U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2007, 09:24 PM

3,823 posts, read 13,372,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
Isn't there a Citibank right next to Kohl's?
Chase. Of course, there alway's room for another bank in that area!

Old 09-20-2007, 09:29 PM

3,823 posts, read 13,372,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Yep, saw the sign today...and SERIOUSLY thinking about changing from SSFCU to RBFCU since I keep asking and SSFCU is not going forward with plans to build down here...and I am tired of going to the Culebra Rd/1604 branch....that intersection is NOT my favorite and I see real potential for it to be every bit as bad as Bandara in the very near future. With all the banking choices at Potranco, looks like AFFCU or RBFCU might be our new bank after all these years with SSFCU. Wish it were not necessary tho...
Hey Paka, are we related???
I have also been asking SSFCU if they plan to put a branch in the Potranco area, but they said they're not considering it at this time. What are we, chopped liver??? At least give us an ATM!
Ditto on going to Culebra branch. You take your life in your hands just trying to get over to make a turn and sometimes I have to go down to the Chili's entrance to make the turn, with someone on my tail!

Old 09-21-2007, 03:16 AM

7,629 posts, read 14,381,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
Hey Paka, are we related???
I have also been asking SSFCU if they plan to put a branch in the Potranco area, but they said they're not considering it at this time. What are we, chopped liver??? At least give us an ATM!
Ditto on going to Culebra branch. You take your life in your hands just trying to get over to make a turn and sometimes I have to go down to the Chili's entrance to make the turn, with someone on my tail!
I feel exactly the same, and after being with SSFCU for over 30 years it appears a change is in store for us at least. I suppose they can figure it out when they see a HUGE amount of their business from the 78253 zip code shift once another credit union is available in this area...besides, I heard that for car loans, RBFCU is suppose to have very good rates!

Yea, I light candles before I try to make that intersection turn in myself...and I am just not willing to do it when I can have what I need right here.

Whoever mentioned that AFFCU and RBFCU had a ATM agreement, does that mean that we can use the RBFCU at the AFFCU ATM as well? Would work for me, working in WHMC that would be nice....but I REFUSE to pay to access MY money!!!

Old 09-21-2007, 05:21 AM

13,807 posts, read 26,350,797 times
Chase, Citibank, they both start with C.. oops

Old 09-21-2007, 06:35 AM

25 posts, read 61,390 times
I bank with USAA and I have stepped into a building of theirs maybe once? I get all my atm fees refunded and if I have to deposit a check I just scan it to them via the internet. It is absolutely priceless to not have to drive to a branch office. My husband and I always wondered why there were so many banks popping up and now I know!

Old 09-21-2007, 09:57 AM

60 posts, read 222,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Whoever mentioned that AFFCU and RBFCU had a ATM agreement, does that mean that we can use the RBFCU at the AFFCU ATM as well? Would work for me, working in WHMC that would be nice....but I REFUSE to pay to access MY money!!!
Yes. They are part of something called the credit union Co-op which allows you to use 25,000 ATMs nationwide. There are several credit unions in SA that are part of it. SSFCU is not part of it. There is a link about it on the AFFCU webpage.

I quit using SSFCU for a different reason than you all did. My ex-wife works for them. I don't pay alimony or child support but I still didn't want her to have access to my accounts.

Old 09-21-2007, 01:41 PM

54 posts, read 207,089 times
citibank is suppose to be going up in the Heritage Plaza, anyone know where that is?

Old 09-21-2007, 02:56 PM

13,807 posts, read 26,350,797 times
Heritage is that big neighborhood on the south side of Potranco. In between Papa John's and HEB+. So I would think the Heritage shopping center would be there somewhere.

Old 09-22-2007, 05:39 PM
djw

951 posts, read 2,575,931 times
Any ideas what happened to the smoothie shop - it had something about Hawaii in it's name, that was going in the HEB center? And the Radio Shack sign is gone too.
And because my son commented on it just last week - just how long does the "Grand Opening" at Potranco Dental last?

Old 09-23-2007, 08:29 AM

3,060 posts, read 6,744,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 940 View Post
Found these reviews for Sips and More...

Sips and More, San Antonio TX 78253 (http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/Sips.and.More.210-679-5607 - broken link)
We had Sips and More at our neighborhood rummage sale in Westcreek, and again at the Westcreek Business Expo. If you guys haven't gone by there, you should!

I haven't found many more reviews online - I did leave a review on Citysearch:

SIPS & More - San Antonio, TX, 78253 - Citysearch
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio