U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 12:10 PM

2,651 posts, read 6,497,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
That's an odd location for the first restaurant. I guess it won't matter as they will eventually be all over town I'm sure.
Why is that? Bit has excellent access from IH 35, and good daytime population number from rackspace. In fact all the restaurants are packed at noon over there.

Old 01-30-2014, 12:17 PM

1,097 posts, read 1,796,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Perhaps it's cheaper to open there first?
Exactly..property value way cheaper than Stone Oak but more than likely they will open one in SO too

Old 01-30-2014, 12:19 PM

399 posts, read 1,026,819 times
I agree that it's a good location. At least as good as any other. The rep that Windcrest has is unfortunate. I patronize many of the establishments around Walzem and have never encountered any issues. I think it's still a nice area that had a bigger drop off than the rest of the city over the 2000s. The highway frontage will help and access to Windcrest, Walzem, and Rackspace is great.

p.s. There is also a new Bush's Chicken going in on Walzem. Maybe the retail investors know more about that area than the rest of us.

Old 01-30-2014, 12:45 PM

6,996 posts, read 10,209,329 times
If they are really going to open in Windcrest, this is great for me since I don't live too far from there. I can't imagine In-N-Out being worse than Whataburger. Five Guys is too expensive and not all that amazing, but at least they're better than Whataburger.

Old 01-30-2014, 03:11 PM

19 posts, read 36,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spursrock View Post
People on here are so funny! They rely 100% on media to feed them info! If they didn't hear it from Ksat it's not true! Lol no wonder why this city is so blind...

It's good will provide more part time jobs and that side of of town is eh so let's see if the animals don't destroy it.

My only real concern is San Antonio has a terrible work force hopefully they can train well enough to produce a decent product. Five guys baby!
Weren't you the poster demanding verification to the TGIFridays/in out news last week. Now you're insulting people for asking for verification?

You're coming off kind of inconsistent.

Old 01-30-2014, 03:37 PM

3,669 posts, read 5,888,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
That's an odd location for the first restaurant. I guess it won't matter as they will eventually be all over town I'm sure.
35 is the busiest corridor that runs through San Antonio. They not only want our business but anyone's passing through.

Like other foreign chains (it not from Texas so I consider it foreign) they might not do as well as expected here. Fat Burger and Five Guys have found their niches here but are not popular enough to expand. Carl Jr's also has had limited success here on their second try within the SA market.

I expect them to keep their Windcrest location but don't foresee them massively expanding here. Like Krispy Kreme there will be buzz especially on the radio but that will die out once everyone tries it.

I really wish Rally's would return but this is Whataburger country.

Old 01-30-2014, 09:30 PM

19 posts, read 36,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 713 to 210 View Post
Here you go:

MEDIA RELEASE:
In-N-Out Burger Coming to Windcrest

The City of Windcrest is excited to announce the plans to open an In-N-Out Burger.

During a joint meeting on Thursday, January 17, 2014 with the Windcrest Economic Development Corporation and the City Council, the Weitzman Group made the announcement that this famous and wildly popular restaurant will open later this year. The In-N-Out Burger will opening up off 35 and Walzem at the old Frost Bank Location. The existing building will be demolished and re–platted into 3 lots. In-N-Out Burger will be the first restaurant to break ground. Another restaurant and a hotel are in the plans for the other two plats. An announcement will be made soon!

In-N-Out Burger first opened its’ doors in Texas in 2010, and has been steadily growing since then. This will be the first In-N-Out Burger establishment in Bexar County.
This entire "press release" loses credibility (did it have any to begin with?) when it states In n Out opened their first Texas location in 2010. They opened their first Texas location in 2011.

Old 01-30-2014, 10:01 PM

1,097 posts, read 1,796,030 times
Mods is there any reason to start a new thread?
Time frame for In-N-Out Burger to enter SA Market in addition to Del Taco?

Old 01-30-2014, 11:02 PM

336 posts, read 413,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnts71 View Post
Thank you

Old 01-30-2014, 11:05 PM

336 posts, read 413,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trapperkeeper View Post
This entire "press release" loses credibility (did it have any to begin with?) when it states In n Out opened their first Texas location in 2010. They opened their first Texas location in 2011.
No online search engine pulls up this PR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio