U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2014, 08:26 PM

6,998 posts, read 10,233,864 times

Advertisements

I've lived in Texas pretty much my whole life, so I won't have a biased opinion when I try In-N-Out. Even as a Texan, I don't get the cult-like following of Whataburger. Considering that I hate Whataburger's burgers, I won't be surprised if I find In-N-Out to be better; but, I also won't be surprised if I'm not all that impressed. I think Five Guys is better than Whataburger, but I don't think the burgers are anything special. I haven't been easy to impress lately. My favorite burger so far is from Candy's.

Old 03-15-2014, 09:20 PM

5,621 posts, read 6,403,554 times
I am not a fan of whataburger and I have yet to try in-and-out here so I can't really compare the two together but almost everyone I have spoken to that tried in-and-out that are not California transplants claim it is better that whataburger.

If I moved away, I wouldn't be missing whataburger. That is for sure.

Someone needs to get off his high horse in this thread. The arrogance is so annoying.

Old 03-15-2014, 10:08 PM

100 posts, read 170,847 times
I have to put my 2 cents worth in here. I'm a recent (1 1/2 year) transplant from So Cal. I happen to love Whataburger, and I also love In-n-Out. To me they both have their own niche in the market.

Whataburger has a complete menu - burgers, chicken, breakfast, etc. In-n-Out is just burgers - they will do a "grilled cheese" if necessary (bun and cheese).

To me, one of the big differences is the price -In-n-Out is CHEAP! Two single cheeseburgers, 2 medium drinks and one order of fries is under $10 - you sure can't do that at Whataburger.

I will definitely make the drive to In-n-Out when it opens, because I love the food - but I also will continue going to Whataburger, because they have a completely different menu and different choices. There's plenty of room for both in San Antonio!

Old 03-16-2014, 12:04 AM

1,097 posts, read 1,798,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L210 View Post
I've lived in Texas pretty much my whole life, so I won't have a biased opinion when I try In-N-Out. Even as a Texan, I don't get the cult-like following of Whataburger. Considering that I hate Whataburger's burgers, I won't be surprised if I find In-N-Out to be better; but, I also won't be surprised if I'm not all that impressed. I think Five Guys is better than Whataburger, but I don't think the burgers are anything special. I haven't been easy to impress lately. My favorite burger so far is from Candy's.
burger, fries and a drink is ten bucks at 5 guys! I will pass on them lol

Old 03-16-2014, 12:43 AM

336 posts, read 413,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
If anything, a new fast food chain is probably the last thing this city needs!
THIS is the truth.

SA is an obese city that thinks it's okay to be this unhealthy. No bueno.

Old 03-16-2014, 02:03 AM

424 posts, read 508,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannjen View Post
I have to put my 2 cents worth in here. I'm a recent (1 1/2 year) transplant from So Cal. I happen to love Whataburger, and I also love In-n-Out. To me they both have their own niche in the market.

Whataburger has a complete menu - burgers, chicken, breakfast, etc. In-n-Out is just burgers - they will do a "grilled cheese" if necessary (bun and cheese).

To me, one of the big differences is the price -In-n-Out is CHEAP! Two single cheeseburgers, 2 medium drinks and one order of fries is under $10 - you sure can't do that at Whataburger.

I will definitely make the drive to In-n-Out when it opens, because I love the food - but I also will continue going to Whataburger, because they have a completely different menu and different choices. There's plenty of room for both in San Antonio!
This man.

Old 03-16-2014, 02:10 AM

424 posts, read 508,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staunchcharacter View Post
THIS is the truth.

SA is an obese city that thinks it's okay to be this unhealthy. No bueno.
So, if you gambled a lot or watched "too much" tv or liked sex at an obscene level, or whatever... the proper thing to do is to restrict you from doing those things because we have a problem with it? Let's ban cigarettes and alcohol and cars and planes and boats and pets because consuming or owning those things can lead to ones death.

Or let's just leave people to decide on their own if they want to eat a fast food burger or not. Unless you think only obese people eat fast food.

It's far better to educate people about eating healthy and exercising them being a smug and pretentious know it all and forbidding it.

Teaching people to wear condoms or take birth control will be a lot more effective than telling them they're banned from interacting with the opposite sex.

Old 03-16-2014, 09:07 AM

6,998 posts, read 10,233,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnts71 View Post
Yeah, and they give you $5 worth of fries. Their "little" fries is enough for 2 people. After they fill up the fry container, it seems like they dump more fries in the bag. They could probably cut the cost of their meals by reducing the portion sizes of their fries.

Old 03-16-2014, 09:43 AM

3,136 posts, read 5,156,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnts71 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by L210 View Post
Yeah, and they give you $5 worth of fries. Their "little" fries is enough for 2 people. After they fill up the fry container, it seems like they dump more fries in the bag. They could probably cut the cost of their meals by reducing the portion sizes of their fries.
No individual portions of fries. The main reason I've only eaten at Five Guys about three or four times since they opened here several years ago.

Old 03-16-2014, 09:50 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,172,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJMorris82 View Post

Lastly, if In-N-Out sucked it wouldn't be able to expand into Texas from California, it would have died on the West Coast. Quality chain places will always be able to expand to new areas if they truly are quality.
How does one explain Starbucks then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio