Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2007, 10:34 AM

226 posts, read 863,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sares View Post
DON'T ORDER FROM PAUL REVER'S IF WANT TO GET YOUR PIZZA AT ALL!!!! We were regular customers until we ordered one Sunday night and were told our pizza would be delivered in 30 min. An hour and 30 min later after calling and talking to the "owner" several times we still had no pizza. He told us his driver couldn't find our house (we live off a major intersection and they have delivered to us several times before) and that the driver had been outside our gate and our gate code didn't work. Then the "owner" said he didn't have a way to contact his driver and that his driver had stopped to call him from a payphone to tell him this and that he no longer had any idea where his driver was. The "owner" said he had already turned of the ovens for the night and that he could either deliver the pizza to use IF the driver brought it back to the restaurant (2 hours old) or give us 50% of our next identical order. When we said that was not good enough, he refused to correct the situation in any other way and said he was "fine with us taking our business somewhere else and warning other potential customers". Clearly he isn't concerned with customer service, keeping his customers, or attracting new customers. So... DON'T ORDER FROM PAUL REVER'S IF WANT TO GET YOUR PIZZA AT ALL!!!! They are not reliable and have no customer service.

My wife used to love this place but one time they took almost 2 hrs in delivering a pizza. The second time they forgot my order so I left that place really upset and vowing never to go there again.

We used to like going to Wok Inn (the food is great) but we never liked the fact that you had to pay extra to get fried rice. Almost everywhere else its either that or steamed rice for the same price. If you eat there on a regular evening, add the drinks, extra for the fried rice, plus egg rolls or cheese rangoons and you're paying just over $20.

We live in the area so more and more restaurant choices are great. They compete for our business and those with bad customer service/food will wither away. I wonder if a Ruby Tuesday will ever come to SA.

Old 07-23-2007, 10:50 AM

36 posts, read 146,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
what we need is a good bagel place and deli.. I worked in one as a teen and nothing tastes as good as steamed pastrami with havarti cheese on a salt bagel straight out of the oven..

I so wish there was a place like that here, or if there was, I'd love to know where it is...
I agree a good "jewish" deli with good pastrami and corn beef etc. I went to Jasons deli and asked for a toasted bagel with cream cheese and tomato and onion. At the two places I went, I had to tell them how to do it. Their bagels come from a bag... I can go to the grocery store for that.

Also we need a good Italian Deli with lots of sausages, salami's cheeses and other goodies.

Babs

Old 07-23-2007, 10:54 AM

36 posts, read 146,422 times
This place makes their own bagels at the wuzbach location. They have a store on Potranco outside loop 1604 but the bagels come from the wurbach store. They really are not a Deli. I do not consider Boarshead deli at it's best

Chicago Bagel & Deli

Write a review
10918 Wurzbach Rd # 132
San Antonio, TX 78230

(210) 691-2245

Old 07-23-2007, 02:23 PM

17 posts, read 101,960 times
Default but can we get there?

I like all of the development (well most of it - I hate Wal-Mart and don't shop there at all), but what really concerns me is the flooding over Potranco. I don't recall it being that bad before they started building. I find it annoying that when it floods I HAVE to go into Wal-Mart's parking lot to get to 1604.

Old 07-23-2007, 02:54 PM

226 posts, read 863,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eVega View Post
I like all of the development (well most of it - I hate Wal-Mart and don't shop there at all), but what really concerns me is the flooding over Potranco. I don't recall it being that bad before they started building. I find it annoying that when it floods I HAVE to go into Wal-Mart's parking lot to get to 1604.
You're right. The flooding looks bad when it rains, because all those people that live there get semi-stuck. However, you don't have to go into Wal-Mart to get to 1604 north, only if you're going south. If you're going north or want to keep going down Potranco, its best to go back to Empresario Dr and make a right, then take a right on Saxonhill Dr and finally a right on Westcreek Oaks. You'll end up on 1604 between Military and Potranco.

Old 07-23-2007, 03:16 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,400,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I believe I read something in the Westcreek newsletter about them having the ability (zone wise) to put in two more stores there, but I'm hoping for ZERO. There was a reason I moved to Westcreek and townhouses and Walgreens weren't one of them.. they can be on Potranco, but I wish they'd get off Military..

and Double Daves is going up by Sea World? or in the HEB+ shopping center? If they go in HEB+ AND they put in a Papa Murphy's, I'm gonna be in pizza heaven
I agree. We've already started looking at properties elsewhere! (just looking tho...)

I'm glad they finished the highway finally at Military and 1604. When the new stores open up there it's going to get interesting.

ALSO - Behind Sage Run, they've cleared out 100's of acres of trees for development. From what I gather, they're just 'prepping' the land for sale, no confirmation on commercial/residential yes. Luckily we have the creek bed right behind us, and the gas pipeline. But hearing the sound of heavy machinery for weeks made me sick! We used to have deer and hogs, etc, behind our house, but now all we see is piles of dead trees and dirt. I guess now that Wiseman is paved/finished, they're cutting into the land there. So sad.

Old 07-23-2007, 03:28 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,288,471 times
wow, someone needs to read all these posts and start a bagel shop/deli.. I know the one I worked at was never hurting for business and made a killing selling to the dorms and sororities at the University of Michigan. I used to be the king of bagel making and could make them as fast as humanly possible, always quality too.

I completely agree that prepackaged bagels are not the same thing and the preservatives in them make them taste like crap. The bagels we made were great that day, but by the next day they were starting to get old and more firm.
grrrr, now I REALLY want some steamed pastrami on a bagel..

Old 07-23-2007, 03:36 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,400,558 times
What does everyone think about Chicago Bagel (Deli?) on Grosenbacher? We invited them out to our Westcreek business expo, but I really didn't get a chance to talk to them.

Also, anyone tried Sips and More on Potranco?

Old 07-23-2007, 05:12 PM

732 posts, read 3,546,640 times
I'm pretty sure I drove by Sips and More on Potranco and it was closed....at least that's what it looked like. I'm dying to find a nice, local coffee shop where I can get my espresso/ cappucino fix!

Old 07-23-2007, 05:23 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,288,471 times
I've walked into that Chicago Deli, but didn't get anything. They said the pastrami was just cold meat, but they could microwave it.. I also didn't smell any baking going on, so I guess the bagels weren't baked on premise.
As far as coffee, my coffee maker does a great job and only costs me about $20/month including foofoo creamer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio