U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2007, 04:53 PM

7,629 posts, read 14,391,397 times

Advertisements

That would be WEDNESDAY NIGHT!!!

Old 07-24-2007, 10:08 PM

5,635 posts, read 13,985,893 times
Is that thing pronounced PEE WEE as in PEE WEE HERMAN?

Old 07-25-2007, 12:19 AM

55 posts, read 224,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
Is that thing pronounced PEE WEE as in PEE WEE HERMAN?

No, its pronounced PAY WAY, like "Pay way more for less"!

Last edited by wokinn; 07-25-2007 at 12:34 AM..

Old 07-25-2007, 03:36 AM

13,807 posts, read 26,363,980 times
ha ha, I saw their menu and prices... good choice of phonetics

Old 07-25-2007, 05:50 AM

17 posts, read 95,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lockheed1 View Post
Its funny how people will try and blame Walmart for everthing that goes wrong around them. Walmart did NOT cause the flooding behind them, that area has been a flooding at that level for years and years. There was another CD member blaming Walmart for killing her Cat...lol Funny
Maybe you misunderstood. I wasn't blaming Wal-Mart for the flooding, just annoyed that I have to go nearer a place I loathe being near. I've notice the water runs toward their side of the street; obviously it can't be their fault. Believe me, I'd like to blame Wal-Mart for the flooding, global warming, the Iraq war, and every time the Cowboys lose, but I have the intelligence to realize I can't make rational cases for these.

I'm looking forward to Pei Wei, even though I love Wok Inn.

A few posts ago someone said something about two pizza places near each other (at the HEB Plus). I used to live in California and we had a Papa Murphy's three doors from another pizza place. I think since they're "take and bake" it doesn't matter.

Old 07-25-2007, 07:22 AM

25 posts, read 61,422 times
Personally I am happy about competition between vendors. I would have rather not of had Walmart come in but at least it is giving HEB some competition. I have never seen a city this large taken over by one grocery store! And I am glad that I am going to have multipul choices over the same cuisine. I was getting tired of Wok Inn for asian food and was driving else where. But now I can choose between Wok Inn and Pei Wei. Or different pizzas, burgers ect..... If the owners are afraid of competition then maybe they have a reason to be...but we as consumers should benefit as we will be able to find the best service and cuisine for us. And I know this will not be popular with some people but I do hope the Walmart stays in business because a big empty building would be even worse.

Old 07-25-2007, 01:58 PM

that's what dynamite is for

but seriously, competition is good and I'm just a walmart hater like eVega, they do nothing for me and I'll never shop in one. According to the design plan thing someone posted a while back in this thread, there will be a Papa Murphy's pizza in the HEB+ center and Double Daves (a local place) is supposed to open there too, sometime.. Papa Murphy's has it on their web site too, so that's pretty firm, but no date. I can't wait, I love them and their prices are great. also good to be able to pick it up on the way home and cook/eat it when I want

Old 07-25-2007, 03:20 PM

314 posts, read 2,382,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smm1977red View Post
...But now I can choose between Wok Inn and Pei Wei....
Don't forget about the new Panda Express. I'm not a big fan of Panda, but I love Wok Inn, and I'm looking forward to Pei Wei. I do wish there was a good Teriyaki restaurant around here though.

Old 07-25-2007, 03:31 PM

4 posts, read 7,614 times
Just an FYI there is also going to be another Coldstone Creamery by the new Santikos movie theater. I know the owners of the other two and this will be thier third Coldstone. Does anyone have info on any video rental places opening like a Hollywood Video or Blockbuster in the area?

Old 07-25-2007, 03:43 PM

blockbuster online is my personal favorite. My mailbox is very convenient and they have a distribution facility in SA, so you normally get the movie the next day. You can also exchange an online movie in the store for a store movie and you get one coupon per month for a free movie or video game. I always use it for a game because they are normally much more expensive. I also keep forgetting to use them too, need more new Wii games...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio