U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 02:54 PM

3,746 posts, read 3,851,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Economically diverse? Are you sure about that? I predict that the hipsters will eventually evict all of those homes/apartments that are south of Funston and make it the refuge of high income earners exclusively. They'll name it something cute like "SoFun".
They call it "lobro"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2014, 06:17 PM

336 posts, read 414,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Economically diverse? Are you sure about that? I predict that the hipsters will eventually evict all of those homes/apartments that are south of Funston and make it the refuge of high income earners exclusively. They'll name it something cute like "SoFun".
The so-called 'hipster' community in San Antonio aren't high enough earners to even make that attempt. These are folks who openly complain about Southtown being too expensive for them now, so imagine them making a play for land down Broadway. I don't see it happening.

This isn't Austin: We don't have mass amounts of high paying tech jobs for young people. SA is still a town where $12-15/hr is considered decent money. That kind of scratch doesn't go very far when you're knocking back 4 quad lattes a day at Halcyon.

Old 02-27-2014, 06:31 PM

424 posts, read 509,071 times
Staunch, speaking of Southtown. I looked up your former handle, and saw a post where you (Benjamin) claimed Trader Joe's brought property in Southtown and was planning a store there. What's the latest?

Old 02-28-2014, 05:56 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,174,127 times
I find it interesting that one person on their second screen name is accusing someone else of doing it. Pot, meet Kettle.

Old 02-28-2014, 07:32 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,415,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prim8 View Post
I find it interesting that one person on their second screen name is accusing someone else of doing it. Pot, meet Kettle.
I have learned that sometimes people on here don't like to attach their real name to a statement, post, or message. It has been my personal experience that they will either 1) send anon reps with nasty comments, 2) send a DM with a really nasty comment they wouldn't want to say out in open or 3) use a different user name..... I consider them cowards and that is my opinion.

I may not have the best reputation here because I always speak my mind out in the open but that is ok, I am not necessary here to make buddies. There is a lot of good information here and that is what keeps me coming back to read this forum.

How this poster thinks this staunchcharacter is Benjamin, I have no idea but I do find it stalker'ish and creepy.

Old 02-28-2014, 07:44 AM

3,746 posts, read 3,851,132 times
Derailed again San Antonio...

Old 02-28-2014, 07:51 AM

4,268 posts, read 8,362,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
Derailed again San Antonio...
Love this, but not unlike any conversation.

Old 02-28-2014, 08:07 AM

1,257 posts, read 1,756,569 times
Back to the apartment complex being scuttled.

As one of the speakers said, my parents live in AH, I went to AHISD, and after returning from college wanted to live in the neighborhood. Could not find anything affordable and he now lives elsewhere and will not rerun to 09.

Whether good or bad is debatable, that is not my determination.

Old 02-28-2014, 09:41 AM

905 posts, read 1,356,363 times
It is difficult to understand how clickish the real 09'ers really are; the D.R.T. ladys, the Cavaliers, San Antonio Country Club people, German club, etc.. Therefore they are very protective of the A.H. community and it's schood district, rightfully so and the district doesn't want overcrowding of students. There is a reason why A.H. real estate and taxes are so high in this community.

Old 02-28-2014, 01:39 PM

424 posts, read 509,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prim8 View Post
I'm not sure I understand what you mean unless I misunderstood and this wasn't directed at me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio