U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2007, 06:23 PM
NYr

44 posts, read 136,398 times

Advertisements

I wish they enforced the "no fireworks in the city limits" policy because I can't stand them! I live within the city limits, and I can tell you that everyone around here is shooting them off including the SAPD officer who lives down the street. Not only is it a fire hazard when we have the dry conditions, but it is also quite a mess to see the next day. One day I would love to see them actually drive around and ticket the people who are violating this law. (Excuse me....I need to step down from my soap box now)

Old 10-17-2007, 08:02 PM

1,276 posts, read 3,441,793 times
I'll have to check that red house next time I'm over in Trophy Ridge. My in-laws have a 1-story on Cattle Ranch that is that deep beautiful barn red. I love that color and would love to have a house that color. Actually if I could I'd love a house in Trophy Ridge period...at least until last weekend when we drove to Bandera...now we want to live there. But commuting to Fort Sam would be killer...and not in a good way either. ;-)

Old 10-18-2007, 07:52 AM

1,241 posts, read 3,901,201 times
Don't tell them your coming, they may raise the price back. Honestly, I would hate to be the scratch in the Ford F150 of a neighborhood that gives it character. I'll be the neighbor though.

Old 10-18-2007, 10:36 AM

13,807 posts, read 26,355,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
guess nobody wants me to mention that my payments have been going down, along with my taxes.. first they changed the rules for school districts to tax you and then I got my VA disability rating. Next up will be my new and higher disability rating and another tax decrease

and I hate street lights. I'm VERY happy that Westcreek is quite dark. My house has outside lights and a lighting system and I can control both of them. A giant nasty street light outside my bedroom is definitely nothing I ever want.. and definitely not something I'd willingly pay $1K+ extra per year for... that's the tax difference for being on different sides of 1604
quoting myself to point out the number of times I mentioned myself, as in my own opinion... My personal opinion is that bickering starts when people complain about something that didn't really deserve the complaint.. but that's just my opinion..

BTW, it is also my opinion that fireworks are extremely annoying to me and I personally wish they were illegal in the entire county. That again is my opinion...
yeah, this sounds pretty retarded...

Old 10-20-2007, 06:47 AM

anybody know what is going in the shopping center on the NW corner of Potranco/1604? the one they're building across from the evil store (walmart)

Old 10-20-2007, 05:09 PM
NYr

44 posts, read 136,398 times
There was a link MANY pages back that listed some of the stores. I know it is called "Madison's Market" and I remember that a Payless Shoes was already named as a tenant. I can't remember what else. Oh, I did see a sign today for a "Freddies Frozen Custard" that will be going in further down Potranco right across from the old Albertsons (just past 151).

Old 10-20-2007, 06:27 PM

7,629 posts, read 14,385,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
anybody know what is going in the shopping center on the NW corner of Potranco/1604? the one they're building across from the evil store (walmart)
You mean the little strip mall behind the Carcol Creek area? ANYTHING please except more pizza or nail places would work for me. I hope it is not one of those "we have built it and it sits vacant forever" types of little strip malls either.

Old 10-20-2007, 08:05 PM

The Freddy's Frozen Custard was in one of the links I posted quite a few posts back

my wife will like having a Payless Shoes here and so will the dogs.. that's usually why she has to go to one...

ok, so I google'd that place and of course it sent me to C-D, but quite a few pages back. here are some old links and obviously not completely accurate because of their age..
http://www.barshop-oles.com/pdf/potranco_mediakit.pdf (broken link)

MSA Architecture and Planning

http://weingarten.com/mediabin_import/Property%20Photos/0606%20(Westwood%20Center,%20San%20Antonio,%20TX)/Site%20Plans/0606--(Get%20Original).pdf (broken link)

City's far Northwest Side nets more retail development - San Antonio Business Journal:

I know hating on apartments isn't appreciated by some, but does anyone know if these apartments are still a go?
http://www.reatarealestate.com/properties_PDF/PotrancoPointe.pdf (broken link)
I hope not...

Old 10-21-2007, 03:13 AM

7,629 posts, read 14,385,467 times
I LOVE the comment in the article about Madison Market and the proximity to the new Walmart that states "You walk out of Wal-Mart and right into our center,"...yea, if you want to reenact an old version of the "*******" game! Can you imagine trying to walk from the Walmart to Madison Market across Potranco Rd during rush hour???

Old 10-21-2007, 06:09 AM

41 posts, read 38,404 times
It seems like Madison's will be the same old thing a far as strip malls. Why can't we get at least a Famous Footwear, SAS, or Shoe Pavilion instead of a Payless? I guess the same reason we get a WalMart instead of a SteinMart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio