Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2007, 05:57 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,447,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreekKnoll View Post
Well, for those of us that have lived in the area for years. All we really had was Bill Millers, Sonic, and some taco joint inside the shell that I never built up the courage to try.

Now we have options. And we're excited that we don't have to travel accross SA to find places to eat.

I will say that I was disappointed in Pei Wei. Blah :X
When I went in tonite to p/u our meal, I had told Barb that there was one "blah" posting, but mostly positive. She said if anyone EVER goes in and does not like what they ordered, they should speak up. They will give you a gift card or different meal...their GOAL is that YOU are happy! I thought that was pretty cool...such customer satisfaction type of service is just not so common anymore.

Old 08-03-2007, 06:49 PM

314 posts, read 2,539,307 times
Default Breaking News

The Starbucks on Potranco and 1604 is now open.

Old 08-03-2007, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquajox View Post
The Starbucks on Potranco and 1604 is now open.
No WAY!!! I didn't even notice that! Thanks for sharing!!!

Old 08-03-2007, 07:57 PM
NYr

44 posts, read 149,270 times
We heard that it was open so we stopped by there tonight. It is so nice having a Starbucks so close to the house. Everyone was so friendly and the place had a cozy feel to it. Now if we only had some cold temperatures and snow falling (any other Northerners??) it would be PERFECT! This place gets a thumbs up!

Old 08-03-2007, 08:08 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,382,068 times
counting the number of stores I'd rather have besides a starbucks...

currently at 93943993929043392

Old 08-04-2007, 05:46 AM

I did notice yesterday the Taco Cabana seems almost ready to open...they were working on landscaping so it should not be long...we can enjoy COLD margaritas until the snow falls, then all move over to Starbucks for HOT coffee!

Old 08-04-2007, 08:05 PM

26 posts, read 154,128 times
NYr said ".... Now if we only had some cold temperatures and snow falling (any other Northerners??) it would be PERFECT!......."

I'm originally from Maryland. That is officially the south as its below the Mason-Dixon line but, compared to Texas - Iit's north. I MISS THE SNOW SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH! I have a different version of 'SAD' - seasonal affective disorder. I get depressed when the temps get warm, not cold. I turn into a giggling idiot when its 40 or below. I LIVE for winter and threats of freezing temps. If the weatherman even HINTS that we might get a flake or two of snow - I'm practically in tears (happy tears of course!). So, SOMEDAY - if it ever gets cold - or - heaven help me - SNOWS here - you can blame me as I've been praying for it every minute since I moved here - 15 years ago!!!

I have a Starbucks gift card I've been carrying around since last Xmas. I think I'll head over tomorrow for a "fat free, sugar free vanilla, latte (the only calories are in the milk - and it's skim - total calories - approx 150 for a Vente! Its a healthy but oh-so-yummy indulgence!) Try it, you'll like it!

Old 08-04-2007, 08:18 PM

13,791 posts, read 8,152,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin1957 View Post

I have a Starbucks gift card I've been carrying around since last Xmas. I think I'll head over tomorrow for a "fat free, sugar free vanilla, latte (the only calories are in the milk - and it's skim - total calories - approx 150 for a Vente! Its a healthy but oh-so-yummy indulgence!) Try it, you'll like it!
Actually sounds good and low carb...I might have to try one of those. I usually avoid all their specialty lattes and cappucino's, etc etc because the sugar and carb counts are sky high.

Old 08-04-2007, 10:13 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,665,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malone View Post
Hey, that is out where I live. It is a beautiful drive.
Funny, I take it for granted until I invite someone out and they get to my house and they say "WOW, what a beautiful drive". I'm thinking "yea, I guess it is".
For an even more beautiful drive, when you get to Bandera Road take a left and head up to the town of Bandera. when you get to Bandera take a right on Main Street and head thru town. You can either go up through Medina and on to Kerrville or after going thru Bandera take a left on 470 and head up toward Vanderpool/Utopia area. OMG!! It is sooooo pretty. Go in the fall when the trees are changing colors. I'm sure yall have heard of Lost Maples???? This is up that way. Watch out for the motorcycles, they like to take this road trip.
Yes, very beautiful. That is one of our "extended" drives. A good climb up those hills and the views are great! Once you get to Vanderpool, you could continue on 337 to Leaky and even Camp Wood (a little scary on the narrow road up to the top of the hills). Another nice "extended" trip is to continue on 16 to Kerville and then turn back to San Antonio. And yes, watch out for the "crotch rockets!" One came around the hairpin (blind) corner and was in my lane. Good thing I was only going 10MPH and he went around my van and landed up in the rocks. He wasn't hurt much, but his bike was.

Old 08-05-2007, 09:18 AM
NYr

44 posts, read 149,270 times
Robin1957, you could have been describing me in your description of "SAD". I am the same exact way. My energy level goes through the roof when we are having cold, stormy, icy days. Give me a dark, windy, thunderstorm day anytime and I'll be happy. I miss NY and all the big trees (not these little mesquite things). I've been here 18 years and I would still rather be up there. Glad to hear I'm not the only one praying for snow. When it does, you can find me at the new Starbucks. I'll be the one crying for joy in the corner with a Mocha in my hand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio