U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2014, 01:58 PM

64 posts, read 67,298 times

Advertisements

What they really need is a Shake Shack! That would do super well down in Olmos Basin somewhere or down Blanco near NSM.

Old 02-06-2014, 02:44 PM

Also, why spend all that money tearing down a massive multi-story building for a burger joint?

Actually, it sounds like there will be more going on around the site than just the 'in and out burger'. Other restaurants and a new hotel. Guess, they are all sharing in the expenses. This is not going to be open for a long, long time. Too bad.., I am craving one NOW!

Old 02-06-2014, 05:00 PM

4 posts, read 5,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allmyexes View Post
Also, why spend all that money tearing down a massive multi-story building for a burger joint?

Actually, it sounds like there will be more going on around the site than just the 'in and out burger'. Other restaurants and a new hotel. Guess, they are all sharing in the expenses. This is not going to be open for a long, long time. Too bad.., I am craving one NOW!
First off, it's a single developer who is developing the property. He will raze the building then build on it.

Second, you do know there will be more than one In and Out in San Antonio and more than likely this location won't be the "first" to open. It's literally just the second location to be announced.

Third, it doesn't take love to demo a building then construct a fast food restaurant. 7-8 months at the most.

Old 02-06-2014, 09:50 PM

336 posts, read 413,889 times
Windcrest = someplace I'd never live, even if you paid me

Frankly, I don't want to live near anywhere they'd put an In & Out. It attracts too much transience and far too many silly folks clogging up the area for a hamburger.

Old 02-07-2014, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twittyburp View Post
Third, it doesn't take love to demo a building then construct a fast food restaurant. 7-8 months at the most.
It will take 3-6 months just to get through all the board meetings, approvals and permits. We'll see an in and out burger at that location in mid-late 2015

Old 02-07-2014, 08:35 AM

i do not think this burger joint is going draw a 'wrong' crowd. It will be popular for locals to come and try it out. Then when they realize it tastes like a 'whataburger'.., this location will close within a few years or less as the other locations thrive on.

In NYC and now London.., Shake Shack burgers are the craze. $3.45 for a small burger.., tastes just like a Whataburger.. but to these bozos up here who are used to paying at least $15 for a decent burger.., they can not get enough of them. Then they sell you a thick arse milk shake in a coffee mug sized paper cup.. for over $5. Fries are also around $5 and are those thick grease laiden type.., not my style at all.

Old 02-07-2014, 08:45 AM

3,566 posts, read 5,291,899 times
I went by the Austin one almost a month after it opened and there were still long lines. I can wait.

Old 02-07-2014, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by verybadgnome View Post
I went by the Austin one almost a month after it opened and there were still long lines. I can wait.
You should see the one in London!!!

After 9 almost 9 months.., and the lines are still incredible!!

Old 02-09-2014, 12:35 PM

358 posts, read 721,391 times
We ate at a Shake Shack in Manhattan and it was nothing special in my opinion. I've had way better burgers at several local joints.

Old 02-09-2014, 07:44 PM

11,435 posts, read 16,432,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by verybadgnome View Post
There are TONS more californians in Austin. I just had an In n Out today. As I said before, their burgers are VERY consistent from store to store. I cannot say the same for Whataburger. That proposed building site already has a good number of beggars that ask for $$. Everytime that I gas up at the Valero on Walzem & 35, someone always will ask me for some $$.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio