U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 12-03-2007, 02:27 PM

1,200 posts, read 2,859,955 times
Default For all Brits in Sa

Went to a really nice tea shop in Schertz it is called the olde Yorkshire Tea shoppe. Worth a visit really nice food .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 12-03-2007, 03:24 PM

8,223 posts, read 11,554,421 times
They have Taylors of Harrogate tea!! Gotta go check them out!

By the way, they have a MySpace web page...

Quote:
The Olde Yorkshire Tea Shoppe opened in February 2007, in downtown Schertz, Texas. We offer traditional English fare as well as antiques and collectables. We are the sole purveyor of Yorkshire Tea by Taylors of Harrogate in the area. We also carry a small selection of sweets, jams and sundry English groceries. The owner is Sue Audsley a recent transplant from Yorkshire, England. This Tea Shoppe has been a long-time dream that has come to fruition. If anyone is in the area please stop in for a "cuppa" and visit with Sue. Why is the Tea Shoppe located in Schertz, Texas? Well, Schertz is an up-and-coming small town close to San Antonio. It was recently voted by Money Magazine as one of the top 40 cities in the nation to live in, and # 1 in Texas. Our location, close to some military bases, has given us the opportunity to provide a "home away from home" to a variety of English, Scots, Irish and Welsh ex-pats. The Tea Shoppe is housed in an old building that was once a duplex built in the 1940s. There are three dining areas, the Dog Room, the Coach Room and the Plate Room. Each room has its own unique decor. There is a separate antique room but the antiques seem to spill into every room. Some of our menu items include bangers and mash; steak & ale pie, cottage pie, Scotch eggs, and, of course, scones with jam and clotted cream.
By the way, do you have an address for it? I can't find one on the above web site, just states they are in downtown Schertz...

Cheers! M2

Unread 12-03-2007, 03:41 PM

537 Main street
Schertz

Unread 12-03-2007, 03:48 PM

Thanks! M2

Unread 04-05-2010, 11:18 AM

188 posts, read 345,982 times
Wondering if anyone has been there recently and if it is still good? My mom is coming for a visit in a few weeks and I'd love to take her.

Unread 04-05-2010, 12:30 PM

We stopped there a while ago, probably over a year, and it's nice but I can't comment on the food as we didn't eat there.

Is your Mom coming from the UK? If so, I wouldn't bother with any of the British establishments in SA. They are nice, but nowhere close to the real thing!

However, there is no shortage of taquerías!

Cheers! M2

Unread 04-06-2010, 07:29 AM

188 posts, read 345,982 times
No my mom's coming from Colorado - but she is an anglophile and loves high tea. I did some more searching and it appears that maybe this place closed down? So if anyone has recommendations on open places to have a nice British high tea (or just the tea/sandwiches thing) in the area - I'd love them!

Sadly, my mom doesn't do Tex-Mex. She doesn't visit for the food - which is sad, since it's one of my favorite things about SA! LOL

Unread 04-06-2010, 12:34 PM

Don't know of anywhere sorry

Unread 04-06-2010, 06:20 PM

1,398 posts, read 1,290,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momzillajen View Post
No my mom's coming from Colorado - but she is an anglophile and loves high tea. I did some more searching and it appears that maybe this place closed down? So if anyone has recommendations on open places to have a nice British high tea (or just the tea/sandwiches thing) in the area - I'd love them!

Sadly, my mom doesn't do Tex-Mex. She doesn't visit for the food - which is sad, since it's one of my favorite things about SA! LOL
There's another place called "British Sensations" in Bracken Village (in the countryside, a few miles northeast of 1604)
18771 Farm to Market 2252
San Antonio, TX 78266-2137
(210)-495-2748

Bracken Village SA (http://www.brackenvillagesa.com/index.php?shop=30 - broken link)

They have a small pantry with a few British groceries.. expensive though.
The servers are a bit rude.. I never met a rude person while living in England... funny that the only rude British people I've ever met live in the U.S.

It's the closest thing you can get to a British tea room in San Antonio, but it could do much better...

Unread 04-06-2010, 07:14 PM

There's also the English Tea Shoppe at 6877 Bandera Road (681-2535). Their fish & chips weren't that great, but the tea (PG Tips) was pretty dang good!

Cheers! M2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio