote about this a week or so ago, but there is going to be a Super Target as well as a Costco, Old Navy, JC Pennys, and much more.
The article I read in the SA Business Journal said three anchor stores and you cite four. Also, where has JC Penny built any stores here that is not in a mall?

Old 11-06-2006, 09:28 PM

1,722 posts, read 2,218,745 times
Quote:
The article I read in the SA Business Journal said three anchor stores and you cite four. Also, where has JC Penny built any stores here that is not in a mall?
The Rim.

JC Penny is now opening "free standing" stores. The JC Penny at The Rim has been open for awhile and is the first free standing one in SA.

There will also be one at Alamo Ranch Marketplace.

Old 11-06-2006, 11:43 PM

260 posts, read 1,140,631 times
Steel, I was just quoting 210 (the member I referred to).

Old 11-06-2006, 11:51 PM

1,722 posts, read 2,218,745 times
Quote:
The article I read in the SA Business Journal said three anchor stores and you cite four.
Costco, ST, JC Penny. are the three anchors. Old Navy was just a store I named that will be part of the development. Old Navy is much to small in size to be an anchor.

Old 11-07-2006, 10:24 AM

3,111 posts, read 9,171,929 times
Where will these stores be?? Potranco or Culebra??

BTW, I just found this website. I LOVE IT!! Lots of great info here. I live at Medina Lake and commute to SA for work. I hope they plan on widening Culebra coming in from out there. Its a pain!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio