Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 09:10 AM

97 posts, read 150,114 times

Advertisements

so did i miss something or was it announced in advance-- channel 29 the so sister station to 4 just went poof on saturday-- and all it show is, no signal, have not heard anything on 4 about it so Fox is no longer an over the air station?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2014, 09:26 AM

2,382 posts, read 3,465,617 times
Been working fine for me. Wish I could get channel 12 though...

Old 02-24-2014, 09:28 AM

9,843 posts, read 13,568,881 times
I've had issues with all my channels recently. I've had to reprogram my TV several times. I went about a week without 12 and a few days without 5.

Old 02-24-2014, 10:08 AM

581 posts, read 1,182,398 times
Same here. Lost 12 and 29 on Friday. Reprogrammed and got 12 back but 29 has been elusive. I may need to reposition the antenna though.

Old 02-24-2014, 12:56 PM

206 posts, read 462,148 times
I still have 29. But like someone said earlier all the channels have been glitchier than usual.
9, 12 and 26 have been the one's coming in and out lately. 29 is going strong for me at least.

I'm in the 1604 and Marbach area.

Old 02-24-2014, 05:00 PM

the reason i pointed this channel 29 thingy is because--- some truck i guess att worked on the metal post across the street from me, he came and went several times thru out the day and that was friday--- all was well with all me channels but when saturday the next day around mid day when i was channel surfing #29 was totally gone maybe it was a just my imagination but it sure seems like it had something to do with me loosing #29 which came in clearly for years, what a shame to keep loosing over the air broadcasts due to who knows what---

Old 02-24-2014, 06:17 PM

4,295 posts, read 7,159,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolonyokte View Post
the reason i pointed this channel 29 thingy is because--- some truck i guess att worked on the metal post across the street from me, he came and went several times thru out the day and that was friday--- all was well with all me channels but when saturday the next day around mid day when i was channel surfing #29 was totally gone maybe it was a just my imagination but it sure seems like it had something to do with me loosing #29 which came in clearly for years, what a shame to keep loosing over the air broadcasts due to who knows what---
I take it from your original post that you are getting your channels using an antenna. If either AT&T or Time Warner were working on a pedestal, it would only impact you if you were getting your channels though a subscription. My channel 29, along with the other locals, have been working fine lately (I use an antenna).

There have been a few occasions when one of the local stations mysteriously loses its signal for a short period of time, but then comes back. But all the other stations will come in fine during the outage. If you are indeed using an antenna and 29 still isn't working, the only thing I can think of is to re-position your antenna, or do a channel re-scan on your tuner.

Old 02-25-2014, 06:22 AM

2,600 posts, read 8,722,266 times
Nope, working for me, its your location.

Old 02-25-2014, 09:38 AM

i have had great clear channels ever since i taped rabbit ears outside the window and kept them positioned where all the channels came in no problems with the rabbit ears i have gone in and rescanned the channels, my location is at the intersection of I35 and Topperwien maybe 29 will come back one of this days just like 12 did last year when it went poof for a few days---

Old 02-25-2014, 12:54 PM

4,295 posts, read 7,159,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolonyokte View Post
i have had great clear channels ever since i taped rabbit ears outside the window and kept them positioned where all the channels came in no problems with the rabbit ears i have gone in and rescanned the channels, my location is at the intersection of I35 and Topperwien maybe 29 will come back one of this days just like 12 did last year when it went poof for a few days---
Rabbit ears usually aren't made to be out in the elements, so there could be some corrosion going on if you have them taped outside a window. Also, channel 29 is UHF, so it doesn't use the "rabbit ear" dipoles, but rather the loop element that is usually round, oval, or rectangular.

Really, it sounds like a marginal antenna setup, and you've probably just been lucky it's worked relatively well up to this point. I think what you really need is a better antenna, mounted in an appropriate location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio