Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2007, 11:17 AM

144 posts, read 686,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wokinn View Post
We are located in the corner of Ellison and Potranco. The shopping center next to CVS and facing directly across the Stevens High School...

hope to see you soon!

wok inn

We don't go to Wokinn anymore everything is sticky, from the tables,floors,the area where you get you drinks and food. I gave it the benefit of the doubt but after several visits seems like noonle cleans around there. sorry but you should try and fix this

Old 07-20-2007, 10:04 AM

55 posts, read 246,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lockheed1 View Post
We don't go to Wokinn anymore everything is sticky, from the tables,floors,the area where you get you drinks and food. I gave it the benefit of the doubt but after several visits seems like noonle cleans around there. sorry but you should try and fix this
Thanks for the feedback. We hope you have a better experience if you decide to visit us again!

We apologize for the "sticky issues" you described. I can assure you that we clean throughly everyday. I admit when we get overwhelmingly busy its difficult at time to stay 100% clean during peak hours. Cleanliness and sanitation is our biggest priority for the safety and health for our employees and our patrons!

wok inn

Old 07-20-2007, 09:17 PM
djw

951 posts, read 2,834,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wokinn View Post
this will hurt my friend tom at paul reverer's pizza if they both go in. Would'nt surprise if one backs out or file a lawsuit against HEB for that. Usually, tenants and landlords agree to non-competitve type clause when they lease to tenants. In other words no "similar" business at same shopping center.

wok inn
Not sure HEB cares about "similar" business in the same shopping center. There are two nail salons already.

Old 07-20-2007, 09:53 PM
djw

951 posts, read 2,834,568 times
Default Email campaign for GOOD food?

I recently visited the Saltgrass website and begged for them to put in a restaurant around here. What say we put together a short list of our faves, then we ALL send them emails begging for their business!?!?

Here's my start (I'll even put in the contact link) :
Saltgrass Landry's Seafood Restaurants, Inc. Comment Form
Panera BreadPanera Bread › Contact Us
Old Country Buffet Buffets, Inc.
Longhorn Steakhouse RARE Hospitality International, Inc.
Souper Salad https://www.soupersalad.com/source/Feedback/Add_Location_Request_Feedback.aspx (broken link)

Add any you like, and email those you want to see in our neighborhood.

Old 07-21-2007, 01:57 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,387,646 times
White Castle White Castle Home Page Krystal's is NOT the same..

Old 07-21-2007, 05:05 PM

55 posts, read 246,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djw View Post
I recently visited the Saltgrass website and begged for them to put in a restaurant around here. What say we put together a short list of our faves, then we ALL send them emails begging for their business!?!?

Here's my start (I'll even put in the contact link) :
Saltgrass Landry's Seafood Restaurants, Inc. Comment Form
Panera BreadPanera Bread › Contact Us
Old Country Buffet Buffets, Inc.
Longhorn Steakhouse RARE Hospitality International, Inc.
Souper Salad https://www.soupersalad.com/source/Feedback/Add_Location_Request_Feedback.aspx (broken link)

Add any you like, and email those you want to see in our neighborhood.
I know its not Potranco but these are the restaurants confirmed for Alamo Ranch Marketplace

Olive Garden
Red Robin
Houlihan's
Chick Fila
Houlians

Old 07-22-2007, 07:45 AM

25 posts, read 70,014 times
I noticed in the HEB site plans that there is a Which Wich coming. I have never had one but it will be nice to have another sandwich shop other than Subway.

Old 07-22-2007, 10:28 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,387,646 times
what we need is a good bagel place and deli.. I worked in one as a teen and nothing tastes as good as steamed pastrami with havarti cheese on a salt bagel straight out of the oven..

I so wish there was a place like that here, or if there was, I'd love to know where it is...

Old 07-22-2007, 10:08 PM

2 posts, read 7,972 times
DON'T ORDER FROM PAUL REVER'S IF WANT TO GET YOUR PIZZA AT ALL!!!! We were regular customers until we ordered one Sunday night and were told our pizza would be delivered in 30 min. An hour and 30 min later after calling and talking to the "owner" several times we still had no pizza. He told us his driver couldn't find our house (we live off a major intersection and they have delivered to us several times before) and that the driver had been outside our gate and our gate code didn't work. Then the "owner" said he didn't have a way to contact his driver and that his driver had stopped to call him from a payphone to tell him this and that he no longer had any idea where his driver was. The "owner" said he had already turned of the ovens for the night and that he could either deliver the pizza to use IF the driver brought it back to the restaurant (2 hours old) or give us 50% of our next identical order. When we said that was not good enough, he refused to correct the situation in any other way and said he was "fine with us taking our business somewhere else and warning other potential customers". Clearly he isn't concerned with customer service, keeping his customers, or attracting new customers. So... DON'T ORDER FROM PAUL REVER'S IF WANT TO GET YOUR PIZZA AT ALL!!!! They are not reliable and have no customer service.

Old 07-23-2007, 05:53 AM

77 posts, read 93,427 times
rd2007,
I agree about a good bagel place. For me, ( and maybe some other former Colorado Springs people), it has to be Einstein Bros. for bagels. I know SuperTarget carries a few of their flavors, but it's not the same as the real thing. My favorite was their chocolate chip bage, which SuperTarget never has when I'm there. They had great coffee and lunch choices, too. Someone told us that there was one at UTSA, but if you're not a student, you wouldn't go over there. We tried the place near us at Grosenbacher/Potranco... not impressed. They were out of our first two choices for lunch and it wasn't very clean that day. Hoping I just caught an off-day??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio