U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-15-2007, 10:04 AM
 
4 posts, read 11,703 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

I liked the food at the new BK. My order was complicated b/c my 2 kids can't eat anything with wheat or gluten but I think there were a couple of managers there when I went thru the drive thru. That may have helped.

 
Old 09-15-2007, 10:20 AM
 
Location: Wiesbaden, Germany
13,807 posts, read 26,349,040 times
Reputation: 3989
Quote:
Originally Posted by sclark9602 View Post
No not next to Panda Exp. but on the other side of Potranco in that neighborhood Sierra Springs. They've pulled out the bulldozers and dump trucks. They're doing something, I just don't know what. I'm hoping it's not apartments.
oh, I avoid the mess of Potranco like the plague, so I haven't seen that.. and yes, hopefully it isn't apartments or you'll get to enjoy the sudden surge in crime like Westcreek did when we got the town homes in the front by the clock tower. We fought them, but unfortunately we lost and the builder had to make a certain amount of them affordable to get the permit.. and as is usually the case with affordable housing, the crime rate spiked...

Too bad we didn't have the lawyers Stone Oak had when they wanted to put some affordable housing up there..
 
Old 09-15-2007, 03:14 PM
 
17 posts, read 95,646 times
Reputation: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
oh, I avoid the mess of Potranco like the plague, so I haven't seen that.. and yes, hopefully it isn't apartments or you'll get to enjoy the sudden surge in crime like Westcreek did when we got the town homes in the front by the clock tower. We fought them, but unfortunately we lost and the builder had to make a certain amount of them affordable to get the permit.. and as is usually the case with affordable housing, the crime rate spiked...

Too bad we didn't have the lawyers Stone Oak had when they wanted to put some affordable housing up there..
It's horrible that people who can't afford to own a home of their own have the gall to want to live in an apartment in a nice part of town, such as ours. Why should their kids be allowed to attend our great Northside schools and receive excellent educational ooportunities? We should just segregate housing by economics. I think I'd like it more, too, if all the kids at the elementary school down the street looked the same and my kids weren't exposed to those "apartment-people" so much. Let's limit their exposure to "those people" to just those times when they hand us trays at Burger King and Taco Cabana or bag our groceries at HEB.
 
Old 09-15-2007, 04:15 PM
 
Location: Wiesbaden, Germany
13,807 posts, read 26,349,040 times
Reputation: 3989
I'm not going to get in an argument here, but I believe that was the direction the person I replied to was headed..
 
Old 09-15-2007, 05:48 PM
 
Location: Western Bexar County
3,823 posts, read 13,371,828 times
Reputation: 1905
Quote:
Originally Posted by sclark9602 View Post
No not next to Panda Exp. but on the other side of Potranco in that neighborhood Sierra Springs. They've pulled out the bulldozers and dump trucks. They're doing something, I just don't know what. I'm hoping it's not apartments.
Are you talking about the 5-acre commercial track squeezed in between the Sierra Springs houses? If so, this place has been for sale for at least the last 17 years. We called once many years ago about the price (before Sierra Springs was building in that area) and they wanted $110,000 for the property. Apparently, they were asking too much as now it is locked in on 3 sides by the houses. It looks like they tried to develop the land a year or so ago, but that stopped. It is kind of narrow, so I would suggest that Sierra Springs buy it and turn it into a small park or something along that vein.
 
Old 09-15-2007, 08:31 PM
 
1,276 posts, read 3,440,931 times
Reputation: 700
Has anyone noticed the surge of graffiti in this area? Or is it just that I haven't been paying attention? ;-) I was out and about today for the first time in a week or two (other than driving morning and afternoon rush hour to Fort Sam and back--which my attention is then on all the crazy drivers) and I just couldn't believe all the graffiti that has popped up. The first house going in to our subdivision (Brycewood) was tagged on their fence. I noticed all the light poles on the road behind the NISD warehouses heading to Target were all tagged. Lots of electrical boxes tagged. The Sonic sign on Potranco past Richland Hills--tagged. The community behind the gas station on Potranco/Hunt Lane got tagged really bad at their entrance--not sure how they are going to get that off that nice rock? Good grief. It's just ridiculous.
 
Old 09-16-2007, 05:41 AM
 
17 posts, read 95,646 times
Reputation: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I'm not going to get in an argument here, but I believe that was the direction the person I replied to was headed..
Thanks rd, I think so, too. (just for the record, I was responding with sarcasm to the post about apartment-fear.) We lived in apartments before we moved into our house. We met other people there in our same situation and had more issues with the property manager than we did fellow residents.

Oh and regarding the graffitti. I heard once that 90% of tagging is done from people in the neighborhood of where the tagging is done. Just a thought.
 
Old 09-16-2007, 07:53 AM
 
Location: Wiesbaden, Germany
13,807 posts, read 26,349,040 times
Reputation: 3989
There are few things I dislike as much as graffitti and every time I hear one of those taggers trying to defend it as art.. grrrrrrrrrr It just makes my blood boil. It's an eyesore and should be placed higher on the scale of criminal offenses. Maybe one day the castle law will be extended to your fence and then we'll finally see a drop in the amount of unwanted "art"..

ok, we need to get back to some nicer topics, like snails working at Burger King or something..
has anyone else got sick off Burger King? especially this past Friday late afternoon/early evening? and anybody know if they're going to open a Taco Bell in the area? I know a lot of people don't like them, but I have this weakness for them, especially on a 59 cent hard taco Sunday...
 
Old 09-16-2007, 09:48 AM
 
Location: San Antonio
7,629 posts, read 14,379,886 times
Reputation: 18706
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
There are few things I dislike as much as graffitti and every time I hear one of those taggers trying to defend it as art.. grrrrrrrrrr It just makes my blood boil. It's an eyesore and should be placed higher on the scale of criminal offenses. Maybe one day the castle law will be extended to your fence and then we'll finally see a drop in the amount of unwanted "art"..

ok, we need to get back to some nicer topics, like snails working at Burger King or something..
has anyone else got sick off Burger King? especially this past Friday late afternoon/early evening? and anybody know if they're going to open a Taco Bell in the area? I know a lot of people don't like them, but I have this weakness for them, especially on a 59 cent hard taco Sunday...
Funny you should mention Taco Bell....WHY oh WHY don't they sell the FIRE HOT SAUCE from Taco Bell in the jar at the grocery stores...why only the MILD sauce???????? I LOVE that stuff...I'll get a taco there just to put 7 or 8 of the FIRE HOT sauce packets on it!
 
Old 09-16-2007, 10:42 AM
 
4 posts, read 11,703 times
Reputation: 10
My family and I lived in apts. like a little over a year ago for about a year before buying our home. It's not the people in the apt. I'm worried about, it's selling our home to someone who doesn't want to buy it b/c there are apts. I don't want trying to sell our home to become an issue to someone who hates apts. And when our family relocates again, we will live in an apt. till we find a home. Sorry if I made it sound different but that's totally not how I meant it.

Yes I'm talking about the narrow area b/w Sierra Springs. They are definately doing something now. There's construction going on now. Oh well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top