Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 05:00 PM

54 posts, read 190,953 times

Advertisements

I received my bill saying I owe a low $XXX amount. I call to pay, but they said I owe a low $XXXX amount. I asked why and they said I've been paying someone else's usage and that someone has been paying mine. I said that's not my fault and asked to speak to someone higher. The person higher told me the same thing. I've never received any notice about this situation. Does this sound right? Is there anyway to prevent this? This is a great hardship, but they said I can set up a payment plan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2014, 07:16 PM

952 posts, read 2,634,254 times
hmm, that would **** me right off. Are you sharing the electricity in your house/apartment with anybody else?
I would definitely keep on top of it though to get it sorted out.
also, I pay my CPS via online, do you? and if you do, do you see the bill THEY said over the phone OR the bill you received in the mail??

Old 02-21-2014, 09:53 PM

I live in an apartment and I share with my family in the same apartment if that is what you mean. I can't check online because it never sends me a password. Up until this month my bill matched what is said on the phone. I'm thinking of filing a complaint with the Public Utility Commission. This isn't right. Why should I pay for their mistake? Especially since it is a $XXXX mistake and they never notified me of it.

Old 02-22-2014, 05:58 AM

952 posts, read 2,634,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHungry View Post
I live in an apartment and I share with my family in the same apartment if that is what you mean. I can't check online because it never sends me a password. Up until this month my bill matched what is said on the phone. I'm thinking of filing a complaint with the Public Utility Commission. This isn't right. Why should I pay for their mistake? Especially since it is a $XXXX mistake and they never notified me of it.
ok, so if you don't have an online account, you are getting the bill thru the mail, correct? Did this recent bill thru the mail show $XXX as opposed to the amount they are telling you over the phone?

If that is the case, i would pay the amount shown on the bill.

But yes, i would also contact the PUC regarding your concern, and send it with a copy of your bill, if you do pay the pay (what you have in hand) send a copy of receipt also.

Setting up an online account is easy, if you have any issues with it, contact CPS.

Old 02-22-2014, 07:39 AM

447 posts, read 1,044,366 times
Its very important that you pay the bill in full as fast as you can. CPS needs that money for their huge bar tabs and lavish parties.

$43,000 Party! More lavish spending by CPS Energy on your tab - 1604.TV

CPS Energy dishing out record tally of bonus cash - San Antonio Express-News

Old 02-22-2014, 07:50 AM

2,600 posts, read 8,791,531 times
Sounds like an illegal apartment or we're missing the rest of the story !!!!!

Old 02-22-2014, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jons_wifey View Post
ok, so if you don't have an online account, you are getting the bill thru the mail, correct? Did this recent bill thru the mail show $XXX as opposed to the amount they are telling you over the phone?

If that is the case, i would pay the amount shown on the bill.

But yes, i would also contact the PUC regarding your concern, and send it with a copy of your bill, if you do pay the pay (what you have in hand) send a copy of receipt also.

Setting up an online account is easy, if you have any issues with it, contact CPS.
I've had an online account for years and used to pay that way, but forgot the password and it never sends me a new one. I will eventually call, but it is not easy getting to a live person. Yesterday one of the menus kept starting over and then eventually I got a message that I can have someone call me back.

The recent bill showed $XXX, which I am going to pay soon. I am a bit scared. What if next month or a few months from now they say I owe $XXXX again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by need4speed2012 View Post
Sounds like an illegal apartment or we're missing the rest of the story !!!!!
These apartments opened up about a year ago and I've been living here since around the time they opened up.

Old 02-22-2014, 09:24 AM

7,130 posts, read 11,834,325 times
It's unfortunate, but the fact is that you've used the electricity and owe the bill. They SHOULD work with you since it's not your fault that they have been billing the wrong amount monthly, but PUC is going to tell you the same thing - you used it, you owe it.

You MIGHT be able to get them to give you a little grace, but you need to go down there in person to do so - it's WAY too easy to say "no" to someone on the phone!

Old 02-22-2014, 09:42 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,108,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHungry View Post
I've been paying someone else's usage and that someone has been paying mine. I said that's not my fault and asked to speak to someone higher.
It should not be a question of if you have to pay. You used it. You must pay for it. Maybe not all at once, but eventually. Your leverage here in getting to pay the difference over a period of months is that it was not your error that produced this situation. Your assumption that you shouldn't have to pay it at all is overplaying your hand and that notion is unfair to us other ratepayers who are paying for what we use.

Old 02-22-2014, 10:11 AM

349 posts, read 422,179 times
I've never had a problem getting through to a live person when calling CPS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio